Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "LearnThai" app for Android

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar

"LearnThai" app for Android

I just downloaded a free app for my LG Android cellphone that some of you might like. Its called "LearnThai" and has 6 Catagories of vocab, containing 234 different words and phrases. The great thing about it is that each word or phrase is spoken by your choice of either a male or female speaker, has the Thai script above the Phonetic English script. Really great little phone app. I'll likely be picking up the LearnThai Pro, which cost a $4.72 CAN. With that you get 12 additional Catagories, and over 600 more words and phrases.

Awesome app!
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Ahh that is one i think i will get.
    Cheers VG

Thanks VG. That could be handy.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Looks good, just downloaded that and will most likely pay for the full version. Will be good for when I am in LOS... Did I meantion I will be there in 6 more day 5555

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Looks good, just downloaded that and will most likely pay for the full version. Will be good for when I am in LOS... Did I meantion I will be there in 6 more day 5555
    How long will you be there for? This is the trip you will be returning with Noy I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    How long will you be there for? This is the trip you will be returning with Noy I presume?
    24 days in 5 different loactions, Bangkok, Patong, Udon Thani, Koh Samui (Chaweng and Lamaii) and Koh Phangan . If all goes to plan with the TV application she will be flying back with me(I have already booked the ticket for her to Melbourne....)

24 days in 5 different loactions, Bangkok, Patong, Udon Thani, Koh Samui (Chaweng and Lamaii) and Koh Phangan . If all goes to plan with the TV application she will be flying back with me(I have already booked the ticket for her to Melbourne....)
    Sweet!!! Sounds like an awesome trip, Gary, and I bet you are bouncing off the walls right now in anticipation!! Less then a week to go ... the countdown has begun!! Oh, Nui wants you to say hi to Noy for her.

The paid version of that app is great ... I just bought it shortly after I posted this thread, and its got a ton of great stuff. The guy talks really fast, and I swear I cannot even make half the sounds he does while speaking, but its really been helpful already in practicing the tones. I especially got a laugh out of the Thai Tongue-Twisters section!

eg: A soldier carrying a gun took a bag of cement to spread on a building. "ta-han-bak-bpuen-berg-poon-bpai-borg-teuk" With the tones, that is really tough to say!
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Sweet!!! Sounds like an awesome trip, Gary, and I bet you are bouncing off the walls right now in anticipation!! Less then a week to go ... the countdown has begun!! Oh, Nui wants you to say hi to Noy for her.

The paid version of that app is great ... I just bought it shortly after I posted this thread, and its got a ton of great stuff. The guy talks really fast, and I swear I cannot even make half the sounds he does while speaking, but its really been helpful already in practicing the tones. I especially got a laugh out of the Thai Tongue-Twisters section!

eg: A soldier carrying a gun took a bag of cement to spread on a building. "ta-han-bak-bpuen-berg-poon-bpai-borg-teuk" With the tones, that is really tough to say!
    Yeah i purchased the full version but keeps saying cannot download at this time. I will give it another shot later and see how it goes.

As for the trip I am bouncing of the walls, my work keep telling me to settle down. I just have the smile from ear to ear and everyone else is upset to be at work in the horrible weather but TBH nothing can ruin the mood at the moment . I think i have gone a little loopy from excitment, but I have to say I am glad I have work the next 5 days... will help the time pass.. I Hope. Tell Nui I will make Noy give her a call again when I am with her and I will say hello back to ther then 555.

Ahh the soldier one i have in my lonely planet thai phrase book.
    That and the one....to ride a elephant tocatch a grass hopper...
    Mrs Wabbit would get me t read them when with family...then everyone would repeat and laugh.555555
    Like me i suppose getting her to say Squirrel.5555

Good luck with everything mate. You'll enjoy it!

Ok, after many emails and attempts I was finally able to Install the full version to my phone and its a good app to have. I am sure i will be using it alot on my holiday.

Highly Recommended

Ok, after many emails and attempts I was finally able to Install the full version to my phone and its a good app to have. I am sure i will be using it alot on my holiday.

Highly Recommended
    I've found it an awesome learning tool ... already memorized the days of the week, asking the time, telling time, and am going to start working on the months of the year. I get a lot of 15 minute breaks when I'm working, so I can open up the app and run through what I've learned. Did you notice they even have a favorites section, where you can move words and phrases you want to learn, then shuffle them out for something new when you have those down ... very handy. The more I use it, the more I like it.
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

They just did a big patch on the LearnThai app, and its now called Learn Thai Pro, with a bunch of new words and phrases added. My favorite is under the "Dating" section, where they now include the phrase "pom ja mai non gab khun taa mai chai tung yang krap" ... or in other words "I won't do it without a condom." Talk about a useful addition!! 555
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    They just did a big patch on the LearnThai app, and its now called Learn Thai Pro, with a bunch of new words and phrases added. My favorite is under the "Dating" section, where they now include the phrase "pom ja mai non gab khun taa mai chai tung yang krap" ... or in other words "I won't do it without a condom." Talk about a useful addition!! 555
    Bit of a mouthful!

Just read that out loud..........and get a muffled mai ko gai from the kitchen.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Maybe you need the APP?......555555
    Last edited by Sydney; 10th July 2011 at 20:52.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Gotta get those tones right, wabs!! 555 Did Joy finally figure out what you were trying to say?
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Just to make sure people see this, I just checked out this app. It's awesome for sure. Sometimes I wish you could slow it down a little bit as it's hard to make some stuff out, but it's great to have something like this on your phone.

For sure!

I just downloaded a free app for my LG Android cellphone that some of you might like. Its called "LearnThai" and has 6 Catagories of vocab, containing 234 different words and phrases. The great thing about it is that each word or phrase is spoken by your choice of either a male or female speaker, has the Thai script above the Phonetic English script. Really great little phone app. I'll likely be picking up the LearnThai Pro, which cost a $4.72 CAN. With that you get 12 additional Catagories, and over 600 more words and phrases.

Awesome app!
    Hi.

Can you let me know the maker of this app. I have an iPhone and did a search, but comes up with many with similar names, so not sure which one it is.

Or, an iPhone app recommendation would be great.

Thanks.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Talking Thai-English Thai.. App Store - Talking Thai
    supposed to be the best, but it is expensive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast