The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: How to stay safe while in Thailand? Tips please

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Yeah you seen Hostel? Maybe they just wanted to torture them, that's all 55.
    Quarky likes this.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Yeah you seen Hostel? Maybe they just wanted to torture them, that's all 55.
    Hostel motivated me to visit Eastern Europe... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Firstly, I think Thailand is one of the safest foreign countries I have been to. The people are nice and people are mannerly. Take all the advice people have given you but make your own decisions.

I don’t think going on a romance tour (if what I believe it is that you are set up on numerous dates to find a partner) is a good idea as it is a fake environment and it will constantly be on your mind if your dates are genuine which in all likelihood they are not.

Don’t let yourself be wound up because things don’t go your way as that is the starting point of an argument which escalated quickly. Don’t get jealous as there is no point. If someone isn’t treating you the way you want then move on immediately. All too often holidays are ruined by letting someone away with things that you wouldn’t tolerate at home.

Expect to be scammed a little e.g. padded bills, girls taking liberties with drinks etc. if this happens move somewhere else but don’t let a few quid cause you to get angry or say something out of order.

Don’t go down the beach by yourself at night as this can lead to awkward situations or worse. Always stay relaxed because this is one of the best places you will ever go to, especially the first time. I wouldn’t read private dancer until after you come back because it can spoil the illusion.

Don’t think you are special or the fact you are young makes you better than some of the more mature travlellers. Don’t believe a girl who professes feelings that you would laugh at at home because it is so early.

Wrap up when you have s3x even if you feel that she is special and you want to show her that you feel the same. If they do that with you, they do it with others.

Above all enjoy yourself ya lucky bastrd.
    justcruzing1, Rockitt and Tingtong like this.

Cadet Bronze
    when going on ur own avoid all other brits, most are on the run from crime and complete arseholes they latch on to you and are stone broke --u can tell by the way the b/girls treat them if your observant
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfella View Post
    when going on ur own avoid all other brits, most are on the run from crime and complete arseholes they latch on to you and are stone broke --u can tell by the way the b/girls treat them if your observant
    As someone from Ireland it is very rare that I ever stand up for my British neighbors but....my god this is one of the bizarre posts. Be amazing if true but it is just not.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    As someone from Ireland it is very rare that I ever stand up for my British neighbors but....my god this is one of the bizarre posts. Be amazing if true but it is just not.
    555... well, not entirely true anyway ... but if you have not met at least ONE of the Poms that Oldfella is talking about then it really is your first trip to Thailand ..555..

IMHO on any 10 minute walk on Beach Road Pattaya you will spot a few ...
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent
    repetition because familiarity is not easily distinguished from
    truth....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    555... well, not entirely true anyway ... but if you have not met at least ONE of the Poms that Oldfella is talking about then it really is your first trip to Thailand ..555..

the only ex criminals I've ever met in Thailand ( to my knowledge) were a couple of Aussies that had done time for fixing horse races , trainer and jockey , I'd bought them drinks when I rang the bell for my 25th B'day , they were also staying at the Expat and had a few drinks with them by the pool the next day , nice guys

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I've met plenty of exSAS, Special Forces, and Navy Seals in Thailand...pure fantasists all of them...555...

But there was only 2 criminals I knowingly had anything to do with...one was a Brit guy who used to be a fence (his occupation was a jeweller) and the other was an Aussie who was a time share agent that ripped off his partners..AFAIK he is still in the monkey house over in Phuket
    Minder likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I've met plenty of exSAS, Special Forces, and Navy Seals in Thailand...pure fantasists all of them...555...

But there was only 2 criminals I knowingly had anything to do with...one was a Brit guy who used to be a fence (his occupation was a jeweller) and the other was an Aussie who was a time share agent that ripped off his partners..AFAIK he is still in the monkey house over in Phuket
    Its uncanny how many Ex forces guys in Thailand were Special forces, SAS etc. I've never sat and had a beer with one that was simply a plain old Squaddie, Sailor or Airman. 555
    bacwaan and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Its uncanny how many Ex forces guys in Thailand were Special forces, SAS etc. I've never sat and had a beer with one that was simply a plain old Squaddie, Sailor or Airman. 555
    That reminds me of one of my favourite movies... "Second hand Lions" with Michael Caine and Robert Duval. It was about two old buggers who had an adventure filled life, and told others about it that everyone else thought were "Tall tails". In the end the stories turned out to be true.
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Probably one of my best skills

I can spot a bullshitter, sometimes just by looks and am able to keep a wide berth of this mutts in Thailand

And there is a ton of them there!
    Rockitt likes this.

I don't really want to talk to anyone who frequents the same area of Thailand as me... they must be strange by definition... 55
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    You're forgetting one of your best mates couldn't go home for a long long time or he'd get locked up?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

They are from many other countries as well as the U.K. I was making the point that most Brits you meet in Thailand aren’t criminals.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    They are from many other countries as well as the U.K. I was making the point that most Brits you meet in Thailand aren’t criminals.
    Define "criminal". 555
    Notorius likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    They are from many other countries as well as the U.K. I was making the point that most Brits you meet in Thailand arenít criminals.
    Criminal heritage though.
    Or have you forgotten your history lessons on how in the late 1700s after years of plague, fire and lawlessness those healthy and honest people that could fled Britain under the guise of Transportation and founded the great Southern paradise?
    PeteGill likes this.
    A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent
    repetition because familiarity is not easily distinguished from
    truth....

Hey, lay off us Brits (or Poms). Most of us are good guys 555
    Even our European partners have turned on us.
    Minder likes this.

Criminal heritage though.
    Or have you forgotten your history lessons on how in the late 1700s after years of plague, fire and lawlessness those healthy and honest people that could fled Britain under the guise of Transportation and founded the great Southern paradise?
    That's treason!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Even our European partners have turned on us.
    555..generally what happens when you unexpectedly tell your partner that you want a divorce...and you want it on your own terms...555
    Rockitt and Stillearly like this.

555..generally what happens when you unexpectedly tell your partner that you want a divorce...and you want it on your own terms...555
    555, yes I can relate to that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast