Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 100 Thai dishes - a foodies guide!

100 Thai dishes - a foodies guide!

Excellent guide for foodies here >100 Thai Dishes to Eat in Bangkok: The Ultimate Eating Guide<

Photo's do NOT do justice to the dishes, as described, so I've added a few of my own pics from MBK Foodcourt in Bkk .... most dishes @ ~ 40 Bt each.

SomTam and Pad Thai >>>

Oyster omelette - 'hoy tod' >>>

BBQ duck >>>

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Just made Mrs W hungry.5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Attachment 900Where is the ants, crickets and other insect.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Thanks for the article Rob, its excellent. I agree that their pictures are far too close to the food, like they are expecting us to do a clinical inspection of ingrediants. Your shots are more a view of the presentation of the food, as we would see them infront of us with through our own eyes. Yours actually look appetizing, where some of theirs look a little disturbing, but then I can't remember ever eating a meal with my eye right on the edge of the plate or bowl.

You seem to thrive on Thai food, and have a knack for taking excellent photos, so I for one vote that you start a new thread called "Rob's 100+ Thai Culinary Delights" or some such. It should be a sticky in this section.
    Last edited by vanguy77; 11th June 2011 at 10:01.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Excellent guide for foodies here >100 Thai Dishes to Eat in Bangkok: The Ultimate Eating Guide<

Photo's do NOT do justice to the dishes, as described, so I've added a few of my own pics from MBK Foodcourt in Bkk .... most dishes @ ~ 40 Bt each.

SomTam and Pad Thai >>>

Oyster omelette - 'hoy tod' >>>

BBQ duck >>>

OH man!!! you are killing us!!!
    Toby and Arada likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Thanks for the interesting link. It's always nice to try something different for a change. I have found myself hooked on Thai food since my visits there and it makes other food seem tasteless.
    wabbits and Toby and Arada like this.

2 more of Jo's delights....

Krapow Gai - (basil chicken)

Prawn Asparagus stir-fry

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    2 more of Jo's delights....

Krapow Gai - (basil chicken)

Prawn Asparagus stir-fry

You are a very cruel man...these look fantastic...I hope you treat her well!
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    You are a very cruel man...these look fantastic...I hope you treat her well!
    She wears me out trying .... lol! Unlike 99.9% of TG's, Jo doesn't like yellow gold, she prefers diamonds

In reply to one of our games, "how much do you love me?" ... wherein I usually say "more than all the Gold in the World", this morning I said ... "more than all the Diamonds in Africa" !!!

Jo, was unusually silent for 10 milliseconds, then replied "mmmmh, I'll have to think about that!" ....
    Cheers, Rob.

The MBK food hall is a must for anyone visiting BKK. I thought the standard of food on offer was top class, all at a bargain price too. Have a look around first and get an idea of how much you will need in vouchers. Don't do as I did and change 500bht into vouchers, you will never spend it all and the girl was none too please when she had to count up the remaining tickets to give me the refund555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    The MBK food hall is a must for anyone visiting BKK. I thought the standard of food on offer was top class, all at a bargain price too. Have a look around first and get an idea of how much you will need in vouchers. Don't do as I did and change 500bht into vouchers, you will never spend it all and the girl was none too please when she had to count up the remaining tickets to give me the refund555
    dont do what I did... bring them back another day to use, theyre only valid for the day of purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    dont do what I did... bring them back another day to use, theyre only valid for the day of purchase!
    Well I didn't realise that was the case. There was a small queue of people cashing back, and it did go through my mind to leave it until a later date. Good job I didn't or I would have lost about 400bht!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Attachment 900Where is the ants, crickets and other insect.
    You mean, Grasshoppers, maggot's and *roaches
    Thai food - maggots.jpgThai food- grasshopers.jpgThai food - cockroaches.jpg

Toby and Arada

hungrier

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Just made Mrs W hungry.5555
    Everything makes TG's hungry. Even when their asleep their hungry

T&A
    justcruzing1 likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby and Arada View Post
    Everything makes TG's hungry. Even when their asleep their hungry

T&A
    I came home at midnight this week after a bus meeting MW had been asleep for 3 hours and i woke her up.
    She bounded out of bed...."Hew hew mark"...Promptly made noodles, Must eat incessantly but nothing of her...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I came home at midnight this week after a bus meeting MW had been asleep for 3 hours and i woke her up.
    She bounded out of bed...."Hew hew mark"...Promptly made noodles, Must eat incessantly but nothing of her...
    Amusing how quickly to awake and sleep and dead sleep. How Dao considers her job to feed me or prepare me for the day. Just love it. It will be missed all soon. i have forgotten the little fairy that takes care of all the little things without me thinking about it. I guess that is called taking someone for granted. Or marriage.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Amusing how quickly to awake and sleep and dead sleep. How Dao considers her job to feed me or prepare me for the day. Just love it. It will be missed all soon. i have forgotten the little fairy that takes care of all the little things without me thinking about it. I guess that is called taking someone for granted. Or marriage.
    One year married and Jo was away just a few days to have her annual FREE medical. Oh boy did I miss her.... I've quite forgotten how to cook!

The knack of whipping up a tasty noodle dish or stir-fry out of next to nothing is inbred. Now we're in the north, Jo is using local recipes and ingredients, one of which is fermented soy bean product, dried and roasted then ground up as a soup base.

Pronounced 'tour-now', the flavour is very special and I could drink the pork bone and pak kwang tung broth all day long ....

Pak kwang tung is known in Oz as choy sum I think, it's possibly the most versatile of all cabbage varieties - use it in stir-fry (always chopped finely to cook fast) or with noodles and in soups.
    Cheers, Rob.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    My cousins Thai wife offered to make us a snack at the half time interval during the England football game. We could hear pots and pans banging and food sizzling in the background during the game. I couldn't believe how much food she had prepared and the quality of the dishes, she must of had an army of helpers in there 555. Annie

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Hey Rob,

Whats the go with the dleicious Green Eggs that Mook peeled and fed me? Somebody said something about 100 day old eggs? they were green hard boiled eggs but the falvour was better than a hard boiled egg...

They were the right size so I am guessing they were chook eggs...?

Thanks Mate
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    were they 100 yo old eggs which are Chinese and smell very strongly of amonia

or

son in law's eggs which are more popular in Thailand and usually fed to a potentially wayward son in law to remind him he will get the chop if he strays....555

Khai Luk Koei - Son in Law Eggs | adventurefood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast