The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: thai jealousy

  1. #1
    Cadet Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    adelaide
    Age
    58
    Posts
    396

    thai jealousy

    Hi all thought i would throw this out and see if any one else has had this problem , now as you all know i was married last november to a thai girl .Anyway we were chatting last night and somehow the subject came up about what her friends thought of her marrying a falang .
    To my astonishment she told me that a few of her friends are jealous of her being married to a farang ,when i asked her why she said they think i have lots of money now and am rich . She has told them that i am not rich by any means ok i own property here and cars and boats but as for exuding gold from my rear it isnt the case im just an ordinary aussie working bloke .
    I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem within their relationship ?

  2. #2
    Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46,255
    ^Of course you are rich as far as they are concerned. One would have thought that is why she married you... and why her friends are jealous? Seems par for the course....
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

    Immortality to follow within 5 years...


  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,144
    prolly jealous she found hansum man with good heart,nam jai etc etc too
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  4. #4
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,373
    Funniest thing as you wander around Thailand is the double-take that some TG will do now and then just on seeing your missus with a farang.

    The TG will barely look at you - all rich foreigners look alike of course - but your missus will get the full head-to-toe twice/thrice over.

    The look on the TGs face needs no explanation - What the farck?? How did SHE get a rich farang husband??

    The TG will then look at herself, then back at your missus, then back at herself - What is wrong with this picture? I'm the pretty one....555

    If you have a Thai wife and haven't seen this yet then IMHO you haven't been paying attention ....555
    Distantpeak and Cobba like this.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    I guess I don't pay attention or don't care to


    I never noticed any of that sort of thing


    But I think a TG's friends wanting to find a farang husband is usually more down to seeing how well a farang treats them vs a Thai guy

    Although I also think that usually only applies to the poorer demographic.
    Pretty much most middle class Thai guys I know treat their gf/wives very well
    Actually can be a bit pussy whipped, actually

  6. #6
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,373
    On the other hand if you are Donald & Melania there is no need for anybody to look twice .... 555
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

  7. #7
    The artist formally known as Wabbits
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I guess I don't pay attention or don't care to


    I never noticed any of that sort of thing


    But I think a TG's friends wanting to find a farang husband is usually more down to seeing how well a farang treats them vs a Thai guy

    Although I also think that usually only applies to the poorer demographic.
    Pretty much most middle class Thai guys I know treat their gf/wives very well
    Actually can be a bit pussy whipped, actually
    Your power of observation are astounding.55555
    Seriously though I am not sure how you could not notice there is a massive keeping up with the Jones thing going on at any social level.
    It comes up in conversation from time to time in our household.
    Cuzzy likes this.
    .

  8. #8
    The artist formally known as Wabbits
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Funniest thing as you wander around Thailand is the double-take that some TG will do now and then just on seeing your missus with a farang.

    The TG will barely look at you - all rich foreigners look alike of course - but your missus will get the full head-to-toe twice/thrice over.

    The look on the TGs face needs no explanation - What the farck?? How did SHE get a rich farang husband??

    The TG will then look at herself, then back at your missus, then back at herself - What is wrong with this picture? I'm the pretty one....555

    If you have a Thai wife and haven't seen this yet then IMHO you haven't been paying attention ....555
    Wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of time they can spend looking at themselves in the mirror? 5555
    Cuzzy likes this.
    .

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post


    But I think a TG's friends wanting to find a farang husband is usually more down to seeing how well a farang treats them vs a Thai guy

    Although I also think that usually only applies to the poorer demographic.
    I wouldn't totally disagree. However my own experience with Au's family is that they are good men and take care of their wives and families.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Your power of observation are astounding.55555
    Seriously though I am not sure how you could not notice there is a massive keeping up with the Jones thing going on at any social level.
    It comes up in conversation from time to time in our household.
    Honestly I think it's just another farang ego boost.....which is part for the course in Thailand
    Oh look those girls are jealous of my wife because she's with me 5555

    Maybe I don't notice because I'm not looking for it to pump up my fragile ego

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    I wouldn't totally disagree. However my own experience with Au's family is that they are good men and take care of their wives and families.
    Yeah that is not painting a whole demographic with the same brush
    I've just seen more mistreatment with the lower class......
    But I'd imagine that's not much different than any country, really

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    5,688
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yeah that is not painting a whole demographic with the same brush
    I've just seen more mistreatment with the lower class......
    But I'd imagine that's not much different than any country, really
    In other countrys its the men that are miss treated....well Aust anyway.
    Cobba likes this.

  13. #13
    The artist formally known as Wabbits
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Honestly I think it's just another farang ego boost.....which is part for the course in Thailand
    Oh look those girls are jealous of my wife because she's with me 5555

    Maybe I don't notice because I'm not looking for it to pump up my fragile ego
    So now we all have fragile ego's 5555555
    Really.......
    Maybe it's because you think the only opinion that matters is yours and you cannot abide to possible think an others opinion may have validity...Just saying.
    Sometimes you well miss points.
    Zablive likes this.
    .

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    So now we all have fragile ego's 5555555
    Really.......
    Maybe it's because you think the only opinion that matters is yours and you cannot abide to possible think an others opinion may have validity...Just saying.
    Sometimes you well miss points.
    I was just being a dick


    And honestly, my ego is big enough, I don't need Thailand to stroke it 5555


    But you'd be lying if you say a lot of guys don't get off on the attention

  15. #15
    Cadet Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Honestly I think it's just another farang ego boost.....which is part for the course in Thailand
    Oh look those girls are jealous of my wife because she's with me 5555

    Maybe I don't notice because I'm not looking for it to pump up my fragile ego
    I always consider Thai girls observing me with my lass do so in sympathy for her and sheer dread they might one day end up with such an ugly git, just to support their family.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGee View Post
    I always consider Thai girls observing me with my lass do so in sympathy for her and sheer dread they might one day end up with such an ugly git, just to support their family.
    Haha
    You are fitting in well enough here 5555

  17. #17
    The artist formally known as Wabbits
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I was just being a dick
    But you'd be lying if you say a lot of guys don't get off on the attention
    Farangs get attention in LOS because they are perceived to be rich, that same attention can be bothersome when your with your partner or wife.
    There is also the different level of service given between us that can urk...I wonder if that is a manifestation of the said subject?

    The attention is just sales service, looses its shine quite quickly.
    .

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Farangs get attention in LOS because they are perceived to be rich, that same attention can be bothersome when your with your partner or wife.
    There is also the different level of service given between us that can urk...I wonder if that is a manifestation of the said subject?

    The attention is just sales service, looses its shine quite quickly.
    This is the honest truth......I hate the attention
    Which is weird because I'm a very social person but I don't like the over the top attention

    That's why I liked Chiang Mai a lot......because you seemed to just blend in more there(but no beach )

    Also......although I take the piss with guys......I don't think there is anything wrong with guys enjoying the extra attention, if that's what they like
    And I don't mean just from the girls, but just overall.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,286
    This is going off topic but my favorite thing about Thailand is not the attention but the playful interactions and Thais ability to laugh at themselves
    Those two are what I think Thailand is better than any country I've been to

  20. #20
    Cadet Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    467
    I think Thai people exhibit higher levels of autism (even Aspergers) than Westerners (we are ALL autistic to a degree, incidentally. Tests have revealed that we each contain varying degrees of it and autism can as easily verge on the genius as on the incapable - a la "Rainman"). Thought I'd better get that in before anyone got the impression I was disparaging towards autistics. I'm not as I am as likely to be just as autistic (on the genius side, I'd like to think ) as you are (but maybe not so much, for your part).

    But, Thais do seem to suffer from an ability to display brutal honesty (when it suits them).

    As in, they are quick to point out the spot on your face or your waistline exceeding your chest measurement or your scalp becoming more apparent through your once luxurious head-hair. They do so quite casually (or do they?) and without malice (or is it?).

    And despite having been in awe of you all evening (purely because you are a Farang) and begging you to perform a karaoke turn, once you have finished singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" with gusto, far from the applause you had expected, you are unlikely to even have your turn acknowledged (unless you happen to be Tom Jones) and if so, in a clearly patronising fashion.

    As a result, I'm not sure I agree with the claim that Thai people have an innate ability to laugh at themselves, quite the contrary considering the value they place upon retaining "face". If they happen to be "laughing at themself", you can bet their brain is thinking "Best served cold. Oh yes, it will be so much sweeter to see it served up to you when you think it has been forgotten. Best served cold".

    ALWAYS look a gift horse in the mouth (or prepare yourself for a crippling vets bill).
    Dupree likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •