Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Thai superstitions - Phii and other stuff

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Last edited by Changone; 2nd May 2013 at 11:15.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    What does it mean if she buys me a Watch then.... :S 555

I always find the best gift is hope...

Failing that... a duster, mop and bucket always goes down a treat!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Another one Noy believes in, Your wedding party must consist of only people whose Parents are still married or the Marriage will not last

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    What does it mean if she buys me a Watch then.... :S 555
    I need to know this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    It is always interesting to know what sort of reception you will get when you give your TG a surprise gift:

Don't give your girlfriend:

Earrings - if she loses one, you will break up
    A watch/clock - your time together is over
    Shoes - they may cause her to walk away
    A handkerchief - you are giving her something to cry in, because you are breaking up A knife - you are cutting ties
    Perfume - she smells bad

Amazingly, there are no taboos about giving gold, cars or condos...555

I also got, cannot cut hair/nails on the day of your birth (So Friday is no good for me)

Perfume one must be a fallacy, TG and her sisters thrive on this as a gift
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Perfume one must be a fallacy, TG and her sisters thrive on this as a gift
    I agree with you there. Every time Noy is heading home she stocks up on the perfume for gifts for family and friends. But I have to say, Noy did say I could not buy her perfume but it was ok for my mum too... Weather that is a Superstition or she doesn;t like my taste in perfume I do not know 555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    It is always interesting to know what sort of reception you will get when you give your TG a surprise gift:

Don't give your girlfriend:

Earrings - if she loses one, you will break up
    A watch/clock - your time together is over
    Shoes - they may cause her to walk away
    A handkerchief - you are giving her something to cry in, because you are breaking up A knife - you are cutting ties
    Perfume - she smells bad

No wonder money is the gift of choice then ...
    Quarky likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Always have a bundle of notes (cash) somewhere on your body....then you will get more money and be rich

Don't throw away or loose any coins, drop on the floor and not pickup etc...5 cents even....or you will be throwing away more money at some point....this is also relative to thai money and the king

Right eye twitch...good luck.......left eye twitch bad
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Always have a bundle of notes (cash) somewhere on your body....then you will get more money and be rich

Don't throw away or loose any coins, drop on the floor and not pickup etc...5 cents even....or you will be throwing away more money at some point....this is also relative to thai money and the king

Right eye twitch...good luck.......left eye twitch bad
    Dont pick up a Satang of the ground as it will stop you finding the Baht
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

I agree with you there. Every time Noy is heading home she stocks up on the perfume for gifts for family and friends. But I have to say, Noy did say I could not buy her perfume but it was ok for my mum too... Weather that is a Superstition or she doesn;t like my taste in perfume I do not know 555
    Same here, we bought a fair bit of perfume from the discount warehouse for the TG's back in BKK and Patt's. She had certain orders on brands they wanted, and they payed the price we got them for. Did make a little off it, but was surprised that they did'nt want the copy brands you see on the street in thailand. Tg's think that if bought from OZ, America, UK etc, then it's the real item and willing to pay.

We also had to do the same for handbags, we bought a few from Parklea markets and when she showed them back in Thailand, the girls were just about fighting each other over them to buy them off her.

So guess what?? Today in my break, I've got to head over to Parklea and buy up for the trip on the 17th. I have an order for 20 purse size money wallets for the TG's in BKK. We pay about $ 8-10 AUD for them, and the TG's but them for 500 THB. I haven't received the purfume order yet, but that will come at the last minute when I don't have time.
    Arliss Michaels and G4orce like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Doesn't she like Old Spice??
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick351 View Post
    So guess what?? Today in my break, I've got to head over to Parklea and buy up for the trip on the 17th. I have an order for 20 purse size money wallets for the TG's in BKK. We pay about $ 8-10 AUD for them, and the TG's but them for 500 THB. .
    I find this a little funny and also ironic.........most people leave Thailand with a suitcase full of cheap stuff , but you will be taking one in !!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    No wonder money is the gift of choice then ...
    Don't know if gift of choice or "Only" choice after all those superstitions 555

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick351 View Post
    Same here, we bought a fair bit of perfume from the discount warehouse for the TG's back in BKK and Patt's. She had certain orders on brands they wanted, and they payed the price we got them for. Did make a little off it, but was surprised that they did'nt want the copy brands you see on the street in thailand. Tg's think that if bought from OZ, America, UK etc, then it's the real item and willing to pay.

We also had to do the same for handbags, we bought a few from Parklea markets and when she showed them back in Thailand, the girls were just about fighting each other over them to buy them off her.

So guess what?? Today in my break, I've got to head over to Parklea and buy up for the trip on the 17th. I have an order for 20 purse size money wallets for the TG's in BKK. We pay about $ 8-10 AUD for them, and the TG's but them for 500 THB. I haven't received the purfume order yet, but that will come at the last minute when I don't have time.
    On recent trip to East before TG headed home, we did the buy up of gifts, but one of TG's close friends who just had baby, and I had previously got Blackmoores Pregnancy & Breastfeed tablets for and sent over (No I did not buy in person, got one of my staff girls to do then there was rumours flying around town she was pregnant 555), had not asked for any more whilst TG here, and she said will I get for her. My answer was if she wanted she would have contacted you. So we finish buying things, get home, and guess what 5 minutes later she rings asking if we can get. So off we go on another buying trip (this was on last day last afternoon), my icy cold beer in the fridge having to wait another "2" hours before I could attack it

Last edited by Changone; 2nd May 2013 at 11:16.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    The perfume thing is solved if the receiver pays you. The idea is to give 5baht with the perfume and they give the coin back in payment. But don't ask for the $75 it cost because that won't work.
    Also if your TG has bought you a watch, that means "iIt's time" for something. Lets just hope thats not "It's time for get married" What are the odds?...55555
    Finally got some perfume for M W at Changi had to ask if she did not mind this time it was ok.
    I have learned that a surprise gift may give me the big surprise so I have given up on this as it just does not have the desired effect....Little things with a TG that surprise...

Last edited by Changone; 2nd May 2013 at 11:16.
    Sydney, PatongBeachBoy and Spot like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I find this a little funny and also ironic.........most people leave Thailand with a suitcase full of cheap stuff , but you will be taking one in !!
    My next problem is she has taken a liking to Wine. We found a good one she likes (Cask wine), and I have also been thinking of packing it in the suitcase, as you can't buy this at duty free on the way out, so packing it is the only option. Wondering if anyone else has done this?

I know they do sell Cask Wine in Thai, but not the one she has taken a liking too.

At least I have room to take items over, just not sure what would happen if they screen the bags and see a massive block of liquid in the bag.
    Sydney likes this.

I can just see the Thai customs man raising his eyebrow when you tell him its just wine. he will be thinking to himself never seen this done before and will probably try to poor some out........5555555555555

Keeping it boxed and in the middle of your suitcase would be the go........wouldn't want that bladder bursting fro any reason, as the luggage handlers throw around your bags

I have been only stopped once for a bag check after arriving in BKK, but that time I had the normal amount of southern comfort I purchased. Mostly I buy 2 bottles plus other stuff, which would put me over quota, but sailed straight thru.

I have read others being caught, but mostly the chances of them checking foreigners is slim. If they do see multiple duty free bags, I know they stop and check to see if your over the allowed limit. I try and pack away my duty free just before disembarking the airplane in my carry on bag, so not noticable I have excess bottles of stuff.

As with the wine cask, I'm happy to pack in properly in the checked in bag, but more concerned it would be taken out before leaving Sydney. If they xray the bags before loading, I'm sure it would be flagged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast