Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: thai jealousy

  1. #61
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,924
    funny thing when a new leuk kreung is on display any hidden bits need to be displayed to the admirers.
    with my little bloke the gazes from the women soon turned to my crutch.....GF,they think you hum yai!

    odd that they do that though?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  2. #62
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,549
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    I agree with you, except for this part ^^^ whilst I agree it true about younger Thai's marrying older farangs which happens a lot in the poorer class, there is also a trend of middle class educated professional Thai's marrying similar middle class professional farangs of the same/similar age group.

    And I am sure having a leuk kreung baby plays a part in it.

    I am sure there were some articles about the trend a while ago. I can maybe do a search for them if anyone is interested in seeing them.
    agree with the "professionals" intermarrying...people like doctors, scientists etc who work in the same environment meeting as equals falling in love and marrying...farang vs Thai not such a big deal once the barriers are down and common ground has been found via their "passion" or career..

    Much less so for the mass middle class where the children are raised to marry "good
    Thai partners" from the same schools/social set where they grow up...it ain't that different in the western world
    Ian Forbes likes this.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    agree with the "professionals" intermarrying...people like doctors, scientists etc who work in the same environment meeting as equals falling in love and marrying...farang vs Thai not such a big deal once the barriers are down and common ground has been found via their "passion" or career..

    Much less so for the mass middle class where the children are raised to marry "good
    Thai partners" from the same schools/social set where they grow up...it ain't that different in the western world
    No that's an outdated view and not what I was referring to, an extract from one of the articles below which sums it up nicely.

    “Before I conducted this research, I thought that Thai women marry white men from economic necessity, but after I studied the situation, I changed my mind,” said Supitchaya, who studied the trend through match-making websites, targeting Thai women and white men.

    The researcher found that Thai women have been engaging in love affairs with white men through their own will instead of for economic reasons.

    She found a growing number of young (about 18-30 years old) middle-class Thai women marrying farangs. These women are well educated and financially quite independent in comparison with the former generation which mostly came from the working class in Isan."




    Here are some of the articles I found


    http://www.pressreader.com/thailand/bangkok-post/20150816/282857959651255/TextView

    https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning...foreigners-why

    https://prachatai.com/english/node/5352
    Last edited by phaisan; 17th February 2018 at 20:13.

  4. #64
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,774
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    No that's an outdated view and not what I was referring to, an extract from one of the articles below which sums it up nicely.

    “Before I conducted this research, I thought that Thai women marry white men from economic necessity, but after I studied the situation, I changed my mind,” said Supitchaya, who studied the trend through match-making websites, targeting Thai women and white men.

    The researcher found that Thai women have been engaging in love affairs with white men through their own will instead of for economic reasons.

    She found a growing number of young (about 18-30 years old) middle-class Thai women marrying farangs. These women are well educated and financially quite independent in comparison with the former generation which mostly came from the working class in Isan."




    Here are some of the articles I found


    http://www.pressreader.com/thailand/bangkok-post/20150816/282857959651255/TextView

    https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning...foreigners-why

    https://prachatai.com/english/node/5352
    You don't have to really do any research
    All you have to do is have eyes....

    When I 1st started coming to Thailand it was mostly guys there for p4p and backpackers

    Now all types of young foreigners live and work in Thailand, especially Bangkok
    So it's on it natural there are more co-mingling

    Then add in the internet and farangs aren't the oddity we once were
    bacwaan, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

  5. #65
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49,538
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    You don't have to really do any research
    All you have to do is have eyes....

    When I 1st started coming to Thailand it was mostly guys there for p4p and backpackers

    Now all types of young foreigners live and work in Thailand, especially Bangkok
    So it's on it natural there are more co-mingling

    Then add in the internet and farangs aren't the oddity we once were
    I remember my first trip in 2006... sitting next to a guy on a plane to Phuket... and he worked in Bangkok in finance... and told me at the time there was a huge ex-pat community in Bangkok working in banking, finance etc... and that was then... must be an even bigger demographic now...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  6. #66
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I
    I just never really felt like other Thais were looking at us as some sort of goal or envy
    Yeah have you had a look in the mirror Paul ............Thats why you dont see it.....55555
    Quarky and Nomad like this.

  7. #67
    Cadet silver Scottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Oz
    Age
    46
    Posts
    127
    Having had serious Thai relationships before, some lasting as little as as 6 Months, some lasting over 2 years so I am unwilling to offer a formula for anything to work.

    Quite simply, if I did, I wouldn't be pulling your dick to give you hope, I would be pulling my own to even think I was qualified to offer the said advice.

    The story is quite simple, every girl is different because of way too many factors to list, so it is not as simple as a Pythagoras equation to solve.

    I have dated bar girls (inc Soi 6 girls), widowed farmer girls, shop assistant girls, former massage girls, former bar girls, etc, etc.

    Whilst I have many friends who have successful relationships with a Thai girl and are married for many years, I equally have friends who got taken to the cleaners. (I only got taken to the cleaners by a farang woman in Australia) but at the end of the day, you will never know unless you try.

    Thai girls are complicated, but although you could say you cannot polish a turd, I know a former Devils Den girl who is happily married to a farang who lives in Pattaya (maybe a key component) but they are happy.

    Money is always number 1, but I don't want to open that gate.

    I also knew a famous BG from Soi 6, who owns 2 commercial properties and her own house 'OUTRIGHT' but as she was getting to the end of her BG career, retired with a Dutch guy (from memory) and I don't believe he will have have any worries about her sleeping around.

    The other BG's used to call her 'Up, Down' as she was always going upstairs with a customer as they waited for their customer. (she did around 8 per day, by returning customers usually, ad to be honest she was fuck all to look at)

    I actually liked her as a person (business is business and all that).

    But going back on topic, when I went to LOS first, I was lucky if they had an old Nokia shitty mobile they were lucky, now they have Smartphones better than mine, so their communication ability is phenomenal.

    WE ARE DOOMED 555555


    Talking to girls on Thai Friendly is almost pointless, either they are BG's, freelancers or just want your cash (but a few exceptions), so I am converting to an old friend of mine who is a self proclained 'heartless bastard' that never sees a girl for longer that a ST / LT, no emotional commitment.
    Cheers

    Scottie

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    907
    Like anywhere the best place to often meet a partner is though friends or family (not your actual family 555). As normally they have your best interest at heart (for both people)
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  9. #69
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    Like anywhere the best place to often meet a partner is though friends or family (not your actual family 555). As normally they have your best interest at heart (for both people)
    Worked for me...... Ex employee who I brought to Aust on a 457 visa intruduced me to my now wife.

  10. #70
    Cadet Gold Cobba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    48
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Funniest thing as you wander around Thailand is the double-take that some TG will do now and then just on seeing your missus with a farang.

    The TG will barely look at you - all rich foreigners look alike of course - but your missus will get the full head-to-toe twice/thrice over.

    The look on the TGs face needs no explanation - What the farck?? How did SHE get a rich farang husband??

    The TG will then look at herself, then back at your missus, then back at herself - What is wrong with this picture? I'm the pretty one....555

    If you have a Thai wife and haven't seen this yet then IMHO you haven't been paying attention ....555
    I too have noticed this in the past. Of course it didnt happen all the time but it did happen.

    As far a jealousy goes, i have had in the past the former TGF get a bit antsy over the amount of Thai girls i have as friends on FB. To get that jealousy into over drive, posting on the said female FB threads then, the jealousy is off the planet if and when i post to those fb threads "nice photos *****", "pretty photos you *******", "beautiful photos ********".................... Its a quick way of getting into the bad books 55555555
    Minder likes this.

  11. #71
    Cadet Gold Cobba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    48
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    In other countrys its the men that are miss treated....well Aust anyway.
    Second that
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  12. #72
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    Second that
    Do you really believe that? I don’t think anyone can be mistreated unless they want to be or allow it to happen. Although, I have had bad breakups I don’t think men are mistreated. There are bad people everywhere and it’s universal. It’s bad choices that all people to be mistreated. I am not a believer in Western women are bad and men get a raw deal.

  13. #73
    Cadet Gold Cobba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    48
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    Do you really believe that? I don’t think anyone can be mistreated unless they want to be or allow it to happen. Although, I have had bad breakups I don’t think men are mistreated. There are bad people everywhere and it’s universal. It’s bad choices that all people to be mistreated. I am not a believer in Western women are bad and men get a raw deal.
    I am talking about Australian law..........

  14. #74
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    I am talking about Australian law..........
    I agree with that. The law is definitely fcuked when it comes to kids. Especially for unmarried fathers. But a good lawyer and mediator definitely helps. I have never been in that position but forward planning and a good financial planner is a must. Pre-nups have no legal affect in Ireland which is definitely a worry.

    Reminds me of Eddie Murphy’s I want half sketch. Love the line ‘what have you done for me lately eddie’.


  15. #75
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    I agree with that. The law is definitely fcuked when it comes to kids. Especially for unmarried fathers. But a good lawyer and mediator definitely helps. I have never been in that position but forward planning and a good financial planner is a must. Pre-nups have no legal affect in Ireland which is definitely a worry.

    Reminds me of Eddie Murphy’s I want half sketch. Love the line ‘what have you done for me lately eddie’.
    I don't know the law in other countries, but in Canada if a man allows a woman with children to move in with him, and they have a "relationship", then they are considered "married" after 7 months. Then the man is financially responsible for her children even if she buggers off with another man. I knew a women who was getting money for her and her two kids from several other men... and neither of the men were the biological father of the children. Pretty good deal if you can swing it.

    I was fortunate that when my second wife left me with her adult druggie son, I only had to take care of him financially for a year. We were together 7 years and I had to give her 25% of everything I owned, plus a big chunk of money... even though she never contributed anything other than her body and friendship. Luckily, she split BEFORE my mother died and I inherited $500,000. I was able to pay off the ex and pay off my house mortgage. Being debt free is the only thing that makes my life easy. My dicky ass pension would put me below the poverty level even though I worked 40 years to earn it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •