The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 104
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: I can't afford my thai fiancÚ

  1. #21
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Interesting Sid.
    It sounds like you're spending a bit of time around Cebu? If so what do you think of the place?
    Its much better than Manila i can tell you.People are friendlier and dont try to rip you off like up north.Thought you've been?

  2. #22
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,847
    Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    Its much better than Manila i can tell you.People are friendlier and dont try to rip you off like up north.Thought you've been?
    Yeah been a few times recently as well as a few times 10 years or so ago.. Got me one like Nikki in the vid but a much earlier model
    I don't really like the place but 12 months ago we went down to Oslob and a bit unexpectedly ended up in the water with a whole bunch of whale sharks...it was a fantastic experience.
    Next time i go back i figure on spending some time on the nearby Camotes (about and hour from Cebu) and stay on some beaches there and hire a bike to get around. Looks like there's much less people there than the bursting at the seams Cebu and i noticed some nice sandy beaches as we cruised past on a ferry.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 9th February 2019 at 08:19.
    sidvicious likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  3. #23
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Yeah been a few times recently as well as a few times 10 years or so ago.. Got me one like Nikki in the vid but a much earlier model
    I don't really like the place but 12 months ago we went down to Oslob and a bit unexpectedly ended up in the water with a whole bunch of whale sharks...it was a fantastic experience.
    Next time i go back i figure on spending some time on the nearby Camotes (about and hour from Cebu) and stay on some beaches there and hire a bike to get around. Looks like there's much less people there than the bursting at the seams Cebu and i noticed some nice sandy beaches as we cruised past on a ferry.
    I can't wait to see Palawan. The place looks immaculate. I'm setting myself a couple of days aside just for exploring El Nido. Looks so quaint.



    sidvicious and OZZYGUY like this.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

  4. #24
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,847
    ^ looks good but a bit difficult to get around there by all reports.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  5. #25
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ looks good but a bit difficult to get around there by all reports.
    Yeah I'm chartering from CLark to El Nido. Then all the way up to Coron by boat for a week. Coron to Manila on a wee sea plane.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

  6. #26
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,262
    I have talked to a few bgs about their sponsors and some of the figures are crazy. It is pretty normal that guys send 60-80k per month. Now these aren’t rich guys and have to live a pretty basic life to afford that. Let’s say it’s 2000 euro per month and if you take 50% tax that’s 4K gross. That’s a 50k per annum salary just to pay his gf on the other side of the world. Now I don’t care who you are but very few people can afford that. If you have to sacrifice anything in your life then you cannot afford your thai fiancÚ, now if she was living with you and it was a partnership and she was either earning to the partnership or a homemaker then that’s different. It no way can most blokes afford 2k a month for nothing.

  7. #27
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,010
    ^ She 'd want to be able to suck a golfball through a garden hose for the kind of money .
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  8. #28
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    ^ She 'd want to be able to suck a golfball through a garden hose for the kind of money .
    But that’s the thing. It’s the normal money being sponsored, the majority aren’t rich and can’t afford that level of commitment. They pay because they think it means she will be true but usually means that she just dresses better and still does what she always did (exceptions exist), my point being that most can’t afford to keep up the lifestyle of the holiday where they met. I am on good money but no way could I afford to send 2k on a bg or indeed just drop it when she is here without any sort of partnership.
    Tingtong likes this.

  9. #29
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    I have talked to a few bgs about their sponsors and some of the figures are crazy. It is pretty normal that guys send 60-80k per month....
    Phuket Prices???...555

    jeeze..why can't I meet a gal like that..we could both live happily after on that sort of money..(someone else's)...555

    Most of the gals I know who have sponsorships/VIP Customers would get bewteen 10-25K per month from their Giks...but ST's here (Lamai Samui) are 1K-1500 and LT's 1500-2K...

    Mind..you get the same result no matter how much you pay...555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  10. #30
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Phuket Prices???...555

    jeeze..why can't I meet a gal like that..we could both live happily after on that sort of money..(someone else's)...555

    Most of the gals I know who have sponsorships/VIP Customers would get bewteen 10-25K per month from their Giks...but ST's here (Lamai Samui) are 1K-1500 and LT's 1500-2K...

    Mind..you get the same result no matter how much you pay...555
    I think itold the story of one bg (not actually a g but her sponsors do t know) who get over 500k baht a month of 6 sponsors and none know about each other. Doesn’t stop her sleeping with customers just a bit more choosy. Most girls who have a sponsor won’t do it for less than 40k and I have never seen it do what the guy hopes it does.

