Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Upcoming Short Trip

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar

Upcoming Short Trip

Just manged to get a solo short trip in for April from the 6th April to the 16th April

Fly Perth to Singapore, few hrs layover in Singapore and then onto Phuket till Saturday 14th.

Fly back to Singapore and have 2 nights there, then back to Perth on the Monday afternoon

Staying at the Aspry in Phuket for 7 days and a place I have stayed in before in Singapore on Joo Chiat Road (about half way from the airport to the City)

So anyone who is around at that time, it would be good to catch up

Also I have just realised that Songkram is from the 13th to 15th, so will only be there for one day of it

I have never been there for that before, so looking forward to it
    PeteGill, quiksilva, 1080 and 2 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Good one.
    I also booked a short trip for April but will be heading up Korat way, will be my first Songkran also. About time after visiting for nine years 55
    Air Asia, not looking forward to the flights but @ $500.00 return I will bite the bullet. 8th to the 21st.

I got a good deal with Scoot from Perth

Scoot Biz $279 all up each way to Singapore

Then from Singapore to Phuket $340 return, but that includes the Economy Max Bundles, that allow you to have use of the Jetstar Lounge in Singapore. I did that because I have about just over 4hrs layover on the way out, so will make use of the lounge in that time.
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    You're lucky Chelski - 13th is the main day for Songkran.
    (by the 14th you'll be happy to go 555!)
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    You're lucky Chelski - 13th is the main day for Songkran.
    (by the 14th you'll be happy to go 555!)
    Nice one Baz, well at least I get to experience it once. Also make a mental note on what dates not to book next year.

At least Saturday will not be a bad day to be leaving the Airport, Sunday/Monday will be like a mad house.

It is strange, because previously hotels normally ramp up the prices for the holidays, but never saw anything that related to the holiday when I was booking.
    I have already paid up front, so they will not be able to load up any suprises on my bill

Wonder if the Thai's have the same celebration in Singapore as there is a great Thai eating place just across the road from the hotel I am staying at in Singapore.
    Last edited by chelski; 8th January 2018 at 15:25.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Have a great trip.

Scoot are a great airline been a few times now with them.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Have a great trip.

Scoot are a great airline been a few times now with them.
    Have also used them a few times now and always found them good to travel with.

If you can book well in advance with them, there are some good deals to be had

Also being able to upgrade on board from normal Economy to the quiet zone (if there is space) if needed is an added bonus
    bacwaan and OZZYGUY like this.

At the airport having a couple of Corona.
    Leave at 6 and the have a lounge in Singapore for 5hrs then on the early flight to Phuket.
    If any of you guys in Kamala are out for drinks in the evening. Send me a pm and I will come over.
    Same goes for anyone else who is around.

Does anyone know if you can can get Clexane in Thailand without a prescription if I need some.
    My warfarin levels are playing up and at present having to do 150mg injections every day as well as my warfarin.

Could be a pretty dry holiday if it gets no better

Sounds like you can get it, but difficult?

More here... https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769481-clexane/
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cheers DP. I have to get an INR test done Monday. So will ask at the clinic I get the tests done.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Cheers DP. I have to get an INR test done Monday. So will ask at the clinic I get the tests done.
    they should be able to sort you out with your meds at the clinic there mate....most good clinics have a decent pharmacy selection in house...if not I am sure they can refer you...

a mate takes something similar and buys his at our local pharmacy..so I don't see you having too much trouble

Cheers Baccy, I will ask at the clinic I go to. It is on beach road up the Loma Park end. So only a short walk from my hotel. They did all my blood tests I needed to get done last time and were very good.

You know what is wierd, the last 4 holidays/trips I have had, every time this sort of thing has happened. Before I left to come to Samui 4 years ago, twice in Phuket previously and now this time.

My Dr says my levels are one of the most stable of all his patients, and cannot understand why this happens every so often, although this time it has gone on a little longer. Still no good worrying about it, life must go on.

Thanks for the info anyway.
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Enjoy your trip

Cheers Ian, I intend to
    Stillearly likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Cheers Baccy, I will ask at the clinic I go to. It is on beach road up the Loma Park end. So only a short walk from my hotel. They did all my blood tests I needed to get done last time and were very good.

You know what is wierd, the last 4 holidays/trips I have had, every time this sort of thing has happened. Before I left to come to Samui 4 years ago, twice in Phuket previously and now this time.

My Dr says my levels are one of the most stable of all his patients, and cannot understand why this happens every so often, although this time it has gone on a little longer. Still no good worrying about it, life must go on.

Thanks for the info anyway.
    must be the excitement of anticipating you upcoming trip...and all the dirty thoughts that come with that Steve...55555

My gf did mention the same thing b4 I left yesterday. So had try and convince her that was not the case
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    My gf did mention the same thing b4 I left yesterday. So had try and convince her that was not the case
    Excitement does not change INR as far as I know, but hydration / dehydration levels sure do.. Just be careful..

Cheers Rak

Ok, well 1st day is over, flight from Perth with Scoot was good. As I said previously I booked Scoot BIZ, for $278 each way. You can choose a meal and have 1 free drink and anymore you pay for.
    It was worth it as the flight was packed and lots and lots of family's & kids, so it is worth it just to be away from all the kids playing up. Just one thing I noticed for anyone who is tall, perhaps book the 3rd row seats at the back. There is quite a gap there behind the seat, and you can get the seat to recline quite a way without disturbing anyone.
    You get a free wifi card with the ticket, and they have some online movies you can stream. You are better to have some downloaded movies on your tablet/iPad and play them.

Got to Singapore over 40 mins Early and straight through customs. I had about 8 hrs layover and did not want to book a hotel as the last time I did it in Malaysia, i fell asleep late on in the evening, woke late and nearly missed my 10am flight.
    So booked a package with Jetstar that allows access to their lounge. From what I could see, if you did a walk up it cost around $60. But is worth it. Plenty of seats,booths to sit in and catch some sleep, hot food available during the night, unlimited soft drinks, snacks, tea coffe etc. Also breakfast.

Breakfast I gave a miss, as it was mainly re-fried ham, some meat that looked like spam etc, as twice previously I have had the worst stomach upsets after eating that stuff, So took the safe option of corn flakes & toast.

Flight was uneventful, arrived in Phuket and was interested that at the end of the walk across the exit bridge, a lady waiting holding up a VIP Fast Track board. If I am not mistaken, that is the mob that Marc26 recommended, and who I also tried to book in January and was told they did not offer the service anymore. It may pay to check with them if you need to do this and see if the service is up and running again.

So, get to immigration, to be met with hoards of people and noticed that they must have had nearly 100% of the booths operating. It seemed there were 2 people in each booth and every one that I could see had both booths operational. I could see 19 booths at least.
    I timed what it took me to get through. it was 915am when I got in a que, and amazingly through in under 15mins. I counted nearly 50 people in front of me in the que, so thought that was excellent. Bags just arrived by the time I got to the bag pick up area. So I had booked a car pick up for 1030am, but I had allowed 1hr plus to get through the customs, after what happened to me previously when booking a pick up.

There was a bit of a mess up with the pick up of my car, as an email I hot last week, said to wait outside entrance 2 (not 3 or 4), where I have normally been met. Anyway a quick phone call and matter was resolved.

Could not get into the hotel until about 2pm, so walked along the Beach Road towards the Bangla end.
    I was impressed how this end of the beach road is looking, lots of good looking bars and resteraunts have appeared, along with some new bars and some smaller bar areas that what was there previously.
    One bar has a Surf wave machine, and is turning out to be a big hit by the looks of the amount of people there.

Seems the bars moving away from Bangla Soi's are being revived away from the main area's. I quite like the idea, as previously, for people staying at that far end of Beach Rd, had no other option really than to head into Bangla, but now, I can head out of my hotel, and if I do not feel like heading all the way to Bangla, you can chill out with some good food and a quiet drink, closer to home. In saying that, I think you can see what an effect it is having on the bars in Bangla.

Last night, I headed up to Bangla amd met up with some friends I know from the Smiley Bar and they said that although there are still a lot of people around, the change from mainly guys having a boys holiday has changed, and is now more families & Chinese (both of these do not spend money in the bars).

I headed away from the Smiley Bar and was going to go home, before I got manhandled into the Moonshine Bar by one of the ladies out the front. Seems she is from Sura Thani. Had a good laugh in there with her and one of the other ladies (I use the term Lady very loosely for the 2nd one & my suspicions were correct). The initial lady is heading home this morning to see her son, but will be back on Thursday), so perhaps might have to make a return visit.

Also had a drink in P One bar, girls in there was fun, and seems there is a Birthday Party in there tonight and was invited to head along. So might see what is going on later this evening. I have been to a few of these Birthday Parties before, and can be a good evenings entertainment. So will see happens.

Well that is about all for now, will update some more later.

Tez
    Hey I am just trolling the threads especially the trip report ones Saw yours and thought hmm Do you usually use the same hotel or move around a lot ?Just wondering. I am going back again really soon. Looking at the clinics there or Chiang Mai.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast