Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By justcruzing1
  • 1 Post By NamTanMot

Thread: What's your favourite Thai Snack

What's your favourite Thai Snack

Thai fun food or dinner on a stick is everywhere in Thailand, in fact as you all know food is everywhere in Thailand. Besides this post being about blowing our own trumpet with regards to Thai food activities in the UK, I would also like to know what your favourite Thai fun food is? The snacking type of food or as the Thais say ''ของกินเล่น'' ''khong kin len''

Finger Food Party Ideas engagingthailandtips Blog

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Thai muff, definatily my favourite brunch !! 555555
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I like eating banana chips while in LOS... not sure if they're classed as Thai food though...
    The other thing I cant seem to go past is those chocolate banana pancakes/jappardis the street vendors make...... yum yum

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Unripe mango and chilli.....Luv it luv iiiiit.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Thai muff, definatily my favourite brunch !! 555555

Can you show us a pic JC ?

Thai Muffins 55555555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Even though they are fruit, I luv tooklook's( เสาวรด = passionfruit )
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Cadet silver Eamon2's Avatar
    Love the bugs, just like eating peanuts. Love them

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    For Nui, it is definitely Durien .... the fruit that hotels do not want you to bring into the room because it smells so strong. Nui could eat it all day. The entire trip I kept looking for those big fried grasshoppers that she loved on trip #1, but I was unable to find them anywhere, maybe because it was just not grasshopper season. Personally, I'm not much of a "snacker", but I found I really liked Longan, or Lumyai Nui sometimes called it. She would often see them for sale at a sidewalk vendor, and buy a bagful. They are always sold still attached to the branch, and stay good for a few days it seems.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

A fine snack JC in fact can be turned in to banquet. PPB you are definitely making me hungry with the chocolate banana pancakes, but even though I love them I end up spending a while on the treadmill or I end up wearing them. Wabbits you are certainly a brave man how many unripe mango's and chilli can you eat before a jittery stomach occurs?
    The rest would look great in a picnic basket
    Rivo is bringing the passion fruit ooh and some Thai Muffins that he got from JC
    Eamon is bringing some bugs
    Vanguy is bringing the Durian and the grasshoppers
    Now add the unripe Mango's, chilli and chocolate banana pancakes and i'll bring the beer.
    What more could we need, no doubt someone will tell me. 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The beers are in the fridge
    Last edited by G4orce; 3rd November 2011 at 01:04. Reason: sorry a little full on for Main Section

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I don't know the name but I shared a small bag of gooseberry sized green fruit . ( crab apples?). Dipping them into a bag of chilli and sugar mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I don't know the name but I shared a small bag of gooseberry sized green fruit . ( crab apples?). Dipping them into a bag of chilli and sugar mix.
    Possibly baby green mango's, often hard to get, but very nice sliced and dipped in nam pla.
    Durian smoothies do it for me ... we freeze the flesh and blend with a little milk for the most awesome icecream-like snack I have ever tasted.

Som tam Thai is my favourite snack food - Jo whips up a bowl whenever she's hungry .... frequently.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Good grief you lot eat a load of sour stuff. I am not sure how the stomach will take sour snacks a bag of grasshoppers and ice cold beer, but willing to give it a go.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Would probably have to say the Crunchy Green Mango, but there are many more that I enjoy

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    toot gai BBQ...on a stick...deeelicious

During the day, sweet mango.

At night, nothing beats nutella and banana pancakes...I'll call it Thai as it is the only place I have it.
    G4orce likes this.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

TG bought watermelon seeds as a snack from 7-11. Made me laugh as we buy so called seedless watermelons in Oz.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Not sure if you consider this as a snack but we bought a small bag of dried fish, only small fish, from the street market in Samui. They were very crispy and they went down well with a bottle of Tiger beer.