The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 2 Post By bacwaan

Thread: Not just farangs targeted

Not just farangs targeted

I took out the TGF last night for a meal here in Sydney, and i mentioned to her that i have recently been active on a Thai forum run by experienced Western men, discussing to her points learnt so far.

The conversation went onto Thai girls living in the poorer areas (Issan), briefly touching my past experiences with former TGF's from that region.

As some are aware, my TGF is from Surat Thani (the South) and is the offspring of a well to do family. The girlfriend went onto to mention alot about the Isaans i never knew about and for the short time talking about the subject, learnt so much more than i have to date. She went on to mention that a family member found/met an Issan girl (for which my TGF parents frowned upon) that developed into a relationship. I didnt get into all the finer details about the relationship, but appears the girl was only attracted to the financial gains, and not the man..... The relationship ended a short time later of course and as a result, the girl walked away in a better financial position than what she did before entering.

This is in no way a dig at all Issan girls (all cant be painted with the same brush), but just an example of the ones that have the instant better life and money on their mind for themselves and family, the farang is not the only target 55555

Cobba

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Happens all over the world Cob, not just Issan girls.
    Distantpeak and Mate like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I live in Surat Thani (Samui)..plenty of local TGs done allright for themselves here...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    What does she think of Sydney so far Cob ? The Cold must be killing her .

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I live in Surat Thani (Samui)..plenty of local TGs done allright for themselves here...
    Over dinner last night we talked much of the area and she has me wanting to go ever so much. She explains the land is rich and lush and offers the farming folk fertile soil to grow there crops. The TGF parents home and farm land is river front, so an endless supply of fresh water is used for the agriculture. She went onto say that some of the central (Issan) areas of Thailand are not so fortunate, with a lot of the land over worked, not as productive and often water supply is in high demand. Also, a lot of the Issans grow rice which is only one harvest per year.

I gather if a life off the land is to be had, the Southerners have the best deal......

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    What does she think of Sydney so far Cob ? The Cold must be killing her .
    Yes, the cold does hit hard for her. She is only a small girl and hasent an ounce of fat on her which makes things worse. She likes Sydney but ultimate goal is not to live here in the long run. Her parents are getting on and its the childrens duty to continue on with the home dynasty.......

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    When you visit the mountainous regions of Burma (Myanmar) it is easy to see why they invaded Lush, central Thailand with the flat land and good water supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    I gather if a life off the land is to be had, the Southerners have the best deal......
    If I had to make my life as a Thai Agrarian I would definitely choose to own a durian farm on Samui...these guys make a mint here....

a lot of the farms down south were once rubber trees...many these were then converted to Palm Oil over the last 20 years...the bottom has fallen out of both markets..plenty of poor farmers in the south...but yes, the quality/fertility in the land is in general way better in the south than it is in the Issan
    Last edited by bacwaan; 9th August 2018 at 21:35.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

If I had to make my life as a Thai Agrarian I would definitely choose to own a durian farm on Samui...these guys make a mint here....

a lot of the farms down south were once rubber trees...many these were then converted to Palm Oil over the last 20 years...the bottom has fallen out of both markets..plenty of poor farmers in the south...but yes, the quality/fertility in the land is in general way better in the south than it is in the Issan
    Farm or orchard, Nels? 55 Either way you're spot on the money. Chinese love of durian exceeds supply.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

And I love a feed or three of it as well!

It is hard to stay ahead of the game with any business. If the government changes the rules, or the neighbourhood changes to another ethnic group, your once successful business goes down the toilet. It can happen anywhere.

My grandfather had a successful butcher business in Toronto, Canada. He specialized in pork and did very well until the neighbourhood became mostly Jewish. Had he been wise enough he should have moved somewhere else, or changed from specializing in pork to providing kosher meats... but he did neither and pretty much lost everything.

The girlfriends parents farm rubber tree, Palm oil, Mangosteen and Rambuten...... The biggest payoff is the Palm Oil and i was nearly knocked over when she told me the profits made per month on that alone.........

Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    .... The biggest payoff is the Palm Oil and i was nearly knocked over when she told me the profits made per month on that alone.........
    That's great that they are still making good money from Palm Oil...well for them rather than the environment anyway...but many producers in the South of Thailand and Malaysia are doing it tough since the price dropped by half over the last 7 years....

Price was about US$1300 a metric ton around this time in 2011...it is now about US$660
    Moo Uaon and Cobba like this.

That's great that they are still making good money from Palm Oil...well for them rather than the environment anyway...but many producers in the South of Thailand and Malaysia are doing it tough since the price dropped by half over the last 7 years....

Price was about US$1300 a metric ton around this time in 2011...it is now about US$660
    While the the price is determined in USD and not in the recipient currency of the trade directly, everybody that is productive loses the true value of their production.They become victims of monopsony by bankers from the USA and UK.

Sure glad I'm retired and too old to care. I'm not sure I would want to get in the business world today. Being an old camper I can exist on very little. I just want to enjoy my remaining years.