Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: how to stay safe--

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    That's Paul Whitehouse as Rowley Birkin QC isn't it?...Fast Show is one of my all time favourite comedy sketch shows and Rowley was one of my favourite characters...but the show is full of them...absolutely brilliant...
    Sure is Nels. Was one of the best things on TV in the 90s. One of my favourite sketches from it was the British Landlord and his Irish worker. the landlord was madly in love with the His Irish farmhand but paddy was oblivious. Went on for years. Oh simpler times.

Harry Enfield returned to sky one with a sketch show and it just wasn’t funny. Bizarre to see how someone who was one of the most famous tv sketch comedians become twee and irrelevant. He does cameos on various sit coms now such as ‘bad education’ with Jack Whitehall. Far cry from being one of the top paid tv comedians.
    Last edited by Notorius; 3rd October 2018 at 04:08.
    bacwaan likes this.

Used to have me in stitches too. Paul Whitehouse ended up having more longevity.

Bob Mortimer... now there's a funny bugger. He is still hilarious now.. especially when he appears on Would I lie to you?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I loved PW in the series Happiness some real LOL moments
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    Sure is Nels. Was one of the best things on TV in the 90s. One of my favourite sketches from it was the British Landlord and his Irish worker. the landlord was madly in love with the His Irish farmhand but paddy was oblivious. Went on for years. Oh simpler times.

Harry Enfield returned to sky one with a sketch show and it just wasn’t funny. Bizarre to see how someone who was one of the most famous tv sketch comedians become twee and irrelevant. He does cameos on various sit coms now such as ‘bad education’ with Jack Whitehall. Far cry from being one of the top paid tv comedians.
    love this one

Quarky and bacwaan like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Recall him being in the opening series of Men Behaving Badly which was ok then replaced by Neil Morrissey and the show took off. Good article here about why he left after 1 series https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....behaving-badly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quarky and Stillearly like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Andy is passed out on his floor(once again) in a pair of tightie whities he shit himself in while you fellas discuss your favorite comedy show 555

Andy looks like an alcoholic Elliott Gould

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ellio...w=1680&bih=881

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Andy is passed out on his floor(once again) in a pair of tightie whities he shit himself in while you fellas discuss your favorite comedy show 555
    Is there a story to his drunken vitriol. As you say he is a good bloke face to face. Was he burned or something?

Is there a story to his drunken vitriol. As you say he is a good bloke face to face. Was he burned or something?
    He has always been pretty sloppy even in person but really funny and actually a great guy

But he gets on it when he back pulling his pud at home and comes on the forums and starts all this
    He's been doing it for years

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Probably just a personal choice in life, and Andy doesn't want to face the reality of the poor choices he made. Too bad, but we can all learn from it.

I remember when I was logging back in 1962. Many of the loggers went to town for a 2 week piss-up and then return to camp stone broke. They often blew up to $10,000 on hookers and booze. That is back when we only earned $1000 a month.

One Christmas shut down break I offered to "baby sit" a big handsome Danish guy who liked to fish and hunt. I took Harry duck hunting at my father's private gun club, and I sat with him in his hotel room in a sleazy part of Vancouver. We had an agreement that I would "manage" his money so he didn't get robbed. I didn't drink, but I bought whisky and beer by the case, and huge cartons of cigarettes that he would pass out to the hookers and his so called "friends". They didn't like me too much because it prevented them from robbing him blind like his previous visits to town.

Harry went back to camp having spent only $2000 of the $8000 he took to town. We stayed in touch until he took off with the pretty wife of one of the camp's resident truck drivers. I don't think the lady enjoyed camp life, and Handsome Harry provided a good escape. I lost contact with Harry after that.

Sometimes it would be better if your phone/iPad/computer had a breathalyzer app which you had to pass before going online. I know it would have stopped me sending drunken texts to exes. I know sometimes I have sailed close to the wind on certain topics and probably p1ssed off some. But the whole crux of despising bgs and apparent hatred of the bar scene is really strange.

I hope I never get that bitter.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    hi all , my attitude was from an experience that i saw happen in the mai-thai bar when a really nice fella proposed to a complete nutcase bar girl --(the one nick had 2 boot for chasing another bargirl with a knife--some may remember?) well he re-employed her---(not his decision i would imagine)well this guy went down on one knee and put a gold ring on her finger and asked for her hand in marrage ---she slapped him around the face!!---i mean---for fckes sake! ---, hope ur all well lads , can assure u i'm not an arshole! at least i don' think i am --others may dissagree though

Quote Originally Posted by oldfella View Post
    hi all , my attitude was from an experience that i saw happen in the mai-thai bar when a really nice fella proposed to a complete nutcase bar girl --(the one nick had 2 boot for chasing another bargirl with a knife--some may remember?) well he re-employed her---(not his decision i would imagine)well this guy went down on one knee and put a gold ring on her finger and asked for her hand in marrage ---she slapped him around the face!!---i mean---for fckes sake! ---, hope ur all well lads , can assure u i'm not an arshole! at least i don' think i am --others may dissagree though
    I believe they are very happily married if I am thinking of the same girl

She was a waitress, no?

My takeaway from that whole scene was Nicke sitting there and doing fxuk all about it.
    I don't know.....it just came of as so callous to me

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^yep..happily married

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfella View Post
    I certainly disagree FFS!
    Your "logic " based on one known nutcase is stupid.
    Please don't post such flawed opinions.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^yep..happily married
    Kwan
    That was her name
    They are very happily married for a long time

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    There is a couple that often comes to the Zoom bar in the boxing complex. They stay fairly sober and often pay pool on one of Dave's good tables. The guy is a Brit, and he is an okay guy, but his lady is as hard as nails... and obviously once a bar girl for hire. She always dresses the part. At least 3 or 4 times when I've been there they have been fighting. She is a wildcat. Lord knows what goes on back at home. It's been at least 6 or 7 years that they've been coming to Dave's bar and they are still together. There are no generalities you can make about couples.
    oldfella likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Kwan
    That was her name
    They are very happily married for a long time
    yep..I always liked her...very funny and a real character..but she did have a short fuse...Peter is as quiet as a field mouse...just looks and smiles at her benificently...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Was thinking Peter.
    They seem to be doing OK.
    bacwaan likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet Bronze
    he proposed to her -puts a ring on her finger whilst down on one knee marc26? she proceeds to slap him around the head ? ---sounds like a marrage made in heaven , i hope he hid anything sharp from her in his future

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast