Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Schooling for TG in Phuket

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Schooling for TG in Phuket

My GF called me today asking if I could have a look on the interent to find somewhere in Phuket she can learn to Read and Write in Thai (YES Thai). She left school early and did can only read and write a very little. She now wants to learn more so she can get another job and to assist with learning English in the future.

Any one know of any places that do this and could help us? any idea of Prices? I understand there are places for Falangs to learn Thai, but may be a little different for a Thai to learn Thai. She is Issan, can speak Lao and Thai but cannot read or write either.

Anmy help would be great.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    It wont be expensive will find out through a friend i know mate. Mrs W friend is doing just that and fwill be able to shed light.
    Will get back to you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Cant help with the Thai in Thailand... but, and I know this is a fair way down the track for you, with PR into Oz she will be given 500hrs for English lessons by the government....

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    It wont be expensive will find out through a friend i know mate. Mrs W friend is doing just that and fwill be able to shed light.
    Will get back to you.
    I did not think it would be too expensive as they tend to look after eachother. That would be great if you could pass it on.
    Thanks to you and Mrs W in advance

Have to go back to tafe (thai equiv) aprox 1000bt per six months one day a week.
    Would prob need to go to Phuket city. same same 500 hours here as PBB says.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Have to go back to tafe (thai equiv) aprox 1000bt per six months one day a week.
    Would prob need to go to Phuket city. same same 500 hours here as PBB says.
    I dont expect her to be in LOS for 6 months, if things go to plan I would want to speand as little time apart as possible. Do you know of any of these Tafe Equiv places in Phuket Town?

Phuket School Directory

This is quite comprehensive mate.

Thanks for that. i did come accross that on Google, 2 schools there that could be of use. I knwo there are private tutoring lessons for english speakers to learn Thai, would they have a similar thing for Thais wanting to learn to read and write in Thai?

I was not aware of the 500 hours of English lessons with PR. That may be handy in the future. The whole marrige thing still scares me a little ATM. Even more the sin soht.....

You need a government tafe equiv or it will be expensive mate.