The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3236
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: What are you eating ?

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Buttering up for cards!
    They are good for it haha.

Bangkok's Michelin stars!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...ok-restaurants

I'd probably leave hungry, and broke >

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ I've had the degustation menus at both Nahm and Gaggan and I didn't leave hungry...sure the servings are small but iirc there was about 8-10 dishes served over the course of the evening...with wine to match

It's not something I do often (in fact I haven't done one this year) but with the right company and in the right mood it can be a great night out...and believe it or not I would spend less money doing this than hitting the BKK Clubs...555
    Stillearly and Cuzzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ I've had the degustation menus at both Nahm and Gaggan and I didn't leave hungry...sure the servings are small but iirc there was about 8-10 dishes served over the course of the evening...with wine to match

It's not something I do often (in fact I haven't done one this year) but with the right company and in the right mood it can be a great night out...and believe it or not I would spend less money doing this than hitting the BKK Clubs...555
    I've never been a fan of degustation menus though I've possibly missed out on those which are done well? IMO it should be as you say, with wine to match, so the the whole event becomes the 'night out'.

Hopefully we'll get to try Nahm, next visit to BKK.
    bacwaan likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

That looks like something left on the plate after someone who doesn't like tomatoes has finished eating.

Unless I suddenly get ill, I always finish what was on my plate to begin with.
    OZZYGUY and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

We know the owner and chef at this place in Whistler

Ao would say.......... "We just get a little and I'm have to go to McDonald's after" 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    That looks like something left on the plate after someone who doesn't like tomatoes has finished eating.

Unless I suddenly get ill, I always finish what was on my plate to begin with.
    Some like quantity, some like quality...

If you're a quantity person, don't go to a Michelin star restaurant...
    If you are a quality kind of person.. It's like an orgasm.. Ultimate sensation.. no need to be full after..
    Distantpeak likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

If you are a quality kind of person.. It's like an orgasm.. Ultimate sensation.. no need to be full after..
    This little piggy like more 555

Well there is quality quantity also...............
    kaptainrob likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    kaptainrob and bacwaan like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well there is quality quantity also...............
    Disagree here.. Have not eaten in many Michelin star restaurants, though I worked at one (as a student)..

Philosophy was that you need to be satisfied, but not full.. Leave some eagerness and don't wear people out, like most restaurants aim to..
    Distantpeak likes this.

Disagree here.. Have not eaten in many Michelin star restaurants, though I worked at one (as a student)..

Philosophy was that you need to be satisfied, but not full.. Leave some eagerness and don't wear people out, like most restaurants aim to..
    I was talking food overall not just Michelin

Although there is a 6dollar noodle stall in Singapore with a Michelin star
    I am sure that is both quantity and quality

I'm not into high end ending but I don't have a bad word to say about anyone that is.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    You don't have to substitute quantity for quality... or the reverse. I see no sense in putting out tiny portions in a multitude of plates when one plate will do.

I remember going to a average looking restaurant in Chiang Rai. I didn't look at the menu and just ordered my usual Kow Padt Gai that you can get just about anywhere for 30 to 40 baht. I was the only person in the place. 20 minutes later I was served a tiny portion of the stir fried rice with a few small bits of chicken in it... but on a fancy square plate with pretty flowers (that you can't eat) scattered around the food. I had to pay extra for water. The bill came to 150 baht...and no, I didn't leave a tip. Afterwards, I realized why there was nobody else eating there at what would normally be "supper time".

A kilometer down the road I stopped at a 7-11 to get a REAL meal for 35 baht. 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    We know the owner and chef at this place in Whistler

Ao would say.......... "We just get a little and I'm have to go to McDonald's after" 555
    I'm with you on that. I'll eat what everyone else left as well 555
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Back when I was married and living in Sydney we had great friends who were gourmet cooks and loved great food and wine...we would often have dinner at their house or invite them to ours and both of us always took the trouble to create great meals...they were wonderful hosts but they were very thin and ate like sparrows...their portions were like rationing at war time 555

anyway after a great night with them we would often stop somewhere and have an extra snack on the way home...mostly an ice-cream or a piece of cake or pie as they didn't really do desserts

anyway one night on the way over to their house for dinner we were talking about how tiny the food portions were that they gave us and had a good laugh...as we rounded the next corner we saw our favourite pastitsi (a Maltese savoury pastry..like a mini-cornish pasty) shop beckoning us in as we had only eaten brunch so far that day...so we gave in and decided to have one...when we ordered the lady said "minimum order 6 pieces please" so we grabbed up the order promising ourselves to just have the one...as you can imagine with the smell and taste of these hot little delicious pockets all 3 pieces each were gone in 3 minutes flat...and we were smiling and laughing at how naughty we had just been

As we got to our friend's house we made a pact never to speak of the great insult we had just delivered upon them without their knowledge...and of course when we got inside we could smell the beautiful whole shoulder of lamb they were cooking in the oven with another whole pan of vegetables (potatoes. pumpkin, turnip, carrots etc etc) under those to go with it...

They explained that they had another lot of our friends coming but they had to cancel at the last minute due to babysitter issues...and continued to pile our plates after every morsel we ate 555...serves us right...it was almost as if they knew the deceit we had committed not an hour earlier...555
    Last edited by bacwaan; 7th December 2017 at 18:50.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar

Do what you want - spend anything you want to spend - up to you.

What tires me at age 60 is the implication that said morsels are somehow better than what I just ate.

I enjoyed what I just ate , actually REALLY enjoyed it !

Not sure if a rubber merchants 'approval' would make it any more delicious...

If "art" is about what You like , then I just had what I really like...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Summink like this last night.
    One of the best feeds since I've been back home.

Ian Forbes and Cuzzy like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

^ We just finished our last Woolies corned beef out of freezer, more arriving from Oz next week
    Cheers, Rob.

^ We just finished our last Woolies corned beef out of freezer, more arriving from Oz next week
    I lived in NYC for 13 years
    Home of the corned beef/pastrami

And the best corned beef sandwich I ever had wss from two Aussie guys in Vancouver
    They have an extremely popular small sandwich shop chain

Very simple menu
    Porcetta Sandwiches

And the incredible corned beef
    Attached Images Attached Images

For lovers of mustard sauce, an easy recipe here > Nana's Mustard Sauce recipe – All recipes Australia NZ

Mustard powder can go off, and oh boy does it taste awful! I keep a jar of prepared Hot English in the fridge and use that instead. Use sparingly at first and add to finished sauce, whisking it in, to taste. You can make a large quantity in advance and reheat before serving or store balance for next day.
    Cheers, Rob.