Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Tips For Adjusting To Life In Thailand

Tips For Adjusting To Life In Thailand

Adjusting to a new life in Thailand. What does it take? Here are a few tips from my recent interview/chat with Valerie Wond an English teacher from London, England that lives in Thailand. The subjects we touched on were....

1) Tips for new arrivals
    2) Money saving tips
    3) The cost of living
    4) Tips for forming good relationships
    5) Common Misunderstandings
    6) A superb book

Tips For Adjusting To Life In Thailand engagingthailandtips Blog

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Hmmmm - maybe of interest to newbies but for expats - "nothing new here - move along".

It was a bit like "Trevor" was interviewing himself in the Third person.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Hmmmm - maybe of interest to newbies but for expats - "nothing new here - move along".

It was a bit like "Trevor" was interviewing himself in the Third person.
    Tend to agree, zaB. Tho "always smile no matter what the problem, learn a few essential Thai words or phrases, and lastly, but most importantly respect the King" should be noted by all, expats and newbies alike!
    A '90-day reportee' ahead of me yesterday failed to observe this courtesy and was told to come back after kinkao, make duplicate copies of ALL that he already had, and pay 2k Bt fine ... because argued with the Immi officer about being 3 days late and used the F-word repeatedly. I had only just taken my 'number' prior to lunch, and upon returning at 1pm I was served, with courtesy, whilst MrF-word waited, and waited.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

This was actually tips for newbies from someone who has lived in the kingdom of Thailand a long time. It's all about people, their stories and experiences. Besides reminders are good from time to time, it's how we learn. When I recall things from my experiences I add them if I think it might reiterate a point. The tips are purely the experiences that someone feels are a relevant point of Thai life.

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    This was actually tips for newbies from someone who has lived in the kingdom of Thailand a long time. It's all about people, their stories and experiences. Besides reminders are good from time to time, it's how we learn. When I recall things from my experiences I add them if I think it might reiterate a point. The tips are purely the experiences that someone feels are a relevant point of Thai life.
    Then, as "Trevor" dominated the dialogue, expressing his opinions at greater length than the interviewee, Val, perhaps it should have been published in the First person?
    Sorry if I offend - just my opinion.
    If I have something to "opine" I do it - no literary devices necessary 555!

Well it's all about opinions. I go by the private e-mails I get from the blog followers who tend to like the interactions and chats I have with guests, whether I dominate the dialogue as you say or not. I will take on board your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    Well it's all about opinions. I go by the private e-mails I get from the blog followers who tend to like the interactions and chats I have with guests, whether I dominate the dialogue as you say or not. I will take on board your comments.
    Sorry - I had no idea you were "Trevor"...

However I also live here and I am an inquisitor of "The human condition"

There are many different Thailands we live in - even in the same "Village".