Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noi & Damo in LOS in March!!!!! :)

Noi & Damo in LOS in March!!!!! :)

Be going on the 1st. spent 10 days in Ubon and 11 days in Phuket/Khao Lak/Krabi
    We are doing a thai style wedding reception, @Smile Smile - Ubon Ratchathani City (Restaurants - Thai), Mueang Ubon Ratchathani, Ubon Ratchathani, with telephone number, address and map

Then heading over to krabi Klong Mueang Beach(near Princesses residence) restaurant of choice there is Rueam Siam, do day trip to phi phi.

from there ferry over to Chalong pier and a ride up to Patong, where Noi will do her OW dive ticket with Aussie divers Phuket. restaurant of choice "Tom Sab" on rat u tit, the mower shop on the southern end beach side of the soi.

then up to Khao Lak for some live aboard/day trip diving simillians areas.

21 days action packed.

We don't know to much about Khao Lak so any advise is greatly appreciated.

WooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOO!
    Damo

We'll be in Ubon March 12th... day after you leave?

Chob knows Khao Lak pretty well. It's a very pretty area but I've only ever driven thru on way to Ranong.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Will you still be there in April?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Khao Lak is ok,beach not as good as the better ones on Phuket and it`s very quiet at night.

Seems to be very popular with Scandie/Euro families and couples.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Khao Lak is ok,beach not as good as the better ones on Phuket and it`s very quiet at night.

Seems to be very popular with Scandie/Euro families and couples.
    Being a non-partyboy ginger meggs myself- I should fit in well
    Doing my AOW ticket last time in phuket with a swede called Lars, was a great buddy to dive with.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Will you still be there in April?
    No mate, I'll be back on the grindstone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    We'll be in Ubon March 12th... day after you leave?

Chob knows Khao Lak pretty well. It's a very pretty area but I've only ever driven thru on way to Ranong.
    Yes, Chob has recommend a nice Bungalow establishment, but we need some restaurant names to work with, I rather eat chips and chocolate then end up with Bali belly- at the end of the day where the competition is thickest is where the best will be.
    I will be flying out on the 21st of march, arrival is the 1st of march.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    I am intrigued Damo about the diving part......has Noi always being into diving ? or has being a swimmer since you meet her ? sorry to be nosey but whenever i hear TG and water together for some reason i get interested
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Have fun then!

I found a 'Business map of Khao Lak' by googling those words.
    The Nang Tong Shop on the corner ( marked with a red box) opposite The Bus Stop
    should be used for all your take away needs , particularly Aus wines , cheeses and imported
    foods.
    Next to the Bus Stop is marked 'Bank' and next to it is the restaurant I rec.
    Its very clean and has great Thai and Falang food.
    PT pizza was ok to.
    Note , I prefer Nang Thong beach to Khao Lak Beach which is extremely quiet for shops etc.

Make sure you travel about 4-5kms north to see this....

Tsunami Police Boat Memorial - Khao Lak - Phang Nga Province - Thailand for Visitors

There is a great market opposite it , check what afternoons it is on with reception and see at the same time.

THeres a couple of good look outs and a nice bush walk in the handy national park also.
    Enquire when there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I am intrigued Damo about the diving part......has Noi always being into diving ? or has being a swimmer since you meet her ? sorry to be nosey but whenever i hear TG and water together for some reason i get interested
    Yes Sid she could swim before I meet her.
    I put her on a regulator in my folks pool and she was into it; so I taught her how to skindive and she is doing her PADI OW with a thai woman instructor in patong- "aussie divers phuket". She's a smart lady so I have a lot of confidence she pass the ticket, I also have a 63YO. friend(farang) doing his OW ticket.
    They both have watched me dive 100's of time and seen my pictures so they are keen. Diving is growing again.
    Diving you need to be comfortable in the water, she is almost at that stage, few more skindives at flinders reef off Moreton Island and she'll be all good. scuba is easier then skindiving but its also more dangerous so I'll watch her like a hawk. I have mult-tickets and over 500dives logged and lots more unlogged.
    baby steps is the way to get them into it.
    cheers
    Damo

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    THeres a couple of good look outs and a nice bush walk in the handy national park also.
    Enquire when there.
    Yes, we will look about the place, probably hire a 4x4 to go bush too, isuzu pickup. But it's all diving and eating for me!!!!!
    Thanks for your help Chob.

No worries.

You may want to take a drive up to a beautiful lake at Kao Sak ( or Sok) if you have the car.
    I cant be that far...

KHAO SOK National Park,Thailand.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Thats such a great thing to be teaching Noi, i figure she will be hooked once she has completed her 1st dive....hope you can post a pic one day of this underwayer TG..555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    The Shire pie shop opposite the Police boat memorial might interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Thats such a great thing to be teaching Noi, i figure she will be hooked once she has completed her 1st dive....hope you can post a pic one day of this underwayer TG..555
    I found the people who think divings difficult, and struggle a little till they clock up 30 dives, tend to be the stick with it types. Over eagerness isn't a desired ingredient in diving. Noi, her mothers side is name Sae-Tang, so shes 1/2 sino-thai 172cm. If she was pure Thai the ladyboy alarm would be ringing ages ago. But all her bones and blood make the right noises. She has a drive that most Thai chicks don't have, she appreciates a little cohesion to novitiate her too, without being aN out and out gaslight effort. She is very good at somethings that require a good brain and I let her know I am impressed, garishly and after the event in a more subtle manner as well.

I know I am lucky to be sharing life with her.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    The Shire pie shop opposite the Police boat memorial might interest you.
    Is it buffalo or something scarey???? .......Imaging a green curry pie using wagyu chuck.....hmmmmm yummmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    No worries.

You may want to take a drive up to a beautiful lake at Kao Sak ( or Sok) if you have the car.
    I cant be that far...

KHAO SOK National Park,Thailand.
    Thanks for you efforts Chob, I have some plan together now......I feel sorry for those that go on a travel agent tour!
    Cheer mate!

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    Thanks for you efforts Chob, I have some plan together now......I feel sorry for those that go on a travel agent tour!
    Cheer mate!
    Khao Sok is worth the effort, stunningly beautiful scenery - especially early morning, late afternoon. Some valleys look like the Lost World or Jurassic Park scenes and if lucky, as we were, elephants might be grazing in bush alongside the road.

Damon, we'll be in Ubon R. March 6th, (not 12th) all day.... are you staying in or near the city? Jo's baan is 75k's north, toward Yasothon.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Yes Rob, we will be there on the 6th, can you Pm your Mob. and will go do lunch together, hows that sound? Som tam on the Mun river??? I am a real foodie!

We won't have a contact number until we arrive in Los.
    non"
    We leave Ubon on the 7th, leave Phuket for Australia on the 21st!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast