Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Eating out in Thailand

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thai-Spy View Post
    Is the one you mean in Pattaya called Mike's? Mike's Pattaya Mexican Restaurant(TEX-MEX) - Thailand -- haven't tried it, sad to say.

The one near Soi 33 in Bangkok is called Coyote, but frankly their Silom Road (actually Soi Convent) outlet disappointed twice at a premium price so it was time to give up. But perhaps others have had more success with them.
    Thats the one Mikes and is better than Coyote but only slightly cheaper.
    It is big and clean and service is good. 2 people expect to pay a 1000bt....not cheap by LOS stds.

fratech68
    I dont think you can beat the market at Soi Bukhaow in Pattaya 30bht for a plate full of what ever you like ...Also directly across the road from market is a little rest wich has the best larb gai i ever eat...& how could youu beat the som-tom of the the street stalls ..There's nothing like it any where in the world & ive never beenn sick ..."Touch wood"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have to say that Cheers Bar and Grill on Soi 22, Bangkok has some great Thai food. The Chef is from Issan and impressed us so much that Noy insisted on Tipping the Chef personally.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Eating out in Thailand? I'm confused. Is this section about food?
    Tingtong likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    The som tam Thai was a daily ritual for me last couple of trips... got so that I'd just walk in and the mortar & pestle lady was already pounding away! The teenage waitresses, are well groomed and attentive and the bbq kitchen squeaky clean.
    Ao was back home in SamutPrakan recently
    and she said there is a SomTam lady there so popular that you put your order in and they will call you in about 2-3 hours when it is ready, she is that busy!
    Ao swears it is the best she ever had.........and apparently a lot of Thais agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Ao was back home in SamutPrakan recently
    and she said there is a SomTam lady there so popular that you put your order in and they will call you in about 2-3 hours when it is ready, she is that busy!
    Ao swears it is the best she ever had.........and apparently a lot of Thais agree!!
    One of Jo's aunts has a restaurant in Bang Na which is busy, like that. Jo learnt the secret to her aunt's som tam which is the addition of that stinky fermented fish sauce brew.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Cadet Bronze
    Number 1 Seafood Restaurant on Rat-u-thit at patong beach is great food.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Would love to have a guide or some hit picks from people who have been before.
    I can't claim my visit to Terminal 21 this week for a lunch date is a hot pick but I shall not let that inhibit me.

MIX restaurant on the 5th floor. A fruity drink for 75 THB. And the lunchtime promotion dish for 79 THB. Nothing better than a fresh shrimps head to suck on. Sadly my lunch date didn't turn up. I guess she had a better offer, TIT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quarky likes this.

Wow, solid meal for 79B! Been to MIX before as well, was alright. Nice variety of restaurants on that top floor.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I can't claim my visit to Terminal 21 this week for a lunch date is a hot pick but I shall not let that inhibit me.

MIX restaurant on the 5th floor. A fruity drink for 75 THB. And the lunchtime promotion dish for 79 THB. Nothing better than a fresh shrimps head to suck on. Sadly my lunch date didn't turn up. I guess she had a better offer, TIT.
    like how you are bringing all the old threads back to life.....you must have time on your hands....its kinda fun going back and reading the old stuff....go back to day one of chobbys thread....
    Quarky likes this.

^ If I have something to post I look to see where might be appropriate rather than just starting endless new threads repeating the same old things. If this is contrary to the board policy then please do let me know. *smile*

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    ^ If I have something to post I look to see where might be appropriate rather than just starting endless new threads repeating the same old things. If this is contrary to the board policy then please do let me know. *smile*
    i dont think its contrary at all....i think its great...nice to hook up again with the old threads

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Sadly my lunch date didn't turn up. I guess she had a better offer, TIT.
    ah...so you missed out on the "hoi" desert?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ah...so you missed out on the "hoi" desert?
    Did you mean dessert. Or am I missing something. *wink*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12