The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Where dreams go to die - a Farang deaths in Thailand website

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Hatari's Avatar
    Look at the photos on the wall, memories of better days.

Retired Aussie policeman shot himself because he "didn't want to be a burden"
    19 November 2017

Bang Khun Thian police were called to a condominium in Ekachai Soi 88 in Bangkok on Saturday after reports that a foreigner had shot himself. In the sixth floor room on a bed they found 82 year old Thomas Edward Bacon (name transliterated from Thai) with a single gunshot wound to the throat from a .38 gun.
    On a table was a suicide note. It read: "I don't want to be a burden for anyone to look after".

The victim's wife Thanakorn Lomrat, 54, who owns the condominium, said that her husband was a former policeman. He came to Thailand twenty years ago but his health had deteriorated and he had many illnesses. Recently he had suffered diabetes that had affected his eyesight and was barely able to walk.
    The body was sent for autopsy and the embassy have been informed.
    Source: Daily News
    We will be geared to the average rather than the exceptional

I guess if you are considering ending it all so that you aren't a burden, then Thailand is often better than your home country? If I get to that state I would probably do it somewhere else other than home, somewhere where there is minimal fuss afterwards... you wouldn't want the burden of your family having to pay for the body to be repatriated home... so I would probably find a place to hide where I know I would never be found... or visit IF.. I am sure he could hide my body somewhere... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    so I would probably find a place to hide where I know I would never be found... or visit IF.. I am sure he could hide my body somewhere... 55
    I do have my "little ways." 5555

All joking aside, it is something we all contemplate when we start approaching 80 and don't want to inconvenience anyone else. I'm all for assisted suicide, but in North America it is not legal. Our great leaders prefer the elderly to suffer as much as possible.... you know, just like the "bible" says.

The best thing you can do is help as many people as possible while you are still healthy enough to do so, and have good times with your offspring and those close to you. That way there are only good memories for those left behind.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 21st November 2017 at 17:51.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123