Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: There soon...

  1. #1
    Cadet Gold dlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gosford
    Posts
    482

    There soon...

    There soon with a few mates and can't bloody wait!

    In to HKT at 7.25am on the 24th of August, will stay in Patong.
    Patong to Samui on the 27th, my mate is keen to stay in Chawang not Lamai.
    31st we will go to Koh Tao until the 3rd of September.
    From there I will most likely spend the night of the 3rd back in Samui and head back to HKT on the 4th until we fly out on the 7th.

    As I will miss the Tuesday night outing on both weeks I will try to get to Kamala to catch up with a few of you for a feed and a drink.... what night is the badge draw at the Aussie as I want to be there when Chob wins again and shouts, only time I ever thought he'd shout was if a shark bit him.....
    Last edited by dlew; 7th July 2013 at 16:02.

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,900
    ^^

    It will be great to catch up with you. I will have my dive gear with me by then too.

    The Kamala Aussie Pub door prize draw is on Friday nights. Chob won it twice in two weeks! 5,000 baht the first time and 10,000 baht the next.

  3. #3
    Cadet Gold dlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gosford
    Posts
    482
    As I have stated before, all BM's and mates of BM's are welcome

    4 of us booked on the same flight, 2 more who are actually in the Phills at the moment but have never done Thailand will join us and a few are still sorting if they can come, so there will be a few newby's, a few regular tourers and a few old timers, should be a good mix of sun and fun loving blokes having a blast.

    We will book a minibus to get us from Patong to Samui, well Chob suggested getting out at Surat Thani, then cabbing it on to Chawang after the ferry. Will firm up numbers for the minibus a week or so before. Let Pooden, Dodger and Olly know if you see them.

    Look forward to catching up with you too mate, are you coming to Tao?
    Last edited by dlew; 7th July 2013 at 17:13.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,653
    How long's that ferry ride?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by dlew View Post
    As I have stated before, all BM's and mates of BM's are welcome

    4 of us booked on the same flight, 2 more who are actually in the Phills at the moment but have never done Thailand will join us and a few are still sorting if they can come, so there will be a few newby's, a few regular tourers and a few old timers, should be a good mix of sun and fun loving blokes having a blast.

    We will book a minibus to get us from Patong to Samui, well Chob suggested getting out at Surat Thani, then cabbing it on to Chawang after the ferry. Will firm up numbers for the minibus a week or so before. Let Pooden, Dodger and Olly know if you see them.

    Look forward to catching up with you too mate, are you coming to Tao?
    Yes I'd really like to join you on Tao. I've dived a lot around Phuket but never Tao.

    It's been a couple of years since I dived, so I might be a bit rusty but I'm sure I'll be fine. I was initially worried about how my throat would cope with the cold, dry compressed air but it's improved a lot in recent months.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,925
    Quote Originally Posted by dlew View Post
    There soon with a few mates and can't bloody wait!

    In to HKT at 7.25am on the 24th of August, will stay in Patong.
    Patong to Samui on the 27th, my mate is keen to stay in Chawang not Lamai.
    31st we will go to Koh Tao until the 3rd of September.
    From there I will most likely spend the night of the 3rd back in Samui and head back to HKT on the 4th until we fly out on the 7th.

    As I will miss the Tuesday night outing on both weeks I will try to get to Kamala to catch up with a few of you for a feed and a drink.... what night is the badge draw at the Aussie as I want to be there when Chob wins again and shouts, only time I ever thought he'd shout was if a shark bit him.....
    Sapeak nice palease........

    It will be good to catch up.... I think I'll be needing another Samui trip by then....

  7. #7
    Cadet Gold dlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gosford
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    How long's that ferry ride?
    I'm unsure mate, about an hour IIRC.

  8. #8
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by dlew View Post
    I'm unsure mate, about an hour IIRC.
    usually about 1hr 20 mins for the crossing but there is waiting in line, then loading on and off so all in all the whole thing is closer to 2 hours

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,925
    I gave Pat ( TripleB) and his lovely Nuu yr number baccy.
    Hes in Samui now , a top bloke and may call for a drink and or advice

  10. #10
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    I gave Pat ( TripleB) and his lovely Nuu yr number baccy.
    Hes in Samui now , a top bloke and may call for a drink and or advice
    cheers mate....already been in touch with pat via PM a while back and swapped sms yesterday...think we are doing a scooter run later today if he wakes up...i have had a busy week with visitors....been out to KPG on a junk (great day), several scooter rides including one with BM ChangYai and mate Eric, a couple of minivan runs with a friend and his family and a days diving off Koh Tao at Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock...diving was very good Dlew, saw some black tip sharks, turtles and stingrays and loads of colourful fish

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    cheers mate....already been in touch with pat via PM a while back and swapped sms yesterday...think we are doing a scooter run later today if he wakes up...i have had a busy week with visitors....been out to KPG on a junk (great day), several scooter rides including one with BM ChangYai and mate Eric, a couple of minivan runs with a friend and his family and a days diving off Koh Tao at Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock...diving was very good Dlew, saw some black tip sharks, turtles and stingrays and loads of colourful fish
    you need a holiday Nels...5555...you might have to put up the price of the 20 baht tours 5555

  12. #12
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    you need a holiday Nels...5555...you might have to put up the price of the 20 baht tours 5555

    they are only 10 baht tours Barry...someone's been ripping you off 555

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    they are only 10 baht tours Barry...someone's been ripping you off 555
    this is what happends when you dont deal with the boss 55555

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,925
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    you need a holiday Nels...5555...you might have to put up the price of the 20 baht tours 5555
    You thought you were getting the LT tours Bally .... I guess you wondered why he had to be back in his loom by five oclock....555

    So the diving at Tao was better than your earlier experience baccy?
    Last edited by Chob; 14th July 2013 at 23:12.

  15. #15
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    You thought you were getting the LT tours Bally .... I guess you wondered why he had to be back in his loom by five oclock....555

    So the diving at Tao was better than your earlier experience baccy?

    yes mate...probably my best days diving ever off Tao....even viz was 15+ metres which is great in my experience for the area

    bodes well for Dlew and crew

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,925
    Thats good , you didnt rate it before...

    Any peculiar conditions as to why you think it was so much better?

  17. #17
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Thats good , you didnt rate it before...

    Any peculiar conditions as to why you think it was so much better?
    nice sunny weather with good sunlight penetration into the water allowing better visibility, gentler currents, less suspended matter in the water, less cr@p pumped out from Tao atm due to low season and the abundance of fish, sharks and other pelagics in the water to see this time around

    i am not a fan of Koh Tao itself..IMO it has been overrun by the dive industry there + the KPG FMP crowd.....becoming polluted and losing its "Thainess" in the process...that and some of the bays are very shallow out to 100+ metres (still knee deep) and the water in them is dirty and like a warm bath at 30+ C

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    i am not a fan of Koh Tao itself..IMO it has been overrun by the dive industry there + the KPG FMP crowd.....
    KPG FMP explain Nels...5555

  19. #19
    Cadet Gold dlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gosford
    Posts
    482
    Koh Phangan Full Moon Party, get with it Mesy 555

    Sounds good Bac, geez your turning me off Tao but, say g'day to Pat from me, nice bloke.
    Last edited by dlew; 15th July 2013 at 21:19.

  20. #20
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    ^ if you guys get some dives in like I did the other day you will be very happy Dlew...

    on Tao...i am just trying to prepare you for the worst mate but I have been there 3-4 times over the past 10 years or so and watched it deteriorate so its kinda hurtful and personal to me what some have gotten away with in the name of development over there

    I'll say hi to Pat from you...yep he is a great guy (with a great TGF as well) we will be out on the scoots again tomorrow...after that he is in HKT and Chob's problem for the week 555

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •