The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Thai Dreamers in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    See...Marry her........55
    I’ve decided to extend my stay by 30 days. Had to go to the immigration at Chaeng Watthana. I’ve never done this before and I thought I’d be there all day sorting things out but it was quick and straight forward really. 2 hours max I’d say. Hoping to go to CM next week for a few days and then move on from there. They gave me until 28 Dec which confused me because today is 21st Nov. My original stamp is for 28Nov so maybe it counts from that date and not today. Anyway , only a small matter of changing my flight dates if possible.
    PeteGill, OZZYGUY and Stillearly like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I’ve decided to extend my stay by 30 days. Had to go to the immigration at Chaeng Watthana. I’ve never done this before and I thought I’d be there all day sorting things out but it was quick and straight forward really. 2 hours max I’d say. Hoping to go to CM next week for a few days and then move on from there. They gave me until 28 Dec which confused me because today is 21st Nov. My original stamp is for 28Nov so maybe it counts from that date and not today. Anyway , only a small matter of changing my flight dates if possible.
    yep...that's the way it works..it is a one month extension from current visa/leave to stay expiration date...it can be applied for any time before that date...in effect giving you a two month stay on a one month entry/visa
    Rockitt and Ian Forbes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    yep...that's the way it works..it is a one month extension from current visa/leave to stay expiration date...it can be applied for any time before that date...in effect giving you a two month stay on a one month entry/visa
    Ah that’s great. Well worth doing if you have the spare time. One little headache though, my travel insurance only gives me 42 days cover so I need to look for some cover for the extra time.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Ah that’s great. Well worth doing if you have the spare time. One little headache though, my travel insurance only gives me 42 days cover so I need to look for some cover for the extra time.
    Just moved my cover to Aviva , you get 100 days cover for each trip

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Ive decided to extend my stay by 30 days. Had to go to the immigration at Chaeng Watthana. Ive never done this before and I thought Id be there all day sorting things out but it was quick and straight forward really. 2 hours max Id say. Hoping to go to CM next week for a few days and then move on from there. They gave me until 28 Dec which confused me because today is 21st Nov. My original stamp is for 28Nov so maybe it counts from that date and not today. Anyway , only a small matter of changing my flight dates if possible.
    I will be in Chiang mai Saturday evening, shoot me a message when you get in town. Ian Forbes will possibly be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Just moved my cover to Aviva , you get 100 days cover for each trip
    That’s good. 42 days seems to be the most common for over 60’s. I contacted Direct line to explain since extending my visa I would need more cover but they said you cannot extend if you have already traveled. Online there are companies that offer cover if you have already traveled so maybe I need to look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I will be in Chiang mai Saturday evening, shoot me a message when you get in town. Ian Forbes will possibly be around.

Will do. Probably coming north Sunday or Monday.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

It was good to meet up with Ash and Ian at the Downunder bar In Chiangmai the other night. Those guys certainly know all about CM and they gave me lots of valuable info. Thanks to you both.
    PeteGill likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    It was good to meet up with Ash and Ian at the Downunder bar In Chiangmai the other night. Those guys certainly know all about CM and they gave me lots of valuable info. Thanks to you both.
    I'm still open if you want to share a trip, Phil. I hope you seeing what perks your interest.
    Rockitt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I'm still open if you want to share a trip, Phil. I hope you seeing what perks your interest.
    Thanks Ian. I did the lakeside lunch that Ash suggested and today I did the four hour round trip by rail though the jungle. Excellent trip and only 46 bht. Full day tomorrow in CM then back to Pattaya for a couple.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Thanks Ian. I did the lakeside lunch that Ash suggested and today I did the four hour round trip by rail though the jungle. Excellent trip and only 46 bht. Full day tomorrow in CM then back to Pattaya for a couple.
    Sounds like you enjoyed your mini-trip. Stay longer next time.
    Rockitt likes this.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233