Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: The Language Of Romance In Thailand, Thai Love Talk, Part 1

The Language Of Romance In Thailand, Thai Love Talk, Part 1

Dogs barking at airplanes, a social fox, a sweet mouth, many hearts and the navel express. What’s that all about?

These are just a mere snippet of over 900 words and phrases covered in the brilliant book by Kaewmala called ” Thai Love Talk – In Search of Love and Romance.”

If you have a keen interest in Thai language, Thai culture and traditions, then grab a copy of this what ever you do. It’s not your normal guide-book – it’s a view from the inside and a wealth of knowledge.

More to come soon.

The Language of Romance in Thailand: Thai Love Talk, Part 1 | The Life Design Detective

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Good to hear from you giggsy.

Thanks Wabbits, been in transition, traveling around Thailand and back in action. Thanks.

Do tell as I know you will mate.

Kaewmala articles appear on occasion in Bangkok Post; the following diagram was likely on PI 5yrs ago, 2009, but (like The Phantom comics say "for those who just came in") here's an oldie . . .

I presume it was one of a series - note the first panel states: 'an educated middle class man' which rules out many a foreigner in Thailand for starters.

Discuss . . .

A Rough Guide to Finding The Right Thai Woman
    Last edited by Hatari; 3rd April 2014 at 23:07. Reason: oops - fixed link

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Interesting, amusing stereotypes.
    With you as a partner (ignore the farang descriptors) she has a chance of upgrading categories, some more than others.

Interesting and there are truths in there...Love this bad candidate if you are looking for a submissive wife.55555
    Jake the muss..."Cook me some fucken eggs woman".... Just know what the answer would be.55555
    Ain't a submissive bone in my wife god love her.

Some of the book proverbs and idioms she translates are really good. A bit set in the old day's now and of the traditional way, but some are really funny as well.

reading thai on kindle

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    Some of the book proverbs and idioms she translates are really good. A bit set in the old day's now and of the traditional way, but some are really funny as well.
    Yeah Giggsy, I agree with you its a good read and yes I also suspect some of the phrases may be old fashion, but they may hint to to related more current and/or localised variations. They may still get a laugh if used by a foreigner, even if a local would appear a bit antiquated for using them... Reminds me of Keven Rudd's silly use of outdated slang , e.g. "fair shake of the sauce bottle.".. I hope these thai phrases are not so antiquated, only find out by using them....still its a good read, thanks for the link

The annoying thing for me is that I purchased the e-book on Amazon and am reading it with a kindle, which won't read thai script, which is in unicode format. I have had this problems with other books too that have both English and Thai script. Apparently you can convert kindle's EPUB format to pdf and that may allow you to read the unicode thai characters. There is a way to access your purchased items on a computer by going into my account at amazon but its oh so clumsy...I am not interested in stuffing around with that. Maybe if i download the android app for amazon books and read stuff on my smart phone it will work.... its a shame because I use this very large size kindle 14cm x 20cm screen which is so easy on the eyes.... the kindle screen technology is so cool as is the whispernet connection to amazon for purchase and downloading.

Anyway I like the book . Its part one of how many parts... has she written the other parts yet......She would be an interesting gal to meet.
    Last edited by BangkokSteve; 6th April 2014 at 18:11. Reason: bad link
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Well put BangkokSteve. I purchased the book as a paperback so have not had the problems you refer to, but I can well imagine.