Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Tez
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By Tez
  • 1 Post By Tez
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By OzzyDamo
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 3 Post By Gazmac
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes
  • 1 Post By mechime

Thread: Thai Dreamers in Thailand

  1. #1
    Tez
    Tez is offline
    Cadet Gold Tez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    311

    Thai Dreamers in Thailand

    Last night in Patong for me. Not sure when I might be back. The last 4 or 5 days has been quite dull. Possibly cause of the time of year but.. might only have been my expectations being too high. Perhaps I am having a bout of depression again. Either way We all know shit changes but Otop particularly is all wrong for me now. I travel alone so having that place was great fun. Heres to the next couple of weeks north via Bangkok for a night or 2.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    OZZYGUY and Petter like this.

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,377
    That does not surprise me, Tez. I'm sort of feeling that way myself. I don't get to Chiang Mai until November 25, and then only for a bit over 3 months. My friends in Chiang Mai tell me it is dead right now, and many small markets are struggling.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    That does not surprise me, Tez. I'm sort of feeling that way myself. I don't get to Chiang Mai until November 25, and then only for a bit over 3 months. My friends in Chiang Mai tell me it is dead right now, and many small markets are struggling.
    Could get a bit busy in the bars Ian that week you arrive, About 400 mountain bikers from all over the world will arrive for the race 31st Nov & 1st Dec weekend.

    I arrive the 14th Nov and will stay to the 7th Dec now.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Last night in Patong for me. Not sure when I might be back. The last 4 or 5 days has been quite dull. Possibly cause of the time of year but.. might only have been my expectations being too high. Perhaps I am having a bout of depression again. Either way We all know shit changes but Otop particularly is all wrong for me now. I travel alone so having that place was great fun. Heres to the next couple of weeks north via Bangkok for a night or 2.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    How long did you stay in Patong.?

    I only ever stay in one place 3/4 days max and then move on
    I get bored easily

  5. #5
    PGC
    PGC is offline
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Last night in Patong for me. Not sure when I might be back. The last 4 or 5 days has been quite dull. Possibly cause of the time of year but.. might only have been my expectations being too high. Perhaps I am having a bout of depression again. Either way We all know shit changes but Otop particularly is all wrong for me now. I travel alone so having that place was great fun. Heres to the next couple of weeks north via Bangkok for a night or 2.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Yep OTOP has changed for the worst......Turned a great daytime drinking spot into a morgue

  6. #6
    Tez
    Tez is offline
    Cadet Gold Tez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Could get a bit busy in the bars Ian that week you arrive, About 400 mountain bikers from all over the world will arrive for the race 31st Nov & 1st Dec weekend.

    I arrive the 14th Nov and will stay to the 7th Dec now.
    you are ariving and I am off home via BKK for a night. Cheers

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  7. #7
    Tez
    Tez is offline
    Cadet Gold Tez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    311
    Well my time is up here again I have spent 10 days touring Lao and Thailand with TBB big bike
    Goto say I am tired . CM is busier now than 2 weeks ago.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Quarky likes this.

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Well my time is up here again I have spent 10 days touring Lao and Thailand with TBB big bike
    Goto say I am tired . CM is busier now than 2 weeks ago.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Understandable considering it is Loi Krathong festival. That is why I put my trip off by a week. It was a zoo last time went at that time.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Well my time is up here again I have spent 10 days touring Lao and Thailand with TBB big bike
    Goto say I am tired . CM is busier now than 2 weeks ago.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Understandable considering it is Loi Krathong festival. That is why I put my trip off by a week. It was a zoo last time went at that time.
    CM has been dead the last two nights, maybe they all left
    OzzyDamo likes this.

  10. #10
    Platinum OzzyDamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brisso
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    CM has been dead the last two nights, maybe they all left
    the high baht has killed it- along with an impending global financial crash

    in Ubon you're lucky if see 5 farangs in a trip so you don't really notice it.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    the high baht has killed it- along with an impending global financial crash

    in Ubon you're lucky if see 5 farangs in a trip so you don't really notice it.
    Paso is still holding up ok.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

  12. #12
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,489
    Rupiah dropped over last couple days. Was stable prior 10 days

  13. #13
    Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,061
    Off to Patong again November 28th to December 9. Going fishing with local Thai guys and catch up with Oli 555
    Last edited by Gazmac; 21st November 2019 at 05:00. Reason: adding content
    Quarky, OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.
    !qq!

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,377
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Paso is still holding up ok.
    Probably why some Pattaya regulars I know have shifted over to the Philippines.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  15. #15
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Off to Patong again November 28th to December 9. Going fishing with local Thai guys and catch up with Oli 555
    Is that what you call visits down SSD? 😝

  16. #16
    Cadet Gold mechime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    343
    Had 10 days in Rayong and 5 in Bangkok, then drive up to Phitsanulok night stop then onto Phrae and in-laws, only the wify can speak English here, youngsters seam to change from 4 yrs up, until then they are able to say English words parrot fashion then the Lanna Thai shy kicks in, wify wants me to stay longer but I prefer travelling around at least then I have near 100% attention. Beaches just beyond Rayong City were nice but empty, we narrowed down some good seafood and hardly ate meat except in some veg soup.
    Back for N.Y. and a boozy time with cousins and neighbours in the village, lots of smiles and a bit of a jig or two, only recently found out it is husband improper to ask their wife for a dance, guess got away with it due my age, comments please, but the men folk seem to want to cavort with me to the music, No comment.
    PeteGill likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •