Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Money Requests.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar

Money Requests.

I'm lucky, seven years in the money requests are few and far between. We still do get them from immediate family, but only for emergencies, like needing to eat.

That's why I just about crapped my pants when I got a random message from a girl I haven't spoken to in years. A "friend" my wife grew up with but has not spoken to since she moved to America four years ago. The message was not meant for me. The problem with your wife choosing your profile pic is its always of her and the kid. Funny enough I changed my profile pic today because I was getting so many friend requests from Thai friends and family and I have reached my limit. 555

What makes this request so messed up is this girl, who had lived and worked in Korea just fell into some money. About a year ago, her parents who sell "Tah-lee" lottery were stuck with an bunch they could not sell. Well they ended up with the jackpot, or about 6 of the 9(?) tickets that were a jackpot. A cool ฿30,000,000 baht. The house in BKk and one in the village, and the cars to follow.

So, no hello, how are you. Just mistakenly sent me a message, thinking I am my wife saying "I need to borrow money." The woman just got back from Japan!

No, and this is Cippy, do not ask my wife for money! (She speaks and reads English, but I guess not enough to read my name 555).

This typically happens to poor people in America too who win the lottery, they lose it all. These people lost around a million US in two years. Oei.

I am still incredulous. Luckily my wife now shields me from these requests. She just told me there are only two people in Thailand she now considers friends. Her best friend who she grew up with and a Mate's S.O. "Because they are the only two who have never asked me for money or expected something from me. 555
    Last edited by Cippy; 24th December 2019 at 13:11.
    OzzyDamo likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    My wife is cheap as hell when it comes to lending money

She has no issue saying no to anyone

As for the requests
    If a TG marries a guy with a backbone she will soon learnt to say no and know you aren't giving it, with the exception of emergencies

It's really not that hard
    OzzyDamo and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I get far too many requests for money, but it's because I've been too generous in the past. I get pleasure from helping people become financially independent, but I don't want to be treated like an ATM. And I don't want them to become totally dependent on me for support. There is a time coming soon when I won't be around anymore. It's like paying for a child's education at university, but they don't study or put in any effort. At some point they are going to be on their own.
    OzzyDamo likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I think a lot of the people (not all) that constantly get asked for money are the ones that show off on Facebook posting photos of shopping, expensive cars, houses etc. The people at the other end think they are loaded so would ask for money.
    OzzyDamo and Oldmanemu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I think a lot of the people (not all) that constantly get asked for money are the ones that show off on Facebook posting photos of shopping, expensive cars, houses etc.
    That's not us! Its all the kid on Facebook. I just argue with idiot Trump supporters.

I think this situation is unique though, they had a million dollars and obviously flushed it down the toilet. Maybe now some payments they can't make.
    OzzyDamo and OZZYGUY like this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    That's not us! Its all the kid on Facebook. I just argue with idiot Trump supporters.

I think this situation is unique though, they had a million dollars and obviously flushed it down the toilet. Maybe now some payments they can't make.
    I wasnt suggesting it was you.

So many people that win money blow it they should make people that win have some sort of adviser that helps them invest or something.

Was a Aboriginal lady in Perth that won a packet, same thing lost the lot. Gave most away to free loaders
    OzzyDamo, Cippy and Oldmanemu like this.

I wasnt suggesting it was you.

So many people that win money blow it they should make people that win have some sort of adviser that helps them invest or something.

Was a Aboriginal lady in Perth that won a packet, same thing lost the lot. Gave most away to free loaders
    Yeah, sorry, rereading my post it did sound defensive, wasn't what I was trying to get across.

Here's a positive story re Thai girls , the wife's cousin just bought her husband a Dodge Charger for Christmas. She's been saving up for some time. She claims she makes $250/ a day cleaning houses for developers that are for sale. They live in a very wealthy suburb of Honolulu.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Yeah, sorry, rereading my post it did sound defensive, wasn't what I was trying to get across.

Here's a positive story re Thai girls , the wife's cousin just bought her husband a Dodge Charger for Christmas. She's been saving up for some time. She claims she makes $250/ a day cleaning houses for developers that are for sale. They live in a very wealthy suburb of Honolulu.
    You should ask her for a loan...........555
    Ian Forbes and Cippy like this.

You should ask her for a loan...........555

But only if you no longer want to be friends. 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

When Ao 1st came to Vancouver we put an ad up in my apartment building offering cleaning services
    If people wanted their apartment cleaned every week or so

The 1st call she got was from a management company
    They would pick her up and she'd clean 2/3 apartments per day and she was making anywhere from 100-200/day

What a score on the very 1st score

So 250/day isn't out of the question for this girl to make

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Only request I've ever had , and funnily enough she wasn't in Patts on my last trip 555
    Ian Forbes and Oldmanemu like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    With immediate family, the history has been to lend a small amount e.g. 2000, and happily do it again if paid back, but never a second loan if the first isn't paid back. This was in place before I was on the scene.
    Ian Forbes and Cippy like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    With immediate family, the history has been to lend a small amount e.g. 2000, and happily do it again if paid back, but never a second loan if the first isn't paid back. This was in place before I was on the scene.
    Yes I've done that and stuck to it

Ao's one brother refused to pay me back when I paid 50k(may have been 100k, I forget) to keep the 2 brothers out of jail
    The really good one paid me his share and the brothers

The one who didn't pay me back. No actually refused to pay me back
    That dude could be lying in the hospital and Ao knows he will never see a dime from me
    And she agrees with that

The other brother.....he has any credit he wants
    He's borrowed to start a business, for his wedding
    And he's always paid me back
    Minder, Cippy and Oldmanemu like this.

Once bitten, twice shy.

I'm more likely to help some bum in the gutter than somebody who has screwed me. I help lots of people knowing full well they can't pay me back. But, that is entirely different than a real loan with the expectation that they will attempt to pay it back.

We know this girl back home that told her Aust husband her family needed 30k AUD "loan" to pay the bank because the bank was about to for close on the house. He paid it.

My wife said to her (in Tagalog) I thought your family own the house. Because she told my wife they owned it before.

This girl said yeah they do but she needed the money for something else and was laughing about it.....like my husband is dumb he will pay type of attatude. We were all there when they had this conversation and she was like bosting about it.

The next day I told him, she doesn't talk to us anymore.

We know this girl back home that told her Aust husband her family needed 30k AUD "loan" to pay the bank because the bank was about to for close on the house. He paid it.

My wife said to her (in Tagalog) I thought your family own the house. Because she told my wife they owned it before.

This girl said yeah they do but she needed the money for something else and was laughing about it.....like my husband is dumb he will pay type of attatude. We were all there when they had this conversation and she was like bosting about it.

The next day I told him, she doesn't talk to us anymore.
    But he's an idiot, plain and simple

I'd never give that much to anyone
    If they were dumb enough to need 30k they aren't getting it from me
    OzzyDamo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But he's an idiot, plain and simple

I'd never give that much to anyone
    If they were dumb enough to need 30k they aren't getting it from me
    Maybe......but I bet in a emergency a lot of guys would help out the wife's family.

She is just a scammer, true he is a idiot but for marring her not for what he thought was helping her family.

Maybe......but I bet in a emergency a lot of guys would help out the wife's family.

She is just a scammer, true he is a idiot but for marring her not for what he thought was helping her family.
    I'm happy to help in an emergency. The problem is they never stop, just one after the other. The best thing I ever did was allow my wife access to all my accounts. Probably not the best way to go for a lot of guys. But, now she realizes just how much of a percentage I had been spending on them. The year I spent in the village I spent upwards if 10% of my income trying to get a businesses going for my in-laws trying to get them independent. She sees that now and she's more protective of our money than I am.

I think I am also in a unique situation in that she could very well end up out earning me. She is getting straight A's and has been the top of her math classes two semesters in a row. I encouraged her to go straight for her Bachelor degree. RN's in California start out at around $70,000/year. Not a stretch to say I think she'll go on to be nurse practitioner, then I retire. 555
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

I'd honestly let them take the house
    Doesn't matter who they are that 30k isn't my issue
    And if someone got in the whole 30k on their house they did something very stupid or negligent to get there and they'd never pay you back

I consider emergencies something someone couldn't prevent
    Chob, OzzyDamo and Oldmanemu like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast