Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: My Thai Dinner Party

My Thai Dinner Party

My Thai Food dinner party is the first part of an interview carried out with Khun Kasinee Silapee from Bangkok who is very passionate about Thai cuisine and cooking.

In this part of the interview Kasinee talks about her favourite dishes, what she would cook if the host of a dinner party and favourite places in Bangkok she likes to dine at.

There are some lovely colour photographs provided by Khun Kasinee for Thai food enthusiasts. I would love to hear of some other favourite Thai dishes, what dishes would you serve or like to have?

My Thai Food Dinner Party: Interview With Kasinee Silapee Part 1 engagingthailandtips Blog

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Cant go past a Thai BBQ... us Aussies love a barbie 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    i have done several Thai cooking classes over the years and when i lived back in OZ all of my friends used to hassle me to have Thai dinner parties....its a lot of work and preparation but its great when you have done all the cooking and everyone arrives and starts enjoying themselves and the food

i don't even try here...everyone including my Thai friends want me to cook a-han farang

Yeah P.B.B I noticed you Aussies like a barbie or two when I spent a fair amount of time working in Queensland. I must admit to loving it myself, but had decent weather not like here. You can't plan a barbie in the UK. It brings back fond memories in Australia though.

Full credit to you bacwaan, you are right it is hard work but rewarding as we run a Thai catering business here in the UK and Thai food is now very popular.
    The other good thing is we get to charge for it as well so they enjoy the food and we don't work hard for nothing. Hiowever of course doing it for friends is a different matter. Thanks Bacwaan.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Fried chili minced pork, as described in the interview is one of my favourites. The Thai stall in my local market does this, and I find it hard to go with anything else to be honest. Annie.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Fried chili minced pork, as described in the interview is one of my favourites. The Thai stall in my local market does this, and I find it hard to go with anything else to be honest. Annie.
    Like me and Pad Kra Pow gai kai dow.......In my mind i find myself in number 6 in Patong when ever i think of this dish.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Cant go past a Thai BBQ... us Aussies love a barbie 555
    The way i BBQ at home has changed from prior Mrs W have not had a snag on the bar b for soooo long but plenty of pork and steak then chopped up to be dipped in chili.5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    This is the BBQ I was talking about.... I love the soup after an hour or so, my favourite dish by far!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Like me and Pad Kra Pow gai kai dow.......In my mind i find myself in number 6 in Patong when ever i think of this dish.
    breakfast of champions

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I have found a recipe for this and it looks quite an easy one. I must get hubby to have a go at it over the weekend. Annie :-)

Well we had a go at making it last night and I must say I was impressed. The fried egg didn't get crispy, probably due to the oil not being hot enough. (didn't want to make too much of a mess in the kitchen 555).
    Very tasty indeed and we can't wait to try it again, this time with and extra chili maybe. The recipe said use between 2 and 20 chilies to suit your taste. We had 2 but I can't imagine who would want 20! Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Well we had a go at making it last night and I must say I was impressed. The fried egg didn't get crispy, probably due to the oil not being hot enough. (didn't want to make too much of a mess in the kitchen 555).
    Very tasty indeed and we can't wait to try it again, this time with and extra chili maybe. The recipe said use between 2 and 20 chilies to suit your taste. We had 2 but I can't imagine who would want 20! Annie
    555..an Issan family...I would say about 8 for me when I am making a double portion

for the fried egg Thai style..yes use a light vegetable oil, enough to sort of semi deep fry it and get it very hot first...the egg will puff up like a soccer ball when you drop it in..only takes a few seconds and its done