Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy

Thread: Spontaneous change of mind

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Spontaneous change of mind

So I had a perfectly good holiday planned 2 nights in Soi 11 in Bangkok for the submission of Noy's Tourist Visa followed by 3 nights at Noy's sisters house and then 6 nights is Patong.

Due to One Particular situation we are not going to Phuket at all any more but rather going up North to see Chiang Mai. I am excited but let down at the same time. I love the Nightlife and atmosphere of Patong and was looking forward to a good few big nights out a some of my favourite bars. In saying that I have been wanting to get back to CM for a long time and am excited to be able to get there so soon.

As this was a sudden change of destination I have not had any time to look into what I am going to do while there. I know a few people have been very recently and I was wondering if you could pass on some "Must Do's". I am thinking I will try and talk Noy into the Flight of the Gibbon as that was siomethign I wanted to do, I can see a good few nights at 69 Bar (Jaffaman but the beers on ice) and would not mind to venture out on a Bike. I will be staying at Raming again as we were both very happy there in Feb this year.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I hear the Hospital is good!!! 55555....
    Rivo likes this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I hear the Hospital is good!!! 55555....
    You have a few to choose from G4orce 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

If you are renting a bike G4orce go and do that ride over the dam I wrote about in the CM section, you and the missus will luv it, one of the best day rides I have had(on a bike that is 555)

If you are after a scooter, try the Honda PCX, easy to ride and comfortable.

If its wet hire a car and do the The Mae Hong Son Loop for a few days, through Pai etc.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Can't remember if you did the Doi Intanon tour last time G4. It is well worth a visit, especially if you can stop by some of the great waterfalls, which should really be roaring at this time of the year, with all the rain they've been having.

Khantoke Dinner was a nice quiet evening out, but might be a little slow paced for you. Nui really enjoyed it tho, as they do a lot of different Thai traditional and folk dances, and the food is non-stop, as they keep your khantoke (the little round circle table) constantly full.

For a stroll, there is a foodbridge over the Ping River, just to the north east of Loi Kroh Road, and just on the west side of that is a very large market district that is open all day and has a lot of everything, not just the usual array of the trinkets and t-shirts you see in the Night Market in booth after booth. On the east side of the footbridge is a really beautiful wat that Noy might enjoy visiting, and just south of the footbridge, if you follow the road, you come to the Good View and the Riverside restaurants, where the eating is good, and at night they have live music. A bit further down the same road .. about a 10 minute walk ... you come to the The Dukes, which reputedly has the best steaks in Chiang Mai. Its a bit more expensive then the usual in CM, but well worth it for one night. BTW, Nui got the barbaque ribs there, and just loved them, which was very unusual for her to enjoy farang food. She almost licked the plate clean! 555

BTW, if you want, give me a pm and I'll give you the contact info for Sasi at Sabai Tours ... she was excellent, and can set up the Doi Intanon Tour if you wanted to do it privately, and you could even request Coco as a guide. Nui and Coco really hit it off on the trip, and she has great English as well, plus a good sense of humor.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    What to do around Chiang Mai?

Hmmm!

Samoeng Loop
    Mae Hong Son Loop.
    Chiang Dao, Thaton (amazing temple on the hill, go at sunset), Doi Mae Salong (Say hi to Mee and Ton at Sweet Mae Salong Cafe), Doi Tung, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle, Chiang Kong, Phu Chi Fah, Phayao.

Around Chiang Mai/ Mae Rim.
    Bungy jumping, tigers, monkeys, crocodiles (not sure if it's open yet), go carts, elephants, zip lining., orchids, snakes.

Lunch at Mae Ngat dam
    Lunch at Sala cafe, Mae Rim.

Vanguy mentioned waterfalls. I was at Watchirathan a couple of weeks ago and it was CRANKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    What to do around Chiang Mai?

Hmmm!

Samoeng Loop
    Mae Hong Son Loop.
    Chiang Dao, Thaton (amazing temple on the hill, go at sunset), Doi Mae Salong (Say hi to Mee and Ton at Sweet Mae Salong Cafe), Doi Tung, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle, Chiang Kong, Phu Chi Fah, Phayao.

Around Chiang Mai/ Mae Rim.
    Bungy jumping, tigers, monkeys, crocodiles (not sure if it's open yet), go carts, elephants, zip lining., orchids, snakes.

Lunch at Mae Ngat dam
    Lunch at Sala cafe, Mae Rim.

Vanguy mentioned waterfalls. I was at Watchirathan a couple of weeks ago and it was CRANKING!
    No shortage of water around atm.... lol.

Having 'been there done that', I often find it's nice to simply head out of town and explore.... you can often find absolutely superb restaurants, scenery and other stuff that's way off the tourist map. Chiang Mai may become our next home... mid next year.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Chiang Mai may become our next home... mid next year.
    Oh FFS. I was thinking of moving there in the next few years. It's gonna get a bit crowded. Maybe I'll move to Phuket. Won't be anyone left there.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Ouch !!! thats a gotchya KR !!! 555

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    Oh FFS. I was thinking of moving there in the next few years. It's gonna get a bit crowded. Maybe I'll move to Phuket. Won't be anyone left there.
    Chiang Mai is a place I could quite easily call my second home as well 5555