Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Popularity of Thai food

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar

Popularity of Thai food

I have noticed the growing popularity of Thai food in the UK. Most supermarkets now stock most of the ingredients needed to make the basic Thai dishes.
    Even my local garage store stock things like fish sauce, green/red curry paste and other basics (yet they gave me a puzzled look when I asked if they had a litre of gearbox oil for my car). Well it is a garage!
    I went to a local food fair 2 weeks ago and there was no less than 4 stalls dishing up some fantastic Thai food. Last year there was only one. There was even a Thai food stall at the local Car show.
    We have more Asian wholesale shops selling Thai goods and they even have a 3 times a week delivery of fresh veg.
    My kids are offered some Thai curries, stir fry etc at school dinners, and most pubs offer the same.
    All great news I think :-)

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have also noticed that there is a boom in Thai food in Australia at the current time. Thai Restuarants are getting full of peopel on most nights. The Thai pastes and ingredients are becoming more available in supermarkets and going to a pub these days you could order a Thai Dish. I am not sure if it is that Thai food is becoming more popular or if it is the fact that Thailand is playing a bigger part in our Day to day life so we are just noticing it more.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Certainly becoming more popular...various areas that were dominated by other cuisines are now also offering plenty of Thai alternatives...lygon street, sydney road, high street, etc.

The dish that I always see on mixed menus is Thai beef salad, whereas beef is not a common dish in Thailand.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    The bugs have not caught on though.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    The bugs have not caught on though.
    No, and I can see why. Not my cup of tea. 555

Abner
    Cardio exercise:

I think cardio exercise is best way to get good results in natural way and be fit,
    i also doing cardio exercise in morning....

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Cardio exercise:

I think cardio exercise is best way to get good results in natural way and be fit,
    i also doing cardio exercise in morning....
    Careful.....fftopic: