Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Different Thais?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Different Thais?

Has anybody else noticed suspicion or even dislike between Thais depending on what part of the country they come from?

North being untrusting of South, Never trust someone who comes from xxx, that sort of thing.

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Like why do Farangs like Isaan girls?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    really no different to a girl from Toorak meeting a girl from Frankston...

Or Ipswich...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have noticed my GF seems to think Isaan People are better then the rest of the country. Personally I think Isaan Women are so much better looking but the people up North are a lot nicer.

I must admit, I do like being out and about in BKK in the morning, watching all the Hi-So girls strut there stuff on the way to work

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I must admit, I do like being out and about in BKK in the morning, watching all the Hi-So girls strut there stuff on the way to work
    The real hi-so girls don't have to work! 555

the wannabe Hi-so's then 555

or maybe they're going to get their hair done

Immmmmm TG's in suit and glasses

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Like why do Farangs like Isaan girls?
    One of Mrs M's Thai friends is married to a Thai musician - he was outlining his dream of a live music bar he'd like to own one day, Thais would be welcome but he was planning on catering to the farang market where the real money is.

He had the BKK location, he had the band, he had the idea for the layout and....he even had a friend who could get him bar staff from up in Isaan....since everybody knows the farangs prefer Isaan women over other Thai women.

I pointed out that I did not think that was true - especially since most farangs could not spot the difference between a girl from Buriram over one from Bangkok

Being Thai he was too polite to say what the look on his face said in reply - that I didn't know my ass from my elbow - instead he just shrugged and said, that most of the farang he ever saw in a bar were with an Isaan girl.

I let it go but to me that paradox about "the chicken or the egg and which came first" - is the same question as "why do Farangs like Isaan girls"?

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I have noticed my GF seems to think Isaan People are better then the rest of the country. Personally I think Isaan Women are so much better looking but the people up North are a lot nicer.
    Probably because she is from Isaan - bit like being from South Australia and thinking you are better than anyone from other states?

Personally, I see the tall frames, lighter skin and finer features of the northern Thais as the most attractive women (with the obvious exception of those born in the same area as Mrs M)

Enjoy

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    But Victoria is much better there anywhere else hahaha. I see your point

Each to their own. I love the dark skin, flat nose and cubbier faces of Isaan women 555 Too bad I can't understand a word they say though... all in good time

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    bit like being from South Australia and thinking you are better than anyone from other states?
    That's not true.

We only think we're better than Vics and Queenslanders

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    That's not true.

We only think we're better than Vics and Queenslanders
    Where is South Australia??

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Did you here about the South Aussie in the Pizza shop, when asked if he wanted his Pizza in six or eight slices, "better make it 6 i couldn't eat 8"

Or the SA who was trying to beat the Indian Pacific to the crossing. Hit the 23rd car.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I have a mate who has his lady down on holiday visa the same as i have at the moment . when they get together for cooking its funny to watch . My lady (Tane) looks at me and says ... issan food smell to mutt ! lmao . and is spicy too mutt . i not eat papaya salad every day , maybe sometimes like 2-3 times a month !
    Or sometimes when we meet other thais be it here or thailand , she will turn to me after weve left and say that lady speak Issan not thailand ! You can tell she doesnt want to put her down but ........ lol

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    We were just having a "North Vs South" discussion at work yesterday.
    Exactly the same. Are people from the north or south more up themselves,
    Hiso/Loso, Different food, more or less of this and that.......

Thing was...., we were talking about Italy.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

They used to say that about NZ....Then there is Canadians and Yanks....

I like TGs from all over Thailand... whether from the North and North West or the East, Nor East (Isaan) area. I like Hi So Bangkok girls. I like southern girls. Cute girls are everywhere. Though I do I guess on average prefer lighter skin to darker skin. A lot of Isaan girls have nose jobs... to make them less flat. I like the flat nose... but TGs hate it!

Is there anybody on this board tonight? Or are you all in LOS being spoilt?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast