Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: which hotel near Soi Cowboy please

Tez

which hotel near Soi Cowboy please

Hi all
    I havent been on the the forum for a while as I have extremely limited internet access at the moment .

However my question is

Going to be in Bangkok for a couple of nights and i want to visit soi cowboy so a suggestion on a reasonable hotel within walking distance would be good please?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Presume you want a girl friendly hotel? There are a few good choices listed here all with varying prices.

Clicky

Not sure how much you are looking to spend but Admiral Suites and S Sukhumvit Suites are worth a look. Grande Centre point is literally above Terminal 21 and you can often find rooms for under 3k a night.

I've stayed at BB Boutique Mansion a few times. Rooms are very nice, clean, modern and it's around a 5-7 min walk to cowboy. It was around 1200 bhat a night in high season previously so good value for money.

BB Boutique Mansion Bangkok, Thailand: Agoda.com

Tez
    Up to $70 should cover it and thanks for the suggestions Would you taxi from the airport or is there a better way.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Hey Tez,

Look at The Dawin on soi 4. I always book through Agoda. So just google "Dawin Bangkok Agoda".

I've stayed there a couple of times now. Excellent hotel. You'll be able to find a great room right in the middle of the action for around 60-70 bucks. Walking distance to Nana Plaza and short ride away to Cowboy.

Let me know how you go.
    Last edited by Bacon; 19th August 2014 at 23:10.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Up to $70 should cover it and thanks for the suggestions Would you taxi from the airport or is there a better way.
    Are you coming from Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi airport? If the former then taxi. If the latter you could take a taxi although the cheaper (but not exhausting) option would be to get the airport link to Phaya Thai or Makasan and then get a taxi to Asoke area/Sukhumvit. Traffic can sometimes be a pain so be sure to factor that in. If taking the airport link make sure you get the fast one. I think there is a slower service that stops at more places. You could even change to the BTS at Phaya Thai and go all the way to Asoke.

I'm not sure when you are going but S Sukhumvit Suites has rooms for around 56 AUD for this week. The hotel is also pissing distance from one of the Asoke BTS entrances.
    Last edited by supersub; 19th August 2014 at 23:29.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    It takes me 45 min to get from BKK Airport to my hotel which is right next to Nana BTS (On8) using Airport Link and Skytrain, Asok is one stop further on.

^^ Took me almost 90 mins from Swampy to Nana by taxi a few years ago. Some days it can be good. Airport link is the best option imo. It's a shame there is no airport link connection at Don Muang or at least some mechanism to get you onto the BTS/MRT.

^ Last trip I got the Express Bus to Mo Chit BTS from Don Muang Airport when I flew in from Khon Kaen, easy as and cost 10 Bt!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I stayed at the Mermaid Hotel on Soi 29 a few months ago, a short walk to Cowboy, impressive hotel and good value for money.......... Hotel Mermaid Bangkok
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Just before my return flight I've got half a day in BKK and will stay at Asoke Suites, right on the BTS line near Asok Junction, great location (close to Cowboy & Soi 16 which I like as well), rooms are a little small for a long stay but have been meaning to check it out for a while now (1350 Bt, have stayed at Darjeeling in the past when I've done this before).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    We stayed at the Citidines Hotel Soi 23, right down the street from Soi Cowboy and a really nice area to stay
    Mate likes this.

I second Citadines. I tend to stay there no matter where I am on the Suk... but Soi 23 Citadines is 2 mins walk from Soi Cowboy...
    Mate likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Tez
    Thanks for the replies I am comeing from Don M Should be there on the 28th Got a good group of hotels to choose from . Cheers

^ I recon. you should stay near Nana/Soi 4 personnally, Cowboy seems to be on a downer atm, Nana is ascendant.

Citadines is a great choice

Have you been to Bangkok before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Have you been to Bangkok before?
    I don't think he has.

If not then trip report please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ I recon. you should stay near Nana/Soi 4 personnally, Cowboy seems to be on a downer atm, Nana is ascendant.
    I would say Cowboy still has the better share of hands on bars. Places like Afterschool, Suzy Wongs, Crazy House ect... Plus there are lots of smaller bars for afternoon action around that area. Shagbar and the one with the pool table that that Love boat restaurant with the ship theme.

TBH It doesn't really matter where you stay as both are not far from each other. But i think Cowboy has better places to eat in the near vicinity plus of course Terminal 21.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I would say Cowboy still has the better share of hands on bars. Places like Afterschool, Suzy Wongs, Crazy House ect... Plus there are lots of smaller bars for afternoon action around that area. Shagbar and the one with the pool table that that Love boat restaurant with the ship theme.

TBH It doesn't really matter where you stay as both are not far from each other. But i think Cowboy has better places to eat in the near vicinity plus of course Terminal 21.
    Less fucking Saudis too. 555

I personally like Soi 4, but I might give Cowboy a crack next time I'm in BKK.

Soi 4 is great, but sometimes you don't want the sleaze right on your doorstep. Plus last time I stayed on soi 4 (omni tower) I brought a few non p4p girls back to the hotel so it was a bit wierd walking them past nana.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast