Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 90 Countdown Begins..... 4th Year/4th Trip(Patong/Khao Lak/BKK or Pttaya)

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar

90 Countdown Begins..... 4th Year/4th Trip(Patong/Khao Lak/BKK or Pttaya)

Hey Guys,
    90 days and counting til I head to LOS for my annual SE Asia trek. For those that read my TR last year, I hope to not be some of the same spots. But every year I seem to step on myself several times in the haze of booze, ladies and fun. I will be meeting Supersub again and we will reunite with Jay Jay for a few days before he leaves in January.

I depart the USA at noon WEDS Jan 7th from ATL flying to Incheon via Korean Airlines and then to HKT at 2320pm on Thursday night. Although it is a grueling flight....it has become part of the ritual and part of the fun. I have already arranged trans from the airport via Manit the trusty driver I have used for the last 2 years. I assume I will arrive at my room around 100a-130a. A room in which Supersub will have already checked in to. I anticipate being on Bangla by 200a for a quick hello.

My trip runs from Jan 7th through Jan 27th, so it should afford a decent amount of time to explore and enjoy various things. Tentatively I am scheduled to make Patong home for 2 weeks. I have a room booked for a few laid back nights in Khao Lak to explore Similians and Phang Nga. Really looking forward to that as I have never been. I also have a flight booked to BKK for 3 nights. I have a BKK room booked , but am unsure if I will detour to Pattaya with Supersub and another guy to take a stroll in Pattaya.

Every trip seems to get better and I make more friends in LOS. I think this one will be very interesting as I have tried to tell my self that I will not take same girl. I think I have truly committed so much I am contemplating not talking a girl to Khao Lak.....but Supersub says that is just insane . So i guess we will see.

Any of you guys are in LOS Jan 7th-27th? let me know and we can all get together for a drink. Every year I meet people from the forum and we have a great time.
    Last edited by TMTBOUND; 9th October 2014 at 02:37.
    Quarky, OZZYGUY and supersub like this.

Damn... less than 90 days till Christmas.. 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    I fly the same Korean AL flight from San Francisco to Incheon then on to Phuket. It's a bitch. Valium and booze works wonders...

Have fun brother.
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I'm sure the time will fly by

39 days for me
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Ambien with a valium chaser makes the first leg very manageable. Second leg from Incheon to HKT may involve a few drinks .

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I'm sure the time will fly by

39 days for me
    I don't know why....but when i can select my seating for my flight it all seems real.

Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    I don't know why....but when i can select my seating for my flight it all seems real.
    , I've paid extra to secure the seats I want

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    , I've paid extra to secure the seats I want

The fortunate thing is that Korean Airlines allows you to pick seating within class first come First serve. SO i sit as close to the front as possible, yet comfortably away from the seating for parents with infants. I like sitting close to the front to try and get through immigration/re-screening at the stop over.
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I most likely will be in BKK Jan 18-21

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    I've got a bit of a wait at swampy when I land. Get in at 0700 and my flight to hkt isn't till 1210. Could have gotten an earlier flight but wanted to leave some time incase I got delayed. Could be worse places to kill time I guess.

yeah BKK airport has plenty to do. My first year i arrived via Singapore airlines at 700-800am in HKT. I was so excited to get there....I took a shower at Singapore airport so i could throw my **** in the room as fast as I could and go explore on my rental bike. ahhhhhh the first time.......and I arrived on NYE

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I've got a bit of a wait at swampy when I land. Get in at 0700 and my flight to hkt isn't till 1210. Could have gotten an earlier flight but wanted to leave some time incase I got delayed. Could be worse places to kill time I guess.
    I've always used Thai for the Bangkok - Phuket trip and just figured if I missed the flight they would probably put me on the next one , so would have booked a 09:00ish flight , but I've never been delayed on the overnight flight into Swampy , so not had to put the theory into practice

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    yeah BKK airport has plenty to do. My first year i arrived via Singapore airlines at 700-800am in HKT. I was so excited to get there....I took a shower at Singapore airport so i could throw my **** in the room as fast as I could and go explore on my rental bike. ahhhhhh the first time.......and I arrived on NYE
    You rented a bike the first time there? Brave man! 55
    TMTBOUND likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You rented a bike the first time there? Brave man! 55
    Riding bikes my whole life. Rented a Ninja 650. It was ok ..... Since it was Thailand touring the island ..... It was great!!! ��

Will miss you by about 4 weeks.... I'm sure you'll keep us posted on your escapades
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintman View Post
    Will miss you by about 4 weeks.... I'm sure you'll keep us posted on your escapades
    Oh don't worry, those three get up to plenty of mischief. It'll make for an entertaining January here.
    TMTBOUND and Saintman like this.

You not going to be in during high season Sir Bacon?

I hope to avoid some of the same drama i had last year for certain. I tend to drink a lot of Bad Decisions.....

You not going to be in during high season Sir Bacon?

I hope to avoid some of the same drama i had last year for certain. I tend to drink a lot of Bad Decisions.....
    I was in Patong for new years last Dec-Jan. I loved it, but it was way too crowded.

I'm flying to to Phuket next Friday. New years this time is an island party back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I was in Patong for new years last Dec-Jan. I loved it, but it was way too crowded.

I'm flying to to Phuket next Friday. New years this time is an island party back home.
    Rottnest Island?

Cadet Gold
    It's going to be my first high season absent. Instead my Thai gf will come here to experience the cold first hand. I wish I could go. TMT and Supersub knows how to party, and I dare anyone to keep up
    luvinpatong likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast