Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Are You Thinking Of Moving To Thailand

Are You Thinking Of Moving To Thailand

So you want to spend more time in Thailand and there is no doubt that Thailand is a fantastic country to spend longer periods of time in. There are so many things to love about Thailand from the delicious food, sunny days, beautiful beaches, the Thai people and culture, the laid back way of life and many more things.

However like most things the project needs a certain amount of planning and experimenting in order for you to design your ideal situation. Staying how long and in what part of Thailand is your ideal situation?

Are You Thinking Of Moving To Thailand engagingthailandtips Blog

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Very good topic Giggsy, plenty here at TD thinking or looking down this track I am sure
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Thanks Arliss, The topic is going to be a main feature for me now. I am trying to turn the whole plot towards life design and of course
    engaging Thailand, with the feature very much on design. Cheers Arliss

Thanks giggsy...looking forward to answering all of those questions!
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Thanks Nam Tan Mot I am working on a few interviews regarding this subject and hope to get as much information as I can. Will keep you all posted if you will pardon the pun.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Well - after I found the TG I loved I just up and left "home" and made it work in LOS.
    Still going well 3 years+ later.
    Sometimes you can tink too mutt!

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    For me, the big question is how do I accomplish spending more time in Thailand before I reach retirement age? I am 57 now, and I do not reach retirement age until 65 in Canada, and have no shot at a full pension if I leave early. Yet my goal is to be able to spend 6 months of the year in Thailand before my 60th birthday. To do that, I have to develop a new income stream to supplement what would be a partial pension. Doing a lot of homework in that area, but so far nothing that would come close to replacing what I am making now. Then I tell myself, is it worth losing my full pension just to get over there 5 years sooner?

So thanks for posting this thread, giggsy, keeps me thinking along those same lines, and gives me some additional questions to ask myself.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Thanks Zablive and full credit to you. It would be great to know what life is like for you in Thailand and how you spend your time, but toy do have a point about too much thinking as well, as the Thais say.

Thanks Vanguy, I intend to do a lot more with this subject and also aim to explore other income channels of people who spend different periods of time in Thailand. The thing I was getting at is everybody has different plans and circumstances so I was trying to look at different time stays. I was planning to look at those that stay fulltime like Zablive or the 6 months stayers, 3 months stayers or even them that have several one month stays. I am looking more in to it to cover the wider spectrum and will be in Thailand during Jan and Feb of 2012 collecting information. I will keep you all posted. Thanks Vanguy.