Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 2 Post By Arliss Michaels

Thread: Refresher required

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Refresher required

With just on 2 weeks to next trip to LOS and meeting all family again, just need a refresher in the do's and don'ts on meeting the family again.

First up it will be meeting sisters and brothers in BKK, then onto the Baan to meet M-I-L and also there will be her Brother In law and wife etc.

I made the point of the first trip when family were bending over backwards to do things for me, to ask them to treat me the same as them, so want to try to keep on that tact, so if the sisters and brothers Wai, which I don't think they need to, what is my response?

To M-I-L it is my obligation to Wai her, as she is my elder (plus MIL) just not sure I do this everytime when we re meet.

Thanks to BM's in advance for keeping me on the tracks.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Forget the formalities be yourself. I have made that many mistakes and now they just joke about it. I tried the formal thing but I just hug MIL. That is me. Dao pulls me up (aside) or MIL pulls me up if I over step the mark too much. You are silly farang. I even rubbed a monk on the head full of jungle juice. I have his mobile number to sort out any issues.

You are different. Try as you might you will not get it correct but they will appreciate the thought. Just pay extra attention to the older people.

Eg Yai my Thai granny. Slip her a few 1 K notes make the top secret (shooshe) motion to your lips. She will understand and appreciate.
    Arliss Michaels likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Cadet silver
    I guess it depends on how laid back the family is. Whilst it's also not really "expected" of me to be too formal, my wife always give's me a subtle nudge when a wai is required etc. I always wai the MIL or whenever I'm being introduced to a new family member, village elder or friend. Usually after we've done it the once when I first arrive there's no need after that....until we leave again

so if the sisters and brothers Wai, which I don't think they need to, what is my response?
    General rule of thumb....if someone wai's you, wai them back. If its an elder or the MIL remember the hand position is higher.

Steve

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Like Jonty said.... just be yourself!

Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    What Toddy said AM, Keep the radr on for Wai from youngsters who might be too frightened to speak. Acknowledge with alow Wai. All seniors you go first and high Wai. Oh and in the supermarket at the nearest big town, give wai to Monks...

I alwys took repesctful notice of everyone and stood, at least, when new people enterred the Bahn.. My Yai guided me.. Coming up in 28 days in Isaan..... s let me find my own feet and ........ most of the time just being me was good for her face....
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Like Jonty said.... just be yourself!

PBB thank god you only showed my lunchtime picture, the midnight one would not have been too tidy 555

Cheeky Basket 555
    Spot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    PBB thank god you only showed my lunchtime picture, the midnight one would not have been too tidy 555

Cheeky Basket 555
    Oh, you mean this one??

Spot likes this.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    nice link...

Oh, you mean this one??

No, this one //

PatongBeachBoy and Cilla like this.

No, this one //

If it was your midnight shot wouldn't you be holding on to the bowl? 555

If it was your midnight shot wouldn't you be holding on to the bowl? 555
    Have to save that one for Spot's In The Midnight Hour thread 555

No, this one //

Is this Jaffa in his new bar...unfortunately, I cannot get that image out of my head from his thread...and not in a good way.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quick Refresher before every trip.............................................. .

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Quick Refresher before every trip.............................................. .

I wish there was a bigger list...no joke this is prob the best way of teaching the lang...although I dont agree with the beautiful "sir-why" huh? should be sue-way or sue-ay where the fuck does sir come from lol?
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    I wish there was a bigger list...no joke this is prob the best way of teaching the lang...although I dont agree with the beautiful "sir-why" huh? should be sue-way or sue-ay where the fuck does sir come from lol?
    kan prakuat nang ngam (gan bpra guat nang(like girls name nung) ngam) for your lady boys you like to get a good reaction. You can try it. Mean like you must have won a beauty competition for ladies.555555555
    yung rai kwa suea

Quote Originally Posted by daohoshi Dao View Post
    kan prakuat nang ngam (gan bpra guat nang(like girls name nung) ngam) for your lady boys you like to get a good reaction. You can try it. Mean like you must have won a beauty competition for ladies.555555555
    i dont have any lbs and i dont associate with them anymore
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite