The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Bar girl vs Normal girl

Bar girl vs Normal girl

Good morning.

I have been reading s**t loads of threads in this section of the forum over the past few weeks and it provides some very interesting reading. What is mentioned time and time again is guys having soft spots in heart, and falling for bar girls. Everyone has different outlooks i am sure on what they seek and what they need out of a girl, but for me (i have never been with a BG), bar girls have never been an option that has ever entered my mind, for a good time or further more, for a relationship. If for the later, i am sure her past history would eat at me and would cause major problems later on down the track of the relationship.

So then i ask myself, what is it that bar girls (apart from experience behind closed doors) have over normal girls?...... Now that the modern era is here with the web (Facebook comes quick to mind), meeting normal girls is so so easy, and for any guy that can create and hold a conversation with a women is in for a good chance. Take myself for instance, through my previous failed relationships with former TGF (originally found on date sites), have over 130 Thai girls as friends on Facebook. All have jobs ranging from retail through to finance and most are single, very attractive and "in the market" for a guy that can offer love.

I gather the bar girl for some is the magnet they are looking for, but also assume with that, the bar girl will be more of a risk if the guy wants more out of the girl, ie, a relationship.

Thoughts ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    When guys go on holiday to Patong / Bangkok / Pattaya , they spend most evenings in the Bars / GoGos / entertainment areas ...most looking for the GFE that differentiates Thailand from other RLD around the world , easy for an experience to turn into the real thing especially if you stay with the same girl for the majority of your trip

I doubt anyone goes looking to fall in love with a BG , but if that's where you spend your time then you are unlikely to meet regular girls
    Gazmac and Bawdy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    You could see the shift in the way BG's and FL's operated 10 years ago in Patong.
    The better looking ones could advertise themselves on places like FB and internet dating sites and guys would spot them at places like Hollywood disco and put them on their to do list while holidaying there. the girls then didn't have to hang at a bar all night waiting for prince charming to come along.
    I think this is a big part of the decline in popularity of beer bars in Patong and maybe a lot of LOS now.

As far as the difference between BG's,FL's (many of whom have a normal daytime job),MG's and girls with normal jobs....there really is little difference...the latter can be just as or more ruthless when it comes to nailing guys down and making demands for money under false pretences.

You can find a sweet good hearted BG just as easily as you can find a totally ruthless,disrespectful TG with a normal job...it's a jungle.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 1st August 2018 at 11:05.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    i am sure her past history would eat at me and would cause major problems later on down the track of the relationship.

So then i ask myself, what is it that bar girls (apart from experience behind closed doors) have over normal girls?......

Thoughts ?
    Yep its the past history that would eat me too. But that’s our issue Cobba not hers.

I don’t think Bar girls have anything over normal girls, at a guess its just what guys fall into when they first go to places like Thailand and don’t really know any different.

The key in IMO is finding a girl that’s suits what you want and as I have said before with a few common interests.
    Stillearly likes this.

Also with girl that is from a poor background in most cases it’s all about the money, well at least in the beginning.

If you are not comfortable with a relationship based on money find a middle class or wealthy girl.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I doubt anyone goes looking to fall in love with a BG , but if that's where you spend your time then you are unlikely to meet regular girls
    Mmmmm......

There is plenty of opportunity everywhere in LOS. I remember the first three times i traveled to LOS with my former Aussie wife and children and opportunity with normal girls presented itself a few times.

On my latest trip (Jan 2018) went to a 7/11 with the TGF early one morning. TGF waited outside while i bought some supplies for the day ahead, when a conversation started with an attractive normal girl in uniform (looked like a nurse i think). The conversation was good, that too my amazement led to her asking me what i was doing later that evening, and if i like to go for coffee later. I declined of course, not mentioning that my TGF was waiting outside. We then paid for our purchases (dual register) and both proceeded outside still in small conversation. She was quick to say goodbye as my TGF approached, lol........
    Last edited by Cobba; 1st August 2018 at 11:42. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Also with girl that is from a poor background in most cases it’s all about the money, well at least in the beginning.

If you are not comfortable with a relationship based on money find a middle class or wealthy girl.
    Yes i hear you. I had dinner with my Australia based TGF on Monday in Sydney (again tonight lol) and a brief discussion arose about Sin Sod, and to my amazement she mentioned that her parents would not require this from any husband to be for her..... That being said, despite what i would assume, she dosent send a part of her salary back home to the parents (parents live in the South and a pretty well off).......

The two former TGF's were Essan and yes, it was all about money....... :-(

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Like Stillearly says, men go to Thailand to have fun, and hopefully with sex involved. The average male tourist is not going to meet some wealthy Thai woman who speaks good English; so a proper "courtship" is not going to happen in a 2 week to one month holiday.

Moo Uaon spoke about the shift away from the old days of meeting some customer in a bar. With all the on-line dating sites today, the girls who used to work in bars can now meet a couple of likely customers through the internet. They can then play the phony game of "I'm so sweet and innocent" and you are my first true love.

Most women (everywhere) are just practical, and much more so than men. They know what their options are. As they get older those options become more limited. If they have any interest in having a family and a good life they will choose a man with money and a good job before some stud. The really good looking women have a few more options, but their time is limited when they can make it happen.

In Thailand the ladies know that the majority of Thai men are butterflies, and the ladies get nothing back on their "investment" but a bit of temporary fun. They know that at least with some "tourist" they can at least get paid for their time.

But none of this is "new" to anyone here. It has been discussed a thousand times before on all these sites.

And, as Ozzyguy wrote...

Yep its the past history that would eat me too. But that’s our issue Cobba not hers.
    Does it really matter how many times a woman has had sex? If she gets it every night by a bunch of different men then the "novelty" wears off. If she hasn't had sex for a month then maybe she will be more receptive to someone who cares for her.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post

Does it really matter how many times a woman has had sex? If she gets it every night by a bunch of different men then the "novelty" wears off. er.
    It definitely dose matter, it shows her morels and respect for herself. Her values in life and a relationship. A girl that fucks on a first date has no morels IMO

Unless its her job then she has no choice.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    It definitely dose matter, it shows her morels and respect for herself. Her values in life and a relationship. A girl that fucks on a first date has no morels IMO

why do you care if she has mushrooms .... ah morals

but cant the same be said for a guy that has high mileage .. ?

that said , I do agree with you and if I ever was to look for a long term partner them she would be low mileage , even though considering my history it would be somewhat hypocritical
    OZZYGUY likes this.

These are "morels". They are a Spring time edible mushroom.

"Morals" are something entirely different. 5555

However, I do know several Thai ladies who used to work the P4P game and who are now highly honourable, and never play around on their husband/boyfriend.

Those that do are usually ones who find out their men are doing the same.

I know a couple more who work for my friend, Nong, who runs a successful laundry business and looks after my stuff when I'm in Canada. I've "dated" one, but it never went very far because she speaks limited English, and my Thai is terrible.

The artist formally known as Wabbits wabbits's Avatar
    Define normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    but cant the same be said for a guy that has high mileage .. ?

it would be somewhat hypocritical
    That’s different....we are guys.....55

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Define normal?
    There in lies the "rub". 555

Normal for one person is extreme for another. I'm just an old guy who rides a motorbike most of the time, goes fishing when I can, and spend my winters in Thailand. I just think of it as a normal, single guy's life, but to many people it is very different from "normal". Because my lady friends are half my age there are many men who think it is somehow "evil".
    wabbits likes this.

These are "morels".

"Morals" are something entirely different. 5555

Ok spellings not my best point but you knew what I was saying..
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Good morning.

I have been reading s**t loads of threads in this section of the forum over the past few weeks and it provides some very interesting reading. What is mentioned time and time again is guys having soft spots in heart, and falling for bar girls. Everyone has different outlooks i am sure on what they seek and what they need out of a girl, but for me (i have never been with a BG), bar girls have never been an option that has ever entered my mind, for a good time or further more, for a relationship. If for the later, i am sure her past history would eat at me and would cause major problems later on down the track of the relationship.

So then i ask myself, what is it that bar girls (apart from experience behind closed doors) have over normal girls?...... Now that the modern era is here with the web (Facebook comes quick to mind), meeting normal girls is so so easy, and for any guy that can create and hold a conversation with a women is in for a good chance. Take myself for instance, through my previous failed relationships with former TGF (originally found on date sites), have over 130 Thai girls as friends on Facebook. All have jobs ranging from retail through to finance and most are single, very attractive and "in the market" for a guy that can offer love.

I gather the bar girl for some is the magnet they are looking for, but also assume with that, the bar girl will be more of a risk if the guy wants more out of the girl, ie, a relationship.

Thoughts ?
    You lost 8k to a "regular girl"
    You are "in love" with the new one after a couple months

And you are talking about which one is riskier?

Some guys have no self-awareness whatsoever
    Distantpeak and PeteGill like this.

Mmmmm......

There is plenty of opportunity everywhere in LOS. I remember the first three times i traveled to LOS with my former Aussie wife and children and opportunity with normal girls presented itself a few times.

On my latest trip (Jan 2018) went to a 7/11 with the TGF early one morning. TGF waited outside while i bought some supplies for the day ahead, when a conversation started with an attractive normal girl in uniform (looked like a nurse i think). The conversation was good, that too my amazement led to her asking me what i was doing later that evening, and if i like to go for coffee later. I declined of course, not mentioning that my TGF was waiting outside. We then paid for our purchases (dual register) and both proceeded outside still in small conversation. She was quick to say goodbye as my TGF approached, lol........

Did you think by flying to Thailand you magically became more appealing?

Girls you don't know that come on to you in Thailand are after the same exact thing as any BG
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 1st August 2018 at 13:51.
    Minder and Stillearly like this.

Ok spellings not my best point but you knew what I was saying..
    I only tease you because we are friends, Ash. You guys know how to tease me. 555

I only tease you because we are friends, Ash. You guys know how to tease me. 555
    555 yeah I know...

This is one of the reasons having a well educated wife is a must on my "must have " list in a partner.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Any girl from any background that marries an older dude it's about money

You honestly think your wife would have considered you if you didn't have a seemingly secure financial situation?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast