Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: 30th January Chaing Mai

30th January Chaing Mai

Chaing Mai 30th January to 3rd February
    Sakon Nakhon 3rd February to 15th February
    Looking forward to seeing Chaing Mai then spending some relaxing time in the country.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Is it your first CM visit? Drop in to the DUP and see if you can spot our IF, he is not too hard to find.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    30th is a friday so more than likely will be at the rooftop sausage sizzle DUP if i'm around.

12 days in sakhon nakhon!! make sure you take plenty of books to read 555
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    30th is a friday so more than likely will be at the rooftop sausage sizzle DUP if i'm around.
    Good to see that Stu has gone back to the Friday night rooftop sausage sizzle, last year it was in the bar area when I was there. Something else to look forward too...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Is it your first CM visit? Drop in to the DUP and see if you can spot our IF, he is not too hard to find.
    Yes, first vist to CM.
    I think the TG is looking forward to it as much if not more than I am. 5555
    Where is DUP in relation to old city?

12 days in sakhon nakhon!! make sure you take plenty of books to read 555

I am actually staying about 25Km south of Sakon Nakhon.
    I always take a book or two but last year never had time to read.
    There are too many things to do. I think I am slotted to help build a new chicken coop. 555

Quote Originally Posted by holdthatthought View Post
    Yes, first vist to CM.
    I think the TG is looking forward to it as much if not more than I am. 5555
    Where is DUP in relation to old city?
    there's some girls that drink/use to work at DUP that are from sakhon nakhon 55

it's here...

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/1...a=!4m2!4m1!3e2

there's some girls that drink/use to work at DUP that are from sakhon nakhon 55

it's here...

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/1...a=!4m2!4m1!3e2
    Thanks for the map link. Looks like about a 15 to 20 min. walk.
    I am not much of a drinker anymore and C has never even been in a bar plus she is some what allergic to smoke, but it I will try and stop by.
    Good to connect with someone from TD

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^ No smoking in the DUP.......... The smokers go out front for their fix.

Im sure youll both be impressed with Chiang Mai..........ps the Royal Gardens are impressive and close to the city.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Im sure youll both be impressed with Chiang Mai..........ps the Royal Gardens are impressive and close to the city.

Here you go................................................ ..................

^ No smoking in the DUP.......... The smokers go out front for their fix.

That is good to know.

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a trip is in order.
    Have you ever been to 4 Footprints Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by holdthatthought View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Looks like a trip is in order.
    Have you ever been to 4 Footprints Temple?

I have never been to that Temple.

If you want a day trip I recommend Doi Inthanon..............Its the highest mountain in Thailand............your missus will be impressed, theres a few waterfalls on the way up the mountain although they would be on the dry side this time of year, so much to do in Chiang Mai. Doi Suthep is right near CM and overlooks the city, nice view on a fine day.

Plenty to read on Chiang Mai in this section..........................Chiang Mai Chiang Rai Mae Sot

Plenty to read on Chiang Mai in this section..........................Chiang Mai Chiang Rai Mae Sot
    Yes, I have been going through the threads.
    Doi Suthep is definitely on the list to see. I just don't know how much time to allow. (half day?)
    There are a number of Wat's in the old city that seem worth visiting as well.
    I had Doi Inthanon in mind as a possible.
    Do you know what rates places charge for scooters?
    Reasonable or rip-off?

^ I always use Pop Rental for Bikes & Cars, they are all over CM in the city, I always deal with Pop himself, at the Head Office Branch near the Moat at Loi Krow Road, the prices he advertises are negotiable, from memory 200/300 Baht for a scooter, I recommend the PCX 150 as a scooter, great little bike.

If you go up to Doi Suthep stop aboult halway up at the view point, have a look and drink and food if you like, then carry on up to Doi Suthep to see the Golden Wat, after the Wat I like to keep climbing the hill and go onto Doi Pui and look at the markets and gardens. Hard to say how long to allow time wise, do you like taking your time of a quick in and out and a couple of photos. My suggestion if you like riding scooters is do the Sameong Loop starting from the southern end, ride the loop so you end up at the Maesa Elephant Camp for the 130pm afternoon show, great show to watch, then head back to CM and up to Doi Suthep for a late arvo look, easy to do in a day providing you are confident on the scooter. I am sure you will like CM and will be wishing you had more time to look around.

PS it is worth making the effort to get to the DUP and ask Stewart to draw on the map a few things you want to see, your missus will be made welcome and im sure she will enjoy their hospitality, neither of you have to drink alcohol if you dont want, there not pushy to make you drink there.

No problem with dry gardens, been raining for nearly 24 hour's now

^ I always use Pop Rental for Bikes & Cars, they are all over CM in the city, I always deal with Pop himself, at the Head Office Branch near the Moat at Loi Krow Road, the prices he advertises are negotiable, from memory 200/300 Baht for a scooter, I recommend the PCX 150 as a scooter, great little bike.

If you go up to Doi Suthep stop aboult halway up at the view point, have a look and drink and food if you like, then carry on up to Doi Suthep to see the Golden Wat, after the Wat I like to keep climbing the hill and go onto Doi Pui and look at the markets and gardens. Hard to say how long to allow time wise, do you like taking your time of a quick in and out and a couple of photos. My suggestion if you like riding scooters is do the Sameong Loop starting from the southern end, ride the loop so you end up at the Maesa Elephant Camp for the 130pm afternoon show, great show to watch, then head back to CM and up to Doi Suthep for a late arvo look, easy to do in a day providing you are confident on the scooter. I am sure you will like CM and will be wishing you had more time to look around.

PS it is worth making the effort to get to the DUP and ask Stewart to draw on the map a few things you want to see, your missus will be made welcome and im sure she will enjoy their hospitality, neither of you have to drink alcohol if you dont want, there not pushy to make you drink there.

Sounds like a nice loop to take. I do enjoy taking pictures which causes some issues sometimes.
    I have ridden bikes most of my life, but know when I am out of my element.
    C will insist on driving in the city. 555
    200/300 baht for a scooter is great. Being on my own timetable is very appealing.
    Thanks for all of the info.

No problem with dry gardens, been raining for nearly 24 hour's now
    Better now than in 3 weeks. 555
    I am getting enough of that at home.