Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 184 of 266 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 5307
Like Tree2881Likes

Thread: What are you eating ?

  1. #3661
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Could well be right... though if it was that high in sugar, you would expect them to be overweight...

    I wonder if Rakthai can offer any insight?
    You guys are adding myth upon myth upon myth, and you're asking me for insight? 555

    Type 1 diabetes has 4 known causes: hereditary, toxins, pancreatitis, auto-immune. No direct diet factors involved.
    Indirect diet factors exist in toxins. Known toxins causing diabetes 1 are arsenic and dioxin. Arsenic is in sand and well water, and in certain types of industry.
    Dioxin is synthesized, but was used as a herbicide and the major component of Agent Orange. Fish accumulate dioxin, especially in the intestines and around the heart. So people with a high fish consumption and using the whole fish have a high dioxin intake.

    Type 2 diabetes is more complicated. Obesity is the major risk factor, although not all obese will get diabetes 2 and not all diabetes 2 patients are obese..
    Ethnicity plays a role, as does family history.
    Other factors are age, inactivity, fat distribution in your body (abdominal fat has a higher influence than other locations..) and some specific medical conditions like pregnancy, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and diseases that give excess of steroids (including steroids injections).

    Again, no direct link between sugar intake and diabetes, although refined sugars are a major contributor to weight gain.

    In my opinion, a healthy diet is a varied and balanced diet. Excluding one single food-source, be it fats, or carb's or meat or whatever often leads to deficiency of essential nutrients. This is just my opinion, not proven fact.
    Excluding or limiting certain food additives however (like MSG, refined sugars, conservatives, coloring, etc.), will benefit health!
    kaptainrob and Ian Forbes like this.

  2. #3662
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    This is what the picture looked like for the Strawberry Green Teen with a hint of red

    She then proceeded to ask if I want extra sugar, then tapioca

    I just wanted an iced tea!

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk


    I like how you have the option of less sugar though. I had a gong Cha almost every day in KL.

  3. #3663
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    I am back on a diet again atm after getting a very rude shock at my last yearly health check...I knew it was coming but I weighed in at 101.5 kilos (way too much for me at 173cms) blood pressure was high and sugar levels acceptable but in the higher range of that...

    I have tried following low fat, low sugar, low carbs and unprocessed food diets all with reasonable results but at the end of the day I just end up eventually eating too much food...I really need to eat a low calorie diet with a mix of all of the above in it to shift the weight these days..so I am eating a 1300-1500 calorie a day plan which is low in sodium, sugar and fat with small amounts of meat and carbs (mostly in the form of fruit and veg) for two meals a day..I eat some rice (brown or riceberry only as they have a much lower GI Index) and I have a couple of snacks wich are mostly a boiled egg or a piece of fruit...

    I've been on this for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be working...(haven't weight myself but my clothes are fitting better) however next week I am travelling for 3 weeks in The PI so I won't be able to control it nearly as well...hopefully being more active with scuba diving and walking around new cities will help...but booze is a killer...even a San Miguel Light (light on calories not alcohol) comes in at 100 calories...I could do my whole diet on a night out...555

  4. #3664
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I am back on a diet again atm after getting a very rude shock at my last yearly health check...I knew it was coming but I weighed in at 101.5 kilos (way too much for me at 173cms) blood pressure was high and sugar levels acceptable but in the higher range of that...

    I have tried following low fat, low sugar, low carbs and unprocessed food diets all with reasonable results but at the end of the day I just end up eventually eating too much food...I really need to eat a low calorie diet with a mix of all of the above in it to shift the weight these days..so I am eating a 1300-1500 calorie a day plan which is low in sodium, sugar and fat with small amounts of meat and carbs (mostly in the form of fruit and veg) for two meals a day..I eat some rice (brown or riceberry only as they have a much lower GI Index) and I have a couple of snacks wich are mostly a boiled egg or a piece of fruit...

    I've been on this for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be working...(haven't weight myself but my clothes are fitting better) however next week I am travelling for 3 weeks in The PI so I won't be able to control it nearly as well...hopefully being more active with scuba diving and walking around new cities will help...but booze is a killer...even a San Miguel Light (light on calories not alcohol) comes in at 100 calories...I could do my whole diet on a night out...555
    If you are trying to cut down on how much you est do the 16-8 intermitten fasting along with eating healthy

    It really isn't hard after the 1st few days

  5. #3665
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If you are trying to cut down on how much you est do the 16-8 intermitten fasting along with eating healthy

    It really isn't hard after the 1st few days
    555...forgot to say that I am doing that incorporated into the diet as well...I mean business...

  6. #3666
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    555...forgot to say that I am doing that incorporated into the diet as well...I mean business...
    It's really not that hard
    Some days I do 18-6.....mostly on Saturday and Sunday

    Although the TSX exchange went down on Friday right before i was going to get lunch
    So i inadvertently did like 20-4!!!

    I was seeing ghosts by the time the market finally closed 5555
    bacwaan likes this.

  7. #3667
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,975
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    You guys are adding myth upon myth upon myth, and you're asking me for insight? 555

    Type 1 diabetes has 4 known causes: hereditary, toxins, pancreatitis, auto-immune. No direct diet factors involved.
    Indirect diet factors exist in toxins. Known toxins causing diabetes 1 are arsenic and dioxin. Arsenic is in sand and well water, and in certain types of industry.
    Dioxin is synthesized, but was used as a herbicide and the major component of Agent Orange. Fish accumulate dioxin, especially in the intestines and around the heart. So people with a high fish consumption and using the whole fish have a high dioxin intake.

    Type 2 diabetes is more complicated. Obesity is the major risk factor, although not all obese will get diabetes 2 and not all diabetes 2 patients are obese..
    Ethnicity plays a role, as does family history.
    Other factors are age, inactivity, fat distribution in your body (abdominal fat has a higher influence than other locations..) and some specific medical conditions like pregnancy, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and diseases that give excess of steroids (including steroids injections).

    Again, no direct link between sugar intake and diabetes, although refined sugars are a major contributor to weight gain.

    In my opinion, a healthy diet is a varied and balanced diet. Excluding one single food-source, be it fats, or carb's or meat or whatever often leads to deficiency of essential nutrients. This is just my opinion, not proven fact.
    Excluding or limiting certain food additives however (like MSG, refined sugars, conservatives, coloring, etc.), will benefit health!
    Good info thanks, but didn't really answer my question though... 55

    Is it a recent thing... the increase in the incidence of diabetes in Thailand... or is it the same as it was say 50 years ago? Any ideas?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  8. #3668
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,772
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    You guys are adding myth upon myth upon myth, and you're asking me for insight? 555
    But gee whiz, Rak, we LOVE our myths. 5555

    Sounds like the media in the world today. Start out with a pre-described theory, then only look for and accept information that supports it... whether it is factual or not.

  9. #3669
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    It's really not that hard
    Some days I do 18-6.....mostly on Saturday and Sunday

    Although the TSX exchange went down on Friday right before i was going to get lunch
    So i inadvertently did like 20-4!!!

    I was seeing ghosts by the time the market finally closed 5555

    I have been pushing 20-4 a few days as well....I find that I can go for most of the day up until 4 even 5pm pretty easily but still want to eat after 10-11pm...even though I know I have had enough food...sometimes te hunger goes away easily with a glass of water but sometimes it niggles...so I always have a boiled egg or two stashed in the fridge in case it keeps me awake...

  10. #3670
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Good info thanks, but didn't really answer my question though... 55

    Is it a recent thing... the increase in the incidence of diabetes in Thailand... or is it the same as it was say 50 years ago? Any ideas?
    Do you think the incidence of obesity in Thailand has increased or decreased over the last 50 years? 555

  11. #3671
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I have been pushing 20-4 a few days as well....I find that I can go for most of the day up until 4 even 5pm pretty easily but still want to eat after 10-11pm...even though I know I have had enough food...sometimes te hunger goes away easily with a glass of water but sometimes it niggles...so I always have a boiled egg or two stashed in the fridge in case it keeps me awake...
    Intermittent fasting is really not a good idea for you! It disturbs your BP and your sugar levels, but more than that, it creates an obsession with food where you are forced to stop listening to your body!
    Leave that trendy shit to the young and healthy, they have bodies that can deal with that kind of abuse! 555

    Also a bad idea to eat boiled eggs for your cravings. Boiled egg is proteins and fats, both of which you don't need or want! The craving comes from the sensation of an empty stomach and the dropping of blood-sugars..
    So my idea would be to fulfill that craving with volume and a touch of sugars.. For example some fruit salad or veg salad..

  12. #3672
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I have been pushing 20-4 a few days as well....I find that I can go for most of the day up until 4 even 5pm pretty easily but still want to eat after 10-11pm...even though I know I have had enough food...sometimes te hunger goes away easily with a glass of water but sometimes it niggles...so I always have a boiled egg or two stashed in the fridge in case it keeps me awake...
    If I get hungry late night I go to bed 5555

  13. #3673
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,111
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I am back on a diet again atm after getting a very rude shock at my last yearly health check...I knew it was coming but I weighed in at 101.5 kilos (way too much for me at 173cms) blood pressure was high and sugar levels acceptable but in the higher range of that...

    I have tried following low fat, low sugar, low carbs and unprocessed food diets all with reasonable results but at the end of the day I just end up eventually eating too much food...I really need to eat a low calorie diet with a mix of all of the above in it to shift the weight these days..so I am eating a 1300-1500 calorie a day plan which is low in sodium, sugar and fat with small amounts of meat and carbs (mostly in the form of fruit and veg) for two meals a day..I eat some rice (brown or riceberry only as they have a much lower GI Index) and I have a couple of snacks wich are mostly a boiled egg or a piece of fruit...

    I've been on this for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be working...(haven't weight myself but my clothes are fitting better) however next week I am travelling for 3 weeks in The PI so I won't be able to control it nearly as well...hopefully being more active with scuba diving and walking around new cities will help...but booze is a killer...even a San Miguel Light (light on calories not alcohol) comes in at 100 calories...I could do my whole diet on a night out...555
    I would invest in a good scale so you don't have wait every 6 months to a year to know your weight..55 And I suggest a spin class. I've been doing that the last couple months and the results are very positive. Add a little weight training for your pecs and thighs and butt. The bigger muscles burn calories. Good luck.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  14. #3674
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,975
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Intermittent fasting is really not a good idea for you! It disturbs your BP and your sugar levels, but more than that, it creates an obsession with food where you are forced to stop listening to your body!
    Leave that trendy shit to the young and healthy, they have bodies that can deal with that kind of abuse! 555

    Also a bad idea to eat boiled eggs for your cravings. Boiled egg is proteins and fats, both of which you don't need or want! The craving comes from the sensation of an empty stomach and the dropping of blood-sugars..
    So my idea would be to fulfill that craving with volume and a touch of sugars.. For example some fruit salad or veg salad..
    The rest I agree with... but I disagree about the last bit. Eating protein staves off hunger for longer and is harder for the body to convert to sugars/ fats. So Nels... boiled egg is not such a bad idea... as opposed to the alternatives... though that time of night... eating nothing is better... 55 Or just a few raw nuts. That's what I have if I am peckish between meals.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  15. #3675
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,975
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Do you think the incidence of obesity in Thailand has increased or decreased over the last 50 years? 555
    Increased.... I would guess... and would expect diabetes to have increased with it... so was the diet of rural Thai people reasonably healthy back in those times?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  16. #3676
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,772
    In her last 4 years of life, Pui was eating all sorts of pills each day. When I first met her she was quite slim, but after 2 years taking some new pills she stared putting on weight and became quite chubby. I have no idea what any of the pills were, but I do know her diet did not change. Her mother did all the cooking and the meals were pretty much the same: white rice, some veggies and some sort of meat sauce... and never very much. That told me that various ingredients do have immense affect on our bodies.

  17. #3677
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Intermittent fasting is really not a good idea for you! It disturbs your BP and your sugar levels, but more than that, it creates an obsession with food where you are forced to stop listening to your body!
    Leave that trendy shit to the young and healthy, they have bodies that can deal with that kind of abuse! 555

    Also a bad idea to eat boiled eggs for your cravings. Boiled egg is proteins and fats, both of which you don't need or want! The craving comes from the sensation of an empty stomach and the dropping of blood-sugars..
    So my idea would be to fulfill that craving with volume and a touch of sugars.. For example some fruit salad or veg salad..
    How does it create an obsession with food?

    I find the complete opposite
    My body/stomach has adjusted and is not desiring as much food

    I'm not sitting and salivating waiting until I can eat
    Quite the opposite

  18. #3678
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,975
    ^It would create an obsession for food if you were addicted to a high sugar diet.... if not... then it shouldn't. Though you would also be quite slim too... eventually... because of what you are eating...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  19. #3679
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^It would create an obsession for food if you were addicted to a high sugar diet.... if not... then it shouldn't. Though you would also be quite slim too... eventually... because of what you are eating...
    I'd say I had a pretty high sugar diet
    Within days I am not craving at all

    I just think the fasting reduces your cravings and amount of food you need to feel full

    So its the opposite of creating an obsession, IMO

  20. #3680
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    The rest I agree with... but I disagree about the last bit. Eating protein staves off hunger for longer and is harder for the body to convert to sugars/ fats. So Nels... boiled egg is not such a bad idea... as opposed to the alternatives... though that time of night... eating nothing is better... 55 Or just a few raw nuts. That's what I have if I am peckish between meals.
    I also eat nuts as a snack if hungry
    I have read there is so many benefits to eating nuts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •