Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Whats happened to Learningthai.com?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Whats happened to Learningthai.com?

Had a look at learningthai.com and it has all changed around... I dont like it, I know its 5am here in Australia but I really dont like what i see on the new site. Doesn't have all the features it used to have and honestly not as easy to use. This site seems more based round learning the read/write Thai rather then speaking it...... It may just be because I am at work ATM but you can't hear them speak the words any more, it did used to work at my work befroe the upgrade

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Gor, the creator of the site, young guy, is in jail for possession.

He writes a diary and posts it. He is used by the authorities to interpret for them, so is allowed a computer access.

I think I read about it on Wabbits post on not risking drugs in Thailand. It was on the same newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Gor, the creator of the site, young guy, is in jail for possession.

He writes a diary and posts it. He is used by the authorities to interpret for them, so is allowed a computer access.

I think I read about it on Wabbits post on not risking drugs in Thailand. It was on the same newspaper.
    Yeah I knew he was in Jail, so thats why i thought it was strange to change around as i did not think he could work on it, But I guess what you are saying makes sense, as I can imagine you would have a lot of spare time in Jail on possession charges in Thailand...

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I just posted a message on their message board asking that very question G4. If you want to respond, the link is Why the drastic change to the Learning Thai website?? tho you will have to register before you are able to respond. If enough people ask for the old format back, they may reinstate it.

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I just posted a message on their message board asking that very question G4. If you want to respond, the link is Why the drastic change to the Learning Thai website?? tho you will have to register before you are able to respond. If enough people ask for the old format back, they may reinstate it.
    Registering as we speak. I hope they can either change it back or modify it to be similar to the old format at least...

Ok so we got a reply from the starter of the forum and i believe he must also have a lot to do with the now now..

Thanks for your comments. We had no choice with this sudden change. It has meant starting from scratch and it will be hard work for us. But, we are determined to bring back as much of the original content as we can and as quickly as we can. Please let us know if there was any section in particular that you missed the most and we will try and bring this back sooner rather than later.
    Must have something to do with copyright as the creator is locked up... Just my thoughts

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Very nice! Sounds like all the good stuff is coming back. I'd want to see the Romantic coversation, Practical Conversation, and some of the specialized sections like restaurants and riding busses, taxis,etc come back. Can't remember what their official names were tho for those sections.