  11. #31
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Yeah been a few times recently as well as a few times 10 years or so ago.. Got me one like Nikki in the vid but a much earlier model
    I don't really like the place but 12 months ago we went down to Oslob and a bit unexpectedly ended up in the water with a whole bunch of whale sharks...it was a fantastic experience.
    Next time i go back i figure on spending some time on the nearby Camotes (about and hour from Cebu) and stay on some beaches there and hire a bike to get around. Looks like there's much less people there than the bursting at the seams Cebu and i noticed some nice sandy beaches as we cruised past on a ferry.
    Certain parts of Cebu city are ok but its a city and is over crowded. Nice thing about Cebu city is you can fly every in PI(overseas also without going through Manila, which i hate) from there or take ferries or buses. Only down side is no nice beaches close by.
    I ve met a few girls from there over the years and been going there quite a bit more than LOS. Was seeing one on and off for 3 years till last year. We did quite a bit of travelling together there and and in SEA.
    One good thing about the filipinas is communication good,which is important for me.
    Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.

  12. #32
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I can't wait to see Palawan. The place looks immaculate. I'm setting myself a couple of days aside just for exploring El Nido. Looks so quaint.



    So you doing a recce for us. Been meaning to go but i always seem to not have enough time.
    I will probably do that in min 10 days,ideally 14. Start in Puerto Princesa then make my way to El Nido and up the coast then to Coron.
    There are some good small little towns on the coast with nice unspoilt beaches.
    Check out this blog.

    https://livedreamdiscover.com/10-day...d-philippines/

  13. #33
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,847
    Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    One good thing about the filipinas is communication good,which is important for me.
    Yeah,Thais are hard work 555
    Phils with their western culture and being christians helps a lot too....misunderstandings are at a bare minimum 55
    Mine is quite happy to come to LOS with me...she loves it actually and it's only a 4 hour flight from Cebu.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 9th February 2019 at 22:02.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  14. #34
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Yeah,Thais are hard work 555
    Phils with their western culture and being christians helps a lot too....misunderstandings are at a bare minimum 55
    Mine is quite happy to come to LOS with me...she loves it actually and it's only a 4 hour flight from Cebu.
    Filipinos love to travel and adjust quickly.Western or Asian environment is no issue for them plus they not fussy with food etc.

  15. #35
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49,034
    Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    Filipinos love to travel and adjust quickly.Western or Asian environment is no issue for them plus they not fussy with food etc.
    Is it true that Filipino girls get attached more easily and aren't so "casual"?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  16. #36
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    But that’s the thing. It’s the normal money being sponsored, the majority aren’t rich and can’t afford that level of commitment. They pay because they think it means she will be true but usually means that she just dresses better and still does what she always did (exceptions exist), my point being that most can’t afford to keep up the lifestyle of the holiday where they met. I am on good money but no way could I afford to send 2k on a bg or indeed just drop it when she is here without any sort of partnership.
    Yeah 60k/mo is honestly just living a bit more comfortable if the TG has kids

    I spend 40k/mo and that basically covers the essentials with the money my wife makes going almost all to her son's extra expenses

    Honestly having a teenager in high school in Bangkok is not that much cheaper than a kid in the West

    I would say my wife is giving her son 10k/mo easy in spending money

  17. #37
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,258
    Sid - what's the best way to meet girls in Cebu if say I wanted to take one to some of the nearby islands. I hear there's not much to do on Cebu itself so would rather not stay there if I didn't have to. Dateinasia?

  18. #38
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,847
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Sid - what's the best way to meet girls in Cebu if say I wanted to take one to some of the nearby islands. I hear there's not much to do on Cebu itself so would rather not stay there if I didn't have to. Dateinasia?
    Pinalove and Cebuanas too.Plenty there that'd want to show you around.
    sidvicious likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  19. #39
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Pinalove and Cebuanas too.Plenty there that'd want to show you around.

    Thanks. Signed up to Pinalove tonight. Looks like the same set up (literally) as thai friendly.

  20. #40
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Sid - what's the best way to meet girls in Cebu if say I wanted to take one to some of the nearby islands. I hear there's not much to do on Cebu itself so would rather not stay there if I didn't have to. Dateinasia?
    Yes sign up few months before you go.You get all sorts on those sites. Some are serious and doesnt do p4p. Some will try to scam you but you might find THE ONE 555.Beware...lots of fake profiles!
    Its a bit different to LOS.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •