Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 100 Thai dishes - a foodies guide!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    G'day sweet lips, Nope mate they were just moist hard boiled green eggs with a great flavour, now you have me wonderring why Mook peeled and fed them to me and not S...
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

So called 1000 year old eggs are aged for 100 days. Preserved, actually. I have never been game to try them ... the colour alone puts me off >

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Nope thats not them either Rob, must the type of chooks then, orange yoke but greenish whites, they have a distainctive flavour, very nice, as though something has been added to make them green and add the flavour..
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Nope thats not them either Rob, must the type of chooks then, orange yoke but greenish whites, they have a distainctive flavour, very nice, as though something has been added to make them green and add the flavour..
    There's many ways to cook and or preserve eggs. I have seen the green ones, usually duck eggs cooked in with a stew which turns the white into a grey/brown or green colour. We quite often have them with moo palo though the ones shown in pic below are hen's eggs >

Have also had the Isaan BBQ'd eggs. They remove the yolk somehow, mix with something and re-pack the egg before cooking over a bbq >
    Cilla likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Getting warmer Rob, posibly a type of Isaan BBq Eggs but they were whole and complete once peeled just green and flavoursome...

Better start thinking about photographing food when I go back, now i understand why you guys do it, picture worth a thousand words..... And makes me drool on the keyboard...555

Went shopping at muang mai market today for fresh goong. Stopped into Hillkoff on the way way for fresh coffee beans (recommended on TV/CM forum) and at our fav sausage stall on way home.... Isaan-style fermented snags for tomorrow's brekkie/lunch, yum yum. Jo frowns at my use of Mr Heinz!

I digress. Fresh prawns @ 180 bt/kg + asparagus and green veggies is being prepared by Jo now, tempura-style, along with her beaut dipping sauces ... aloi mak mak!
    Cheers, Rob.

Im always months behind. Barbecued Eggs ( Kai Peank ) (Appon's Thai Food Recipes)
    Have tried making these according to instructions...just cant get them right. The egg expand
    Spot they are the Isaan bbq eggs (Kai peank) that Rob pictured below. The sulphur compounds in the egg yolk and seasoning make them go green. Basically pepper and soy flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Getting warmer Rob, posibly a type of Isaan BBq Eggs but they were whole and complete once peeled just green and flavoursome...

Better start thinking about photographing food when I go back, now i understand why you guys do it, picture worth a thousand words..... And makes me drool on the keyboard...555
    Ok so I finally cracked it.!!!....the key is in the cooking...cook in oven at lowest temps for long time (two hours) Thats around 70 Degrees C. Perfect Jan 15
    Last edited by bobdown48; 12th January 2015 at 22:26. Reason: Adding information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12