Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree250Likes

Thread: Does she love me, or is she playing me?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    They probably spent hours describing the same girl...but each thought 'no way! my girl is different' ...the identical tattoo was just a coincidence. 55
    Can see it now, Guy gets phone out to show his buddy his hottie as they drink beer in the pub........Fu3K man that's my girl...........Bar room brawling starts,

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    ^ And later...both crying in their beer..."Well how much were you paying?"...."80KBaht a month..."..."F***...!!!...she was into me for 100K...!".
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ^ And later...both crying in their beer..."Well how much were you paying?"...."80KBaht a month..."..."F***...!!!...she was into me for 100K...!".
    Man seriously do guys pay this much? Like even for a "good girl"

Maybe I'm na´ve or just a cheap Charlie but seriously I would pay nowhere near half that even if married to the girl. Actually even 1/4.
    slampay likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

Maybe I'm na´ve or just a cheap Charlie but seriously I would pay nowhere near half that even if married to the girl. Actually even 1/4.
    My wife now makes decent money on her own

But I send her 36k/mo
    6k is for her car, which I will just pay off in January when contract allows.
    9k goes to the townhouse
    And most of the rest goes to my stepson expenses.

She obviously gets more when needed.
    She also has her CC I pay but always asks before using it even though I've told her she doesn't need to.
    She asked the other day to go eat sushi with her son.
    It was 30fcuking dollars!!!
    I appreciate her frugality, but come-on......I don't need to be asked to spend 30 dollars

To give some girl you barely know 80k/mo, or even close to that is absurd
    And assures she will never respect you.

But I think NYCguy has been very receptive to advice and sure he knows the deal.....and knew it before asking, but was looking for confirmation
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    My wife now makes decent money on her own

But I send her 36k/mo
    6k is for her car, which I will just pay off in January when contract allows.
    9k goes to the townhouse
    And most of the rest goes to my stepson expenses.

She obviously gets more when needed.
    She also has her CC I pay but always asks before using it even though I've told her she doesn't need to.
    She asked the other day to go eat sushi with her son.
    It was 30fcuking dollars!!!
    I appreciate her frugality, but come-on......I don't need to be asked to spend 30 dollars

To give some girl you barely know 80k/mo, or even close to that is absurd
    And assures she will never respect you.

But I think NYCguy has been very receptive to advice and sure he knows the deal.....and knew it before asking, but was looking for confirmation
    36 is realistic I guess but the sushi should have come out of that...55.

36 is realistic I guess but the sushi should have come out of that...55.
    36k doesn't go as far as you think in Bangkok these days..... especially with a son in high school and all the expenses that demands.

You have guys giving absurd amount of money but then you also have a lot of guys who think a TG should only have this much per month because the avg worker makes x amount.

My wife doesn't spend lavishly (but likes expensive gifts 555) so that's never a concern.
    I'm not going to give her a ton of money just for the sake of it, and I think she knows that

But I also never want my wife to worry or deprived herself and especially her son, of anything reasonable.

As I said.....I've told her there is no need to ask before she uses the CC(I've told her that for over 3-4yrs) because her track record shows she won't abuse it

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    a lot of guys who think a TG should only have this much per month because the avg worker makes x amount.
    I must admit I am one of those guys that think that way.

Cadet

Now that I am talking to you folks- I know it was was an excessive amount. Chalk it up to being naive and inexperienced in Thailand. I was also chastised recently by some of my newfound Aussie and Yankee friends in Thailand for diluting the pool with too much cash/high expectations. My apologies... it won't happen again. 555 I just didn't have a clear idea about how things ran in Thailand when this all started. I didn't do my due diligence. I was blinded by love.

I don't think you should give yourself too hard a time over it NYCGuy, some of the BM's on here are cheap charlies, not mentioning any names (except maybe for Ozzyguy, I'll make an exception for him...555).

Life in Thailand has become much more expensive in recent years. A small car that cost 300,000 now costs 500,000. A pickup that cost 850,000 a few years ago is now 1.3million and the roads are full of nice shiny new ones. People want smartphones the same as everywhere else in the world and they cost 30,000 which is still a good months salary for some. Imagine everything costs the same as in the US, only you earn about a twentieth of your salary.
    People do not still live in villages and eat rice anymore. They live in cities and want the same things everyone else wants in life.
    You see the T shirts all the village kids are wearing are the ones that cost 700baht each with their football heroes numbers on them, not the 200 baht ones which their friends will laugh at.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCguy View Post
    Now that I am talking to you folks- I know it was was an excessive amount. Chalk it up to being naive and inexperienced in Thailand. I was also chastised recently by some of my newfound Aussie and Yankee friends in Thailand for diluting the pool with too much cash/high expectations. My apologies... it won't happen again. 555 I just didn't have a clear idea about how things ran in Thailand when this all started. I didn't do my due diligence. I was blinded by love.

Don't need to apologie man, its all a learning curve. Places like this if you stick around a bit you will learn a lot. Great bunch of guys on TD with many years experience.

Just remember I am a tight ass. Marctwosix 36k may be a more realistic number these days.

My belief is don't spoil them, they are not use to it so don't change it. Keep it simple most girls do live a simple life. If you start them off with big money they will expect it.

Personally I wouldn't date a girl based on money. If the money is gone the girls gone. Not my sort of girl.

, some of the BM's on here are cheap charlies, not mentioning any names (except maybe for Ozzyguy, I'll make an exception for him...555).

Thanks C1. but at least Forbes and I admit it..........

Buts its more being careful with the funds we have. Its hard retiring young....55
    Changone likes this.

Cadet
    I don't think you should give yourself too hard a time over it NYCGuy, some of the BM's on here are cheap charlies, not mentioning any names (except maybe for Ozzyguy, I'll make an exception for him...555).

Life in Thailand has become much more expensive in recent years. A small car that cost 300,000 now costs 500,000. A pickup that cost 850,000 a few years ago is now 1.3million and the roads are full of nice shiny new ones. People want smartphones the same as everywhere else in the world and they cost 30,000 which is still a good months salary for some. Imagine everything costs the same as in the US, only you earn about a twentieth of your salary.
    People do not still live in villages and eat rice anymore. They live in cities and want the same things everyone else wants in life.
    You see the T shirts all the village kids are wearing are the ones that cost 700baht each with their football heroes numbers on them, not the 200 baht ones which their friends will laugh at.
    I agree... Bangkok is definitely not cheap as it once used to be. But I still think I paid too much. I think I gave this BG a financial offer she can't refuse. (Of course- I didn't hand her 80k the moment I met her. It progressed over a period of time). And of course she took me upon it- but that clouds the whole love thing. Now I don't know if she genuinely loves me. Next time I'll have to take things slow.

PGC
    Blimey.....give me 80,000Baht a month and I could fall in love with you. Not saying I'd be any use in the sack for you, but I'd be a decent drinking partner,and I wouldn't moan if you left the toilet seat up.
    Quarky, PeteGill, Rockitt and 4 others like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCguy View Post
    I agree... Bangkok is definitely not cheap as it once used to be. But I still think I paiOd too much. I think I gave this BG a financial offer she can't refuse. (Of course- I didn't hand her 80k the moment I met her. It progressed over a period of time). And of course she took me upon it- but that clouds the whole love thing. Now I don't know if she genuinely loves me. Next time I'll have to take things slow.
    Others on here will have their own opinion and advice but mine is that the first thing you need to avoid at this stage is equating anything a BG does or does not do with our concept of "love".
    Her motivations are not going to be based solely around what she wants - too many other factors are involved.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Thing is you DO have to look at relativity in how much you give a prospective partner if you want to keep it about her feelings to be with you rather than how much she can milk you for...

I have a PTTGF (part time TGF) who is a primary school principal (small school...5 teachers and an assistant) out in a rural town in Issan...she earns ***25K per month which is around the average for a Thai professional person with a degree..on that she manages to keep a house with small monthly payments, run a car which is still on HP and feed and clothe her 2 boys..she also contributes to her parents needs...

sure she is not in BKK and of course if you are living on the SUK in a decent condo you would be paying that straight up...but as NYCG explained, his gal is back in the village...does he know what is happening with all that money?...I know he said that a PD was hired and he didn't see any evidence of cheating but the money must be going somewhere???...

Back home in the USA...80K baht a month is worth close to $3K...add in tax on that for someone who actualy had to earn it and you have a salary of $50K-ish...which is pretty close to the Median HOUSEHOLD income (where more than one income may be included) of $56K....so I'd be saying that even in the USA that is a decent income for a lot of households let alone a single girl living in Issan

*** How much is the average Thai salary per month? | Living Thai
    Last edited by bacwaan; 26th September 2017 at 23:40.
    Quarky, Rockitt and chiefbrody like this.

And that's what I've been saying but a lot of guys still think things cost the same as they did 15 years ago when we 1st started coming to Thailand

Some things in BKK are actually more expensive, or at least the same price, as they are in Vancouver
    Things like shampoo

All that adds up
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Thing is you DO have to look at relativity in how much you give a prospective partner if you want to keep it about her feelings to be with you rather than how much she can milk you for...

I have a PTTGF (part time TGF) who is a primary school principal (small school...5 teachers and an assistant) out in a rural town in Issan...she earns ***25K per month which is around the average for a Thai professional person with a degree..on that she manages to keep a house with small monthly payments, run a car which is still on HP and feed and clothe her 2 boys..she also contributes to her parents needs...

sure she is not in BKK and of course if you are living on the SUK in a decent condo you would be paying that straight up...but as NYCG explained, his gal is back in the village...does he know what is happening with all that money?...I know he said that a PD was hired and he didn't see any evidence of cheating but the money must be going somewhere???...

Back home in the USA...80K baht a month is worth close to $3K...add in tax on that for someone who actualy had to earn it and you have a salary of $50K-ish...which is pretty close to the Median HOUSEHOLD income (where more than one income may be included) of $56K....so I'd be saying that even in the USA that is a decent income for a lot of households let alone a single girl living in Issan

*** How much is the average Thai salary per month? | Living Thai
    At this stage........I don't think you can even compare village costs vs BKK costs, as you alluded to

Don't need to apologie man, its all a learning curve. Places like this if you stick around a bit you will learn a lot. Great bunch of guys on TD with many years experience.

Just remember I am a tight ass. Marctwosix 36k may be a more realistic number these days.

My belief is don't spoil them, they are not use to it so don't change it. Keep it simple most girls do live a simple life. If you start them off with big money they will expect it.

Personally I wouldn't date a girl based on money. If the money is gone the girls gone. Not my sort of girl.
    Honestly, 36k is just getting by in BKK with a high school aged kid..........you aren't saving much
    Granted my wife lives a much better life than most of her friends but I'd say she lives a middle class life..........and most importantly, is my stepson lives a middle class life

With him, she has basically the exact expenses that you'd have with a 17yr old kid in the Canada
    100-150cad for cleats(sport shoes)
    10-15cad to go out with his friends
    6-7cad for his lunch money everyday
    Changone and OZZYGUY like this.

^NYCguy has a 26yo stunner not an average isaan bargirl. She is used to a good life and has a kid to support.
    Thailand has a new middle class now and it's what they all aspire to. $3,000 a month is the new normal at that level.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    26 years old with a kid and won't introduce you to everyone in the family and has a lack of affection.

How old is the kid?

If I had to guess, I'd say she's already married to a Thai guy in the village.
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 27th September 2017 at 01:12.
    Zablive likes this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast