The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree250Likes

Thread: Does she love me, or is she playing me?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    What you heard and did Ian , is what you did.
    Let anyone else speculate all they like.

If they can prove otherwise , we are all ears.
    "Put up or shut up " comes to mind.
    This thread is starting to sound like the old PI interrogations...
    wabbits, Sydney, Rivo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Pui is my sick lady friend living in Phan. She never was a prostitute as Phaisan suggested. She had a tiny shop until she got sick. Pin is her daughter living in Chiang Mai with her father and going to university. Pup was a fucking auto-correct on my cell phone when I made a reply.

Phaisan is a nit picker looking for tiny mistakes made accidently by other people, and reminds me an awful lot like some on thaivisa who continually correct other people's mistakes.

Frankly, I don't give a fuck what any of you believe, or want to think is possible. Nit pickers are annoying at the best of times... whether or not they can add something useful to a conversation.

I've had hundreds of Thai women try to play me. I don't care. If I think they need help, regardless of lies they might try to convince me the reason is, then I will try to help up to a point. That is who I am. I would rather be me than some scum bag who doubts everyone and won't help anyone.
    Just to be clear what do you claim are the tiny mistakes I was nit picking in your story.

And what mistakes are you now admitting to making in the story.

None of the reasons given on why I believe you were conned could be classed as little.

You seem to have a pattern of posting story's or your views on things with a lot of holes and when challenged the story changes. M26 has pulled you up on it a number of times for example.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Pui is my sick lady friend living in Phan. She never was a prostitute as Phaisan suggested. She had a tiny shop until she got sick. Pin is her daughter living in Chiang Mai with her father and going to university. Pup was a fucking auto-correct on my cell phone when I made a reply.

Phaisan is a nit picker looking for tiny mistakes made accidently by other people, and reminds me an awful lot like some on thaivisa who continually correct other people's mistakes.

Frankly, I don't give a fuck what any of you believe, or want to think is possible. Nit pickers are annoying at the best of times... whether or not they can add something useful to a conversation.

I've had hundreds of Thai women try to play me. I don't care. If I think they need help, regardless of lies they might try to convince me the reason is, then I will try to help up to a point. That is who I am. I would rather be me than some scum bag who doubts everyone and won't help anyone.
    I think you genuinely like to help people Ian
    I fully believe that

But in the same breath.......I think people get tired if you constantly telling us how much you help people
    It's over and over again.

You should help people because you want to, and I truly believe you do, not to harp on telling people over and over again

I helped with an abortion way back when. My wife's best friend
    And honestly.....who knows if if it was true
    Like yourself in this case.....it seemed like a true story and if it wasn't I figured they needed the 10k(I don't remember how much back then I gave)

You felt you wanted to help and give the money......that is all that really matters
    PeteGill and Moo Uaon like this.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    maybe give the do's and don'ts book to some Thais to read as they sure could use the help understanding how westerners expect them to act and behave. 555
    Yeah I know, it's a book for tourists. However, I learned a few things I never had heard of before. Like the meaning of the "Wai". I really hadn't known before what that is. That it is unrespectful NOT to respond to it in any way. So, when I was "wai-ed" the first time in a shopping center, I remembered what I read in that book and smiled at the lady. It felt good to understand at least a tiny bit of the culture. Also, the concepts of "mai pen rai", jai yen yen", "krieng jai", and "mai mi pan ha" were explained as the "four basic foundations of Thai Society". It was interesting to read and it helped me a little bit to get along.
    Mai baa mai tamada.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by loom View Post
    Yeah I know, it's a book for tourists. However, I learned a few things I never had heard of before. Like the meaning of the "Wai". I really hadn't known before what that is. That it is unrespectful NOT to respond to it in any way. So, when I was "wai-ed" the first time in a shopping center, I remembered what I read in that book and smiled at the lady. It felt good to understand at least a tiny bit of the culture. Also, the concepts of "mai pen rai", jai yen yen", "krieng jai", and "mai mi pan ha" were explained as the "four basic foundations of Thai Society". It was interesting to read and it helped me a little bit to get along.
    If you learn one tiny thing from ANY experience, even the bad stuff, then it is worth while... providing you pay attention. Too many people don't pay attention, or don't really listen when others are talking. I have a couple of ex-friends like that... that is why they are "ex".

Newby
    Thatís a good point. But the books for sale are for the lowest common denominator and rarely help. Take the mai pen rai. Usually it is said to someone when they are getting p1ssed off with being taken for a ride. Itís used as a chill ax donít worry about it. And then used again and again. Similarly the good heart. That is used when a tg is milking someone. But some people are happy when they are told that they have a good heart. Also, the books are for sale for 20 bucks in Thailand. That shows you that some fools and their money are easily parted. But they are very enjoyable reads but rarely teach anyone anything useful.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Good on you Loom for doing the research

I'd only caution not to take everything as gospel and just learn on your own also.
    It's good to have an understanding by reading but then learn by experience

You also don't need to know all the cultural norms and traits as a new visitor.
    Just be nice and polite, as you seem to be and you will get on fine in any country

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post

Sure is .....

I would also suggest, just ignor ... feeding someone who loves to antagonise is much like argueing with a fool, they both have similar endings
    Ian Forbes and Hatari like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post

That's right but I'm sure many here have "helped out Thai families" and feel good about themselves but don't choose to bring it up over and over.
    You got a TGF you're expected to do just that.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Yeah I know, it's a book for tourists. However, I learned a few things I never had heard of before. Like the meaning of the "Wai". I really hadn't known before what that is. That it is unrespectful NOT to respond to it in any way. So, when I was "wai-ed" the first time in a shopping center, I remembered what I read in that book and smiled at the lady.
    That's the problem with a book like this, its not unrespectful to not respond to a wai from service staff, not responding is perfectly fine and not seen as a bad thing.

It felt good to understand at least a tiny bit of the culture. Also, the concepts of "mai pen rai", jai yen yen", "krieng jai", and "mai mi pan ha" were explained as the "four basic foundations of Thai Society". It was interesting to read and it helped me a little bit to get along.
    It's good to get a basic understanding but understand it's only very basic, it's a bit like telling non-westerners visiting the west to say "yes" or "ok" to everything, especially if they don't understand the question, it will get you by in a basic sense and is least likely to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    That’s a good point. But the books for sale are for the lowest common denominator and rarely help. Take the mai pen rai. Usually it is said to someone when they are getting p1ssed off with being taken for a ride. It’s used as a chill ax don’t worry about it. And then used again and again. Similarly the good heart. That is used when a tg is milking someone. But some people are happy when they are told that they have a good heart. Also, the books are for sale for 20 bucks in Thailand. That shows you that some fools and their money are easily parted. But they are very enjoyable reads but rarely teach anyone anything useful.
    What a notoriously good first post 555
    Distantpeak and Notorius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Sure is .....

I would also suggest, just ignor ... feeding someone who loves to antagonise is much like argueing with a fool, they both have similar endings
    See nomad this is what I was referring to. 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    That shows you that some fools and their money are easily parted. But they are very enjoyable reads but rarely teach anyone anything useful.
    Ah yes... the ol "nam jai".
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I think you genuinely like to help people Ian
    I fully believe that

But in the same breath.......I think people get tired if you constantly telling us how much you help people
    It's over and over again.

You should help people because you want to, and I truly believe you do, not to harp on telling people over and over again
    Some people get off more on telling others about the good they do rather than the actual act itself. They get addicted to the self importance they feel from the giving and don't actual consider if its the best thing for the situation.

A hard thing to do, but sometimes the greatest act of compassion is not helping.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Yes, just stomp on the unfortunate. Kill them all and let God sort it out.

Yes, just stomp on the unfortunate. Kill them all and let God sort it out.
    Glad to see your years of study on humans and ability to to read them like a book hasn't taught you anything of use.

Do you even understand the concept of compassion?

Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    What a notoriously good first post 555
    It wouldn’t let me put the ‘o’ after the ‘i’. But I think it looks edgier 555.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213