Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Minder
  • 1 Post By Minder
  • 1 Post By Annie
  • 2 Post By Minder

Thread: Minder is in London.....is anyone else?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Minder is in London.....is anyone else?

Greetings from the grubby heart of the old dart - I don't know what exactly Mrs M and I expected to find here in London town - sure the weather is lousy but that was a given - so strange to see people lying on the grass "sunbathing" on such cloudy days but it is their summer.

No, what is surprising is the tension and anger in the air that is not directed at anyone in particular - it is like being in a place where everyone has had enough, had a gutful and wants out of it. You don't so much feel in danger as you do that the people near you will explode if one more thing goes wrong - they would probably then apologise for their outburst but ....

Did someone say there were riots here a week ago - we are not surprised.

Enjoy

Thiis is me in London.JPG
    Last edited by Minder; 19th August 2011 at 01:14.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Maybe head down to Brighton (Wooders lives there!) or come down South. Maybe will feel less tense, bit more chilled out!! But yeah still cloudy....

Sorry to read this post Minder, sure hope things lighten up for you both.
    Annie

Get out of London Minder! I can only stand the place for a day or two at most...

What brings you here? The summer?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

The culture, the beer, Us ???? Or maybe he come to see queen!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Never the queen plenty of queens here.5555

Lucky mrs M is a girl her aim is not so good.5555555555

I like the pic but.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    The funniest thing about the old dart is that you will usually find an Aussie behind the bar.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Allo Guvnor...why not just jump on the Eurostar and see gai Paree..luvlee flahhs an all that....???
    Hoots Mon, go tae Edinburgh, (Get the first class train see the England from the window) lovely friendly toon with a wee dram...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Well everyone, today and tomorrow we should have sunshine. Hopefully Mr. & Mrs. M will start to feel some true British warmth.
    Lets hope things look up for you both, have fun.
    Btw I liked your pic, the sky looks lovely

Well everyone, today and tomorrow we should have sunshine. Hopefully Mr. & Mrs. M will start to feel some true British warmth.
    Lets hope things look up for you both, have fun.
    Btw I liked your pic, the sky looks lovely
    Tell me about it.....I actually got sunburnt riding around on the Big Bus seeing all the tourist sites on those days......I had packed "layers" for the weather....undershirt, shirt, pullover, coat....and spent two days wearing a "wife beater" singlet.

We stayed a week in London at County Hall near the London eye and then took the train down to Plymouth to stay with Mrs M's best-friend-when-we-met and her English hubby - had a great time in Plymouth....

After that it was the Eurorail and the Chunnel and a couple of days in Paree, then a flight back to KL and on to BKK.....it is now after midnight and I am still fighting off the time-change and jet-lag issues.....wide awake at the moment....I'll post some more pics and a fuller TR soon.

We nearly did not take the trip - I now define irony as "having to convince your thai in-laws that London is at least as safe a Bangkok"

Oh before I forget this one - our friend's hubby in Plymouth took us for a drive over to Dartmoor to see the famous prison and the open spaces of the 'Moors' - the day was nearly over when Mrs M asked when we would get to the shops - when our English host had been saying "moor" she had been hearing "mall" and had been looking forward to shopping at the famous "Dart Mall"......

Enjoy
    Mrs M. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Tell me about it.....I actually got sunburnt riding around on the Big Bus seeing all the tourist sites on those days......I had packed "layers" for the weather....undershirt, shirt, pullover, coat....and spent two days wearing a "wife beater" singlet.

We stayed a week in London at County Hall near the London eye and then took the train down to Plymouth to stay with Mrs M's best-friend-when-we-met and her English hubby - had a great time in Plymouth....

After that it was the Eurorail and the Chunnel and a couple of days in Paree, then a flight back to KL and on to BKK.....it is now after midnight and I am still fighting off the time-change and jet-lag issues.....wide awake at the moment....I'll post some more pics and a fuller TR soon.

We nearly did not take the trip - I now define irony as "having to convince your thai in-laws that London is at least as safe a Bangkok"

Oh before I forget this one - our friend's hubby in Plymouth took us for a drive over to Dartmoor to see the famous prison and the open spaces of the 'Moors' - the day was nearly over when Mrs M asked when we would get to the shops - when our English host had been saying "moor" she had been hearing "mall" and had been looking forward to shopping at the famous "Dart Mall"......

Enjoy
    You couldn't convince me that London is anywhere near as safe as Bangkok...

Glad you enjoyed your stay....
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

We had a great time.....but certainly an eye opener to.....the economic downturn is little more than a phrase in Perth....in Plymouth you see the dozen or so closed shops in the CBD (Woolworths was the real shock) and that every other shop is having a closing down sale and the only busy business is Cash Converters or the Charity shop....ouch!

London 2011 060a.JPG
    Quarky likes this.

The Hoe and The Barbican was well worth a visit, did you get to see??? I do hope the weather was kind to you and you enjoyed your visit down South.
    Last edited by Annie; 14th September 2011 at 02:42.
    Quarky likes this.

The Hoe and The Barbican was well worth a visit, did you get to see??? I do hope the weather was kind to you and you enjoyed your visit down South.
    LOL same as most tourists I think we saw more than some locals ever do.....our friend has a friend who has a restaurant in the Barbican area (his cousins seem to own half the restaurants in Plymouth )

Weather was kind to us most days....a small taste of what was to come toward the end of our stay....

We loved the view from the Hoe.....

Plymouth Hoe Day7 103a.jpg
    wabbits and Rivo like this.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Get out of London Minder! I can only stand the place for a day or two at most...

What brings you here? The summer?
    [/QUOTE]

No to both .... he heard there was a really good Soapy in Piccadilly so ......
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

Enjoy
    huh, keep laughing while you can... smarty pants...^_^