The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Another TG Question

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    All the bar girls are on those sites... hoping to find "Mr. Right". ... or several Mr. Rights as the case may be.

Long distance romances do not work... unless you understand exactly what you are getting... and NOT getting.

I see nothing wrong with giving your money away to someone who probably needs it more than you... but understand that it is just charity and you get nothing back in exchange... unless it is the satisfaction that you've helped someone.
    It baffles me that people say "I've been with this TG for x months/years" when they have never met them in person, or if they have, at very best they've only been a VIP customer.
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    All the bar girls are on those sites... hoping to find "Mr. Right". ... or several Mr. Rights as the case may be.

Long distance romances do not work... unless you understand exactly what you are getting... and NOT getting.

I see nothing wrong with giving your money away to someone who probably needs it more than you... but understand that it is just charity and you get nothing back in exchange... unless it is the satisfaction that you've helped someone.
    I dont agree Lucky Ian . You say "all the bar girls are on those sites" , Yes maybe..... But all the Girls on those sites aren't Bar girls .
    On Thai Friendly I would say its 50/50 and the Bar Girls are pretty obvious .
    If guys go looking for a GF on Bangala rd the odds are probably a lot closer to 100%
    Any way this is a topic which is like discussing the length of a piece of string (or rope) for the Lesso's
    Sydney, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I dont agree Lucky Ian . You say "all the bar girls are on those sites" , Yes maybe..... But all the Girls on those sites aren't Bar girls .
    On Thai Friendly I would say its 50/50 and the Bar Girls are pretty obvious .
    If guys go looking for a GF on Bangala rd the odds are probably a lot closer to 100%
    Any way this is a topic which is like discussing the length of a piece of string (or rope) for the Lesso's
    No doubt very true, Tingtong. I would guess it's more like less than 30% are bar girls, or former bar girls. Many, many Asian women want to meet a foreigner with enough money to support them and their family. I'm sure my current Thai lady friend is on those sites hoping for a better "catch" than me. I see all the selfies she takes, and the ones that she posts on Facebook have all been photo "adjusted" to remove wrinkles and blemishes.
    OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.

Cadet Gold
    Hi all when i first met my wife on a dating site after reading numerous stories i made one decision that if it started of and was good for a while then i was asked for money it would end just as quick , one of her work colegues was dating a guy from the uk and he was sending her 100 pounds a month for her sons schooling ,not long before i was married she let me know that this person was actually seeing other men while this chap was in the uk which did come as a surprise but you never can tell ,i think what i am trying to say is listen to your gut feeling there are millions of girls out there and they dont all work in bars i know that that sounds a bit discriminatory but you have obviously heard the stories i think you have answered your own question,good luck with whatever you decide .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    Hi all when i first met my wife on a dating site after reading numerous stories i made one decision that if it started of and was good for a while then i was asked for money it would end just as quick , one of her work colegues was dating a guy from the uk and he was sending her 100 pounds a month for her sons schooling ,not long before i was married she let me know that this person was actually seeing other men while this chap was in the uk which did come as a surprise but you never can tell ,i think what i am trying to say is listen to your gut feeling there are millions of girls out there and they dont all work in bars i know that that sounds a bit discriminatory but you have obviously heard the stories i think you have answered your own question,good luck with whatever you decide .
    Funny you disaparage BG's but in the same sentence you talk about a non-BG scamming someone also

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Funny you disaparage BG's but in the same sentence you talk about a non-BG scamming someone also
    I didn't think he disparaged the bar girls. He just pointed out that women who sell their favours have hardened to the "game". The bar girls who work the P4P have learned not to trust the clients any more than clients trust them.

The P4P bar girls are no different than women anywhere who have a series of short term "relationships" until they may, or may not, find someone who suits all their needs or wants. Same with men who "play the field" until they finally settle down.
    I would put all the women who worked for Hugh Hefner's playboy mansion in the same category. They knew exactly what they were there for, and hoped to meet some wealthy playboy. Same with the women who hung around the various bands and rock stars.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

I didn't think he disparaged the bar girls. He just pointed out that women who sell their favours have hardened to the "game". The bar girls who work the P4P have learned not to trust the clients any more than clients trust them.

The P4P bar girls are no different than women anywhere who have a series of short term "relationships" until they may, or may not, find someone who suits all their needs or wants. Same with men who "play the field" until they finally settle down.
    I would put all the women who worked for Hugh Hefner's playboy mansion in the same category. They knew exactly what they were there for, and hoped to meet some wealthy playboy. Same with the women who hung around the various bands and rock stars.
    But again, he talks about "hearing the stories" about BG's while he is talking about an office girl scamming money

I've seen it straight down the line of 50/50....................I've seen "good girls" or office girls scam just as many guys

It all boils down to not being an idiot..........with a BG or office girl
    If you don't actually get to know the person, there is a much more likely chance you will get scammed
    phaisan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I'd say in Pattaya there's plenty of FL's and some BG's on TF but otherwise plenty of everyday girls elsewhere.

Worth a go IMO.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    ..................I've seen "good girls" or office girls scam just as many guys

It all boils down to not being an idiot..........with a BG or office girl
    If you don't actually get to know the person, there is a much more likely chance you will get scammed
    We know and have seen plenty of these so called "good girl" scams and all nationalitys. Mainly visa scams. Like you said get to know them.

The commen thing was a large age differance and the way the guy treated his girl. I dont think it started out as a scam and I wouldnt blam them for moving on after visa approvel.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    We know and have seen plenty of these so called "good girl" scams and all nationalitys. Mainly visa scams. Like you said get to know them.

The commen thing was a large age differance and the way the guy treated his girl. I dont think it started out as a scam and I wouldnt blam them for moving on after visa approvel.
    So many guys get scammed because they start giving money to a girl they barely know.....BG or office girl

How would any one respect you for that

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    So many guys get scammed because they start giving money to a girl they barely know.....BG or office girl

How would any one respect you for that
    Keep them lean...........keep them keen........ is my moto

Or im just a cheap Charlie...........55
    Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.

Just treat everyone with respect until they no longer deserve it has always been my moto. No sense in even getting upset. Just smile and happily leave with the understanding that you've learned something new..
    Gazmac, OZZYGUY and retdent like this.

Newby
    Hi
    Just to give an update –
    First thanks for all your suggestions and advice very informative, so to the update –
    I spoke to her last week and told her I would not be sending any more money, it did not go down well but not as bad as I thought it might, she did cut me off lol, after 2 days of silence I received a call from her which was totally unexpected,
    The conversation went like this –

TG – Hello how are you ?
    ME – Fine, how are you ?
    TG – I good miss you
    ME – Ok (I was a bit taken aback)
    TG – You still see me when you come over ?
    ME – Err really (Even more puzzled)
    TG – Yes – you not see me ? yes or no
    ME – Up to you (love getting this in whenever I can).
    TG – yes I want.
    ME – Ok its still some weeks off so we talk closer to time
    TG – What you not want to see me ?
    ME – No I did not say that, I meant we talk when time is near
    TG – So you not want me to call you ?
    ME – If you want to call me that’s ok
    TG – Ok good, we still go to home city and see family
    ME – Hmm really, up to you
    TG – No, up to you (lol)
    ME – Ok we go and see family (Now this may be a mistake, but from my point of view I would rather spend the Thai new year in a more traditional setting then in Phuket Patong)

Obviously I will be paying for flights and hotel which I don’t mind, and as I have said spending Songkran in a remote location does appeal to me.

Visa did not come up but maybe I will get ambushed later but I am interested in what has been touched on in a couple of posts,

"OZZYGUY"
    “We know and have seen plenty of these so called "good girl" scams and all nationality’s. Mainly visa scams. Like you said get to know them.
    The common thing was a large age difference and the way the guy treated his girl. I don’t think it started out as a scam and I wouldn’t blame them for moving on after visa approval.”

Can you elaborate on this i.e. what scams are you referring to.

Thanks For Reading
    Last edited by bspipe; 23rd February 2018 at 01:03.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bspipe View Post
    Hi
    Just to give an update –
    First thanks for all your suggestions and advice very informative, so to the update –
    I spoke to her last week and told her I would not be sending any more money, it did not go down well but not as bad as I thought it might, she did cut me off lol, after 2 days of silence I received a call from her which was totally unexpected,
    The conversation went like this –

TG – Hello how are you ?
    ME – Fine, how are you ?
    TG – I good miss you
    ME – Ok (I was a bit taken aback)
    TG – You still see me when you come over ?
    ME – Err really (Even more puzzled)
    TG – Yes – you not see me ? yes or no
    ME – Up to you (love getting this in whenever I can).
    TG – yes I want.
    ME – Ok its still some weeks off so we talk closer to time
    TG – What you not want to see me ?
    ME – No I did not say that, I meant we talk when time is near
    TG – So you not want me to call you ?
    ME – If you want to call me that’s ok
    TG – Ok good, we still go to home city and see family
    ME – Hmm really, up to you
    TG – No, up to you (lol)
    ME – Ok we go and see family (Now this may be a mistake, but from my point of view I would rather spend the Thai new year in a more traditional setting then in Phuket Patong)

Obviously I will be paying for flights and hotel which I don’t mind, and as I have said spending Songkran in a remote location does appeal to me.

Visa did not come up but maybe I will get ambushed later but I am interested in what has been touched on in a couple of posts,

"OZZYGUY"
    “We know and have seen plenty of these so called "good girl" scams and all nationality’s. Mainly visa scams. Like you said get to know them.
    The common thing was a large age difference and the way the guy treated his girl. I don’t think it started out as a scam and I wouldn’t blame them for moving on after visa approval.”

Can you elaborate on this i.e. what scams are you referring to.

Thanks For Reading

1st off, all of that is well played
    You can still see this girl, just no need to send her money until way down the line if you are going to make it a real relationship

And it will be a great experience spending Songkran in the village, you will love it,
    Some people make a visit to the village seem like some big deal/commitment..............I didn't see it that way at all
    Don't worry about any of that, just be nice to everyone and have fun

As for scams OG alludes to, meaning girls go live overseas and once they get a permanent visa to live there, they tell the guy to beat it
    As he also alludes to............most times it is the guy's fault that happens. Either he treated her like shit or didn't ever take the time to know her

I agree with everything that M26 wrote. I think most others will feel the same. It never hurts to get stung... once. Just don't make a habit of it.

Anything new will be a refreshing, learning experience... even if you don't want a steady diet of it later. And, it is ALWAYS wise to be up front and honest... even though it might sting a little at the time.

Most of the women who screw men with scams have been burnt by many western men in the past. It hardens up anyone. You can't really blame them for their actions.

I agree with everything that M26 wrote. I think most others will feel the same. It never hurts to get stung... once. Just don't make a habit of it.

Anything new will be a refreshing, learning experience... even if you don't want a steady diet of it later. And, it is ALWAYS wise to be up front and honest... even though it might sting a little at the time.

Most of the women who screw men with scams have been burnt by many western men in the past. It hardens up anyone. You can't really blame them for their actions.
    We are using the term "screwed" and "scams" and sure there are some truly scams

But OG and I also said, a lot of times it is the guy's own fault
    Either treating the girl like shit but expecting her to remain loyal or never really taking the time to get to know her in the 1st place

I'm not sure why you started this thread... you're obviously determined to suffer some more.. good luck... 55

My advice? Go stay with your brother instead...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'm not sure why you started this thread... you're obviously determined to suffer some more.. good luck... 55

My advice? Go stay with your brother instead...
    How is he suffering more?

He put his foot down and now is seeing her without sending money
    That actually does work

Just have to be secure to know you hold the cards

How is he suffering more?

He put his foot down and now is seeing her without sending money
    That actually does work

Just have to be secure to know you hold the cards
    Did you miss the very first post of this thread?

In my opinion he's a glutton for punishment ever seeing her again...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Did you miss the very first post of this thread?

In my opinion he's a glutton for punishment ever seeing her again...
    Yeah, so what's wrong with his initial post besides giving her money before knowing her well enough?

He now will hopefully keep it on his terms

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast