Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School holiday dates

School holiday dates

What are the school holiday dates in October?

Is it all of October? We're trying to find out so we can book flights/hotels for a trip away for the little un's, but getting them to ask their teacher then relay the info back to us is like getting blood from a stone!
    The schools in the north, if it makes any difference, Nakhon Phanom.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StupScott View Post
    What are the school holiday dates in October?

Is it all of October? We're trying to find out so we can book flights/hotels for a trip away for the little un's, but getting them to ask their teacher then relay the info back to us is like getting blood from a stone!
    just have your wife call the school
    easy enough

different schools have different dates

She's here for a couple of months and doesn't have the phone number for the school.
    It should be easy enough 555
    I know different schools different dates different regions but i was hoping it'd be October for everyone.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Geezuz they moved it? 555

It`s actually in the east and quite a busy little town right on the Mekong......and sorry i don`t know when their holidays are.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

If it's above Bangkok, to me it's North 55

The School Year & Holidays | Thailand

The School Year and Holidays

What to expect from the school day and the school year in Thailand...

Government school times do vary but the school day usually starts at 08:30 when the National Anthem is sung. It ends at around 15:30. International schools may have differing start and finish times depending on the school.

Private international schools each have different dates for the school vacations. However, they are more likely to follow the Western timetable with a five-week holiday in July and August and two weeks for both Christmas and Easter. Contact the school for exact dates.

All Thai state schools follow the same school year but there will be slight variations between individual schools and provinces. Contact the school for exact information.

There are two main holidays in the state-school year:

October: One month starting from around 1 October

March and April: Two months starting approximately at the beginning of March until the end of April

Thai schools close for all national holidays. In general, international schools close for Thai religious holidays, check with the school for exact information.

For further information contact the Ministry of Education:

Ministry of Education
    Tel: 02 281 3441
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

She's here for a couple of months and doesn't have the phone number for the school.
    I know different schools different dates different regions but i was hoping it'd be October for everyone.
    so who brings them to school?
    my MIL deals with my son's school all the time, an adult must deal with their school?

it will definitely be in October and definitely go back the 1st week in November some time so if you book somewhere in the middle 2 weeks than they surely will be out of school. but i think you fine to book anything from after the 1st week of October until end of October
    but what DP posted is not entirely correct, because i've seen different thai schools have different holidays, just slightly by a few days here and there
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 9th July 2013 at 12:35.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    If it's above Bangkok, to me it's North 55
    Ok 555

Do you live out that way? we went through there last month.

I noticed it shares something in common with HH,Pats and Bangkok?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    For a BKK primary school it is 12 October, returning 4 November. However, I wouldn't put money on it being correct. Seems like a State secret!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    The School principal decides what actual dates within a certain period AFAIK.
    They often seem to decide late...

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    The School principal decides what actual dates within a certain period AFAIK.
    They often seem to decide late...
    Ao just said the same thing and confirmed what you said, that it can even change

my stepson just moved to a higher level school(like middle school) and his October break is only one week compared to 3 weeks at the previous school
    he is in a private school but not an international school

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    i would think it should be quiet important to know the phone number of the school where your kids are spending a large part of there day

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    so who brings them to school?
    my MIL deals with my son's school all the time, an adult must deal with their school?
    They stay a stones throw away, so they walk. It's a new school (the next village along) for them, my gf started and settled them in before she came over here for a holiday during the term time, but in her absence her aunt and grandmother are their guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Ok 555

Do you live out that way? we went through there last month.

I noticed it shares something in common with HH,Pats and Bangkok?
    I only holiday there a couple of times a year.... might you be referring to a certain establishment? 555 tbh I've forgot the name and never seen it myself, but a BM on PI did tell me there was one there.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    i would think it should be quiet important to know the phone number of the school where your kids are spending a large part of there day
    thanks for the input! oh no wait, I didn't ask about that. Be sure to take care getting on and off that high horse of yours!

Thanks for the replies folks, seems like it's anyones guess and not worth booking until nearer October when, hopefully, a decision will have been made and confirmed by the school.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    thanks for the input! oh no wait, I didn't ask about that. Be sure to take care getting on and off that high horse of yours!
    not sure why you upset...suppose we just have differant standards..for me i would make sure i had my childs school contact details...and they had mine...just makes sense to me..perhaps not to you...btw its quiet hard to get on that high horse you talk about 5555
    Last edited by meese; 10th July 2013 at 16:00.

Thanks for the replies folks, seems like it's anyones guess and not worth booking until nearer October when, hopefully, a decision will have been made and confirmed by the school.
    As said before - book the 2 middle weeks of October (before everything is booked out?) - it's not rocket science Stup ...

If the kids have to leave early or get back late (very unlikely - it's (sadly) not like they'll miss much !

I am reminded of that slogan - " Do you know where "your" kids are?"

OP you are right re the 'getting blood from a stone'
    I was coaching volleyball at a school and just for my own plans, 'when are the holidays?'. No bloody idea.
    It can be frustrating for teachers too - the mystery of when the school hols will be.
    We have a friend who is head of dept at a 900-pupil gov't school, this year he/pupils all went back on the scheduled day in May, a Thursday, and on the next day all teachers/pupils given a note about 'realignment of school year' from school director and told they had the following week off.
    Nice to be told!
    Chaos for parents who work and needed to arrange childcare, and annoyance for teachers who in many cases had traveled away for the break, only to work 2 days.
    Re taking kids out of school and missing a few days, immediately before the October break all gov't pupils will be required to do their national assessments/tests, a parent would disadvantage their child in missing those days by potentially having to do that whole year again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    OP you are right re the 'getting blood from a stone'
    I was coaching volleyball at a school and just for my own plans, 'when are the holidays?'. No bloody idea.
    It can be frustrating for teachers too - the mystery of when the school hols will be.
    We have a friend who is head of dept at a 900-pupil gov't school, this year he/pupils all went back on the scheduled day in May, a Thursday, and on the next day all teachers/pupils given a note about 'realignment of school year' from school director and told they had the following week off.
    Nice to be told!
    Chaos for parents who work and needed to arrange childcare, and annoyance for teachers who in many cases had traveled away for the break, only to work 2 days.
    Re taking kids out of school and missing a few days, immediately before the October break all gov't pupils will be required to do their national assessments/tests, a parent would disadvantage their child in missing those days by potentially having to do that whole year again.

I wasn't aware of that - I guess neither the teachers or the kid told us that!

I like your coast - where are you?

Oh and WTTB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast