Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Long distance relationships possible?

Cadet Bronze

Long distance relationships possible?

Hi all just wondering how you can make a LDR work. First off she is Indonesian and works in Bali if that matters but just getting ideas from others in LDR's with Asian girls.
    I met her online and hung out with her for about a week she works so mainly just saw her at night. She is a professional I dont mean the bar girl type 5555. She is an accountant at a very expensive resort works 6 days a week.
    Its early days but the most i could ever see her in the future is about 3 to 4 times a year for 10 to 12 days at a time, I have no plans to move to Bali in the near future and I dont think she has any plans to move to Australia. It would be great if I could just keep the relationship long distance she is 28 i am more than 20 years older but really get on well.
    Video calling all the time on Whattsapp but I can see it will get harder if the relationship develops further.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Plenty of people have done it before.

Guess the big thing is if you are looking for something serious and you or her are not interested in moving that's going to be a issue.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Long distance relationships probably need a goal like by.... we will be living together otherwise....
    Just musing.

so have you bedded the wench yet?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I don't understand your question if neither of you plan to move

So why worry then? Just keep it casual

But I think LDR work out real fine if both people are secure

And actually I think I have a better relationship with my wife because of all the time we spent talking on the phone at the start of our relationship vs being with each other in person
    Oldmanemu likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Like everything, it really depends on what the ultimate goals are for both of you. Are you happy with the arrangement like it is now? Are you both happy with an intermittent sex life? What are the financial expectations?

Would you be terribly upset if after a few years she were to meet someone else who wanted to live in Bali with her? I do believe that women are more practical than men when it comes to finances and long term relationships. Most women will choose financial security over emotional relationships over the long term.
    OzzyDamo likes this.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

And actually I think I have a better relationship with my wife because of all the time we spent talking on the phone at the start of our relationship vs being with each other in person
    I agree with this
    Cuzzy likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Like everything, it really depends on what the ultimate goals are for both of you. Are you happy with the arrangement like it is now? Are you both happy with an intermittent sex life? What are the financial expectations?

Would you be terribly upset if after a few years she were to meet someone else who wanted to live in Bali with her? I do believe that women are more practical than men when it comes to finances and long term relationships. Most women will choose financial security over emotional relationships over the long term.
    Sorry for the delayed reply been a bit busy. I get your point what I was hoping to do was to date long distance for one or two years and see what eventuates. The thing is she has a good job and i have my own work and business commitments. I actually didnt really think about it to much when I first started to message her online then visited her thought it was just going to be another short term fling.

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    so have you bedded the wench yet?
    I shared the bed with her on the last night she was naked but didnt really do the business. She has me intrigued because she is not like the other thai/indonesian girls i have met. I am going back in Feb and will see what happens.
    OzzyDamo likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post

Well that did not last long 5555 she messaged me in the morning about 6 days ago i replied back all my messages are unread and her Timeline on Line has also stopped its like she just vanished. Fairly disappointed as she didnt have the courtesy to say something and she was more outgoing than other girls i met . She has not logged into the dating site since September when she met me.
    The only remote concern I have is that she could have had an accident as a few weeks before i got to Bali she came off her scooter and badly grazed her knee. My gut is telling me she probably found someone else .
    The only contact info I have is her Line ID and an email address both she is not responding to i know i should have got her phone number but at the time didnt think of it as messaging over the line app worked well.
    oh well live and learn
    I do know the name of the resort where she works but not sure i should email them over personal matters maybe in a few weeks time .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    Well that did not last long 5555 she messaged me in the morning about 6 days ago i replied back all my messages are unread and her Timeline on Line has also stopped its like she just vanished. Fairly disappointed as she didnt have the courtesy to say something and she was more outgoing than other girls i met . She has not logged into the dating site since September when she met me.
    The only remote concern I have is that she could have had an accident as a few weeks before i got to Bali she came off her scooter and badly grazed her knee. My gut is telling me she probably found someone else .
    The only contact info I have is her Line ID and an email address both she is not responding to i know i should have got her phone number but at the time didnt think of it as messaging over the line app worked well.
    oh well live and learn
    I do know the name of the resort where she works but not sure i should email them over personal matters maybe in a few weeks time .
    I wouldn't email her work.

Just put it down to experience...
    Chob and Oldmanemu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    oh well live and learn
    She found someone else

Why she is off all the sites

Holiday fling and seems you had fun.....
    OzzyDamo likes this.

I'd want to know if she was still alive too... I'd call the establishment.. ask if she still exists.. then hang up when they say yes.. or that she sadly passed away... else it would eat away at me like a cancer... and eventually kill me...
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I'd want to know if she was still alive too... I'd call the establishment.. ask if she still exists.. then hang up when they say yes.. or that she sadly passed away... else it would eat away at me like a cancer... and eventually kill me...
    I'd be more concerned that some random Aussie calling up her place of work could have a negative impact for her ..
    Chob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I'd be more concerned that some random Aussie calling up her place of work could have a negative impact for her ..
    At this point my concerns about her future welfare are nil... I've watched the Kemper interviews.. these sort of events could turn Joca into a serial killer...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Not a Long Distance Relationship but Far enough ,
    My GF and I have been together for 17 yrs and we have never lived together . She Lives in Sydney and I live in Wollongong about an hours drive apart .
    We travel to see each other on alternate weeks on her days off from work for usually 2 to 3 days at a time . This works out as we only have to do the drive every fortnight , keeping cost down and wear and tear on our Cars .
    We have a couple of Holidays a year together. Also always have had each others backs in time of Bad Health.
    Some people (women) think were a bit strange , Most men say to me "you beauty , whats your secret " 55
    Not sure how long we will keep going like this , but as they say 'why fix something that isn't broken'
    Last edited by Tingtong; 30th November 2019 at 08:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    My GF and I have been together for 17 yrs and we have never lived together . She Lives in Sydney and I live in Wollongong about an hours drive apart .
    We travel to see each others place on alternate weeks on her days off from work for usually 2 to 3 days at a time . This works out as we only have to do the drive every fortnight , keeping cost down and wear and tear on our Cars .
    We have a couple of Holidays a year together. Also always have had each others backs in time of Bad Health.
    Some people (women) think were a bit strange , Most men say to me "you beauty , whats your secret " 55
    Not sure how long we will keep going like this , but as they say 'why fix something that isn't broken'
    People that live "cookie cutter" lives, as I call it don't like when others don't
    They somehow feel threatened that you choose to live life differently than most

I was having a discussion at a party the other night and people's idea of relationships is evolving at light speed now

People aren't even thinking of marriage until their late 30's and people are regularly having kids in their mid 40's to early 50's now

But to some people who had a "traditional" life, that somehow makes them feel your different life choices is an affront on them
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    We travel to see each other on alternate weeks on her days off from work for usually 2 to 3 days at a time . This works out as we only have to do the drive every fortnight , keeping cost down and wear and tear on our Cars .
    We are all different. What works for some people doesn't work for others. And, over a life time, people do change. As I've said before, what I knew for certain at the age of 40 I've changed my mind on 180 degrees. I know what works for me now, but my life style would not suit 60% or more of the population. Even in the last 10 years I've changed my interests.
    Tingtong likes this.

Do you get to visit Thailand alone? Cultural studies 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Do you get to visit Thailand alone? Cultural studies 55
    555 Yes ive done about 10 study tours in that time and feel a more cultured for it 55 .

The reason I was able to get away on my own is that She doesn't like SEA country's . She came with me once to Bali and then LOS and decided its not for her . So I said if you dont like you dont have to go ....But Im going ! ...The Beauty of Living Alone .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast