Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honesty

Honesty

Having just spent 2 months in los, and once again, being sometimes amused and sometimes confounded by the casual approach to honesty in several circumstances, I found this article on stickman comforting while not being too critical.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1184.htm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I am still convinced that I am lied to more often by farangs living here than I am by Thais....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Excellent - I like and have learnt from this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I am still convinced that I am lied to more often by farangs living here than I am by Thais....
    I found that to be very true the year we had in Phuket.
    Often the 'friendly farang' is just as likely to be 'on the make' in some way with a financial scheme of some kind that just requires a little more investment.
    Never borrow, never lend.
    Have met very few in the last few years, one of the joys of living where we do; about half I'd categorise as 'avoid forever'.
    The ones that have annoyed me most have been the 'runners' who have lived/rented locally then disappeared leaving overdue rent/elec etc.
    Then get told about it as 'your friend owes money' (and they were not 'my freind') as if there is some kind of farang benevolent society where I should pay their bills.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    I found that to be very true the year we had in Phuket.
    Often the 'friendly farang' is just as likely to be 'on the make' in some way with a financial scheme of some kind that just requires a little more investment.
    Never borrow, never lend.
    Have met very few in the last few years, one of the joys of living where we do; about half I'd categorise as 'avoid forever'.
    The ones that have annoyed me most have been the 'runners' who have lived/rented locally then disappeared leaving overdue rent/elec etc.
    Then get told about it as 'your friend owes money' (and they were not 'my freind') as if there is some kind of farang benevolent society where I should pay their bills.
    Up village way there is a little farang cafe very close by and they do bacon and eggs not to bad and the coffee is not bad.
    An american guy owns it with his TW nice guy and friendly but a few of the other guys that get in there I would avoid there is an Ozzi guy in there that is quick to point out the woe's of local living etc we have all heard it and this is a guy I am not really trying to talk to.....
    I think many Farangs can make up stories about themselves in LOS as who could tell what is the truth....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    LOS has always been a place for people "On the run" from everything from the law, creditors, failed dodgy business deal, to ex wives, child support, you name it.
    You can bet that many of them aren't here for the temples...555
    (Apologies to the Kamala crew and all the "Honest" expats).
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    LOS has always been a place for people "On the run" from everything from the law, creditors, failed dodgy business deal, to ex wives, child support, you name it.
    We have long memories ...

[SIZE="1"]Well, some of us ...[/SIZE]

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    but i think it is pretty easy to spot who is a bull****ter and who is not with farangs in Thailand
    actually that is a big reason, besides the less than perfect surroundings, that i don't like Pattaya
    you just seem to run into a lower class of farang there more than any other area of Thailand
    it is also why i wasn't enamored with Phonm Phen in Cambodia, too many farang riff raff

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    BSers stand out like dogs balls as they think they're smarter than everyone else when the opposite is more likely the truth.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    but i think it is pretty easy to spot who is a bull****ter and who is not with farangs in Thailand
    actually that is a big reason, besides the less than perfect surroundings, that i don't like Pattaya
    you just seem to run into a lower class of farang there more than any other area of Thailand
    it is also why i wasn't enamored with Phonm Phen in Cambodia, too many farang riff raff
    When was the last time you were in Pattaya? Since my first time in 2008 there has been a ton of development. Malls, restaurants and especially GoGos are modern. If it wasn't for the crappy beaches it would blow Patong away.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    When was the last time you were in Pattaya? Since my first time in 2008 there has been a ton of development. Malls, restaurants and especially GoGos are modern. If it wasn't for the crappy beaches it would blow Patong away.
    god, had to be 2006 maybe?
    there were malls and restaurants then
    i just didn't like the people that were around there

plus, even when mongering....i preferred nice places
    that is why i never been to the Philippines, hold no appeal, seems real ****ty

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I would agree Nels....But then Los does seem to attracted a lot of bottom feeders...5555....i tend to find that becouse im on holiday i spend much more time in the bars than i would do at home...so come into much more contact with these guys....and its the old story.. people can be who ever they want to be becouse no one knows them..(a lot like forums)
    like at home there are many level's of farangs that are in Los...the ones i really avoid are the guys sipping leo or what ever is on special...5555

think many Thai tell you what they think you want to hear

^ i like Leo...

^ i like Leo...
    i thought you would...555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    I prefer Heineken, if that counts for anything.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    god, had to be 2006 maybe?
    there were malls and restaurants then
    i just didn't like the people that were around there

plus, even when mongering....i preferred nice places
    that is why i never been to the Philippines, hold no appeal, seems real ****ty
    Im in the middle of a two week stay in Pattaya.
    The hotel right near the beach is as good as any I've stayed in anywhere in the world and only about $65 a night. Fantastic Room service day and night good and cheap food and top service. Just give the laundry to the shop over the road and they do it all quickly and cheaply. I wish I had them in my street back home.

The beach road walking strip has been widened all the way along and is lined with palms for shade a fantastic improvement on the old dingy strip.
    Why oh why haven't they improved the public access to walking street?
    It's the same crazy crush it's always been to get in.

But the streets? Yes dirty and smelly, rats running around and garbage piled up.

Paulie if they cleaned it all up it would be truly great just like the riviera in the south of France but with prices to match.

Last edited by Changone; 6th February 2014 at 14:24.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

But the streets? Yes dirty and smelly, rats running around and garbage piled up.

Paulie if they cleaned it all up it would be truly great just like the riviera in the south of France but with prices to match.

[/COLOR]
    that is a very good point
    i don't need luxurious surroundings
    perfectly happy in a place like Kamala(actually love it there)
    Patong got a bit too hectic for me, to be honest
    unless i amin a major city on holiday, i don't like congestion and Pattaya seems congested to me....a concrete jungle of sorts

if we get back to LOS at some point, we might check out down past Pattaya way to Rayong, so maybe we will check out Pattaya, but don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    I prefer Heineken, if that counts for anything.
    Counts for everything Mike...as long as you dont use a straw 555555555555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    We have long memories ...

[SIZE="1"]Well, some of us ...[/SIZE]
    Zab never gets mad. he gets even. Remote Contol to his motorised cart, runs down an unsuspecting C1 , and oh about 6 innocent bystanders. Jobs done.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

^ 555 I love stuff like that. But I think Baz just got out and forgot to turn it off...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast