The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211 LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4208
Like Tree2152Likes

Thread: What are you eating ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

And this Malay recipe looks tastier and may prove a better starting point > https://www.vahrehvah.com/curry-leaf-pepper-chicken

So earlier today I was thinking what can I cook today. I tried this Rob and it was excellent. I did exactly as per the recipe but only added 1/2 the pepper and then tossed in some pepper corns.

Well worth a try.
    kaptainrob and OzzyDamo like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Menu for tonight at our favourite local restaurant, not cheap, but you don't usually leave unsatisfied.............

PeteGill, kaptainrob and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Menu for tonight at our favourite local restaurant, not cheap, but you don't usually leave unsatisfied.............

$62/head for steak, chips and veges! WOW bottle of wine and you'll push $150 out of your wallet.

Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    Why does it say for two... but the price is per person? So one person couldn't order this meal for themselves?
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Immortality to follow within 5 years...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    $62/head for steak, chips and veges! WOW bottle of wine and you'll push $150 out of your wallet.
    only one ... the meal isn't ready for 50 mins , would already be on number two when it arrives
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Why does it say for two... but the price is per person? So one person couldn't order this meal for themselves?
    Same with Chateaubriand , I guess you could order the whole thing for yourself , but would have to pay more
    Distantpeak likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I guess the fact that its almost a kilo of meat (900 grammes) indicates it is for 2 people...even then a half kilo each is pushing the boat out a bit...I guess they could call it The Meat Lovers Special...although at that price it ain't such a "special"...

I had an AUS Tomahawk steak here recently which I bought from Makro...it was just over a kilo...I cooked it on my BBQ and we had mash and peas with it...we split it between 4 of us...me, my mate and 2 TGs...let's just say that the BGs got the better of us..with the Tomahawk and the red wines...555
    Distantpeak likes this.

I took the girlfriend for dinner last night.

The food was pretty good......

I ate Crispy skin Pork Belly with Saffron rice and Asian vegetables and the girlfriend Angus Beef rump steak with chips and salad.

The hotel puts on a "two for the price of one" on Wednesday so provides for a good meal at an affordable cost of $33.00

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    I took the girlfriend for dinner last night.

The food was pretty good......

I ate Crispy skin Pork Belly with Saffron rice and Asian vegetables and the girlfriend Angus Beef rump steak with chips and salad.

The hotel puts on a "two for the price of one" on Wednesday so provides for a good meal at an affordable cost of $33.00

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg
    I rest my case in the US vs Aussie steak
    I don't even need to call a witness after that picture 5555

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I rest my case in the US vs Aussie steak
    I don't even need to call a witness after that picture 5555
    5555555....... This was a pub meal dude and although the steak was good, tasty and tender, was not an accurate example of what you can actually get at a better class of venue..... 5555.....

BTW, i dont really find it appealing at all to eat a slab of meat based on size (big), leaving the venue full to the hills....... Yanks seem to categorize everything on size (remember that movie super size me 5555), being bigger = better 5555

Finally, look at my portion size of the crispy Pork dish... Believe me when i say i didnt clean that plate off as i was satisfied, leaving some still uneaten.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    5555555....... This was a pub meal dude and although the steak was good, tasty and tender, was not an accurate example of what you can actually get at a better class of venue..... 5555.....

BTW, i dont really find it appealing at all to eat a slab of meat based on size (big), leaving the venue full to the hills....... Yanks seem to categorize everything on size (remember that movie super size me 5555), being bigger = better 5555

Finally, look at my portion size of the crispy Pork dish... Believe me when i say i didnt clean that plate off as i was satisfied, leaving some still uneaten.
    There is a pub here in Perth in Subiaco that is doing $3.50 Steak (similar to above) and $5 pints of 1 local beer, but only on a Tuesday Night. The steak is I think either 150 or 200grams.
    Most local pubs here in Perth and doing at least one cheap meal every night to try and get people back through their doors.

The pub I was at for lunch yesterday does a meal special every night (Mon to Friday), one of there's was a $20 Steak, Chips & Salad.
    A bit more expensive, but they were offering a 250g steak

The West Australian Newspaper today has included a guide to pubs etc that are doing meals for under $20, so will have a look later and see what is on offer.
    Cobba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    There is a pub here in Perth in Subiaco that is doing $3.50 Steak (similar to above) and $5 pints of 1 local beer, but only on a Tuesday Night. The steak is I think either 150 or 200grams.
    Most local pubs here in Perth and doing at least one cheap meal every night to try and get people back through their doors.

The pub I was at for lunch yesterday does a meal special every night (Mon to Friday), one of there's was a $20 Steak, Chips & Salad.
    A bit more expensive, but they were offering a 250g steak

The West Australian Newspaper today has included a guide to pubs etc that are doing meals for under $20, so will have a look later and see what is on offer.
    In Vancouver most places now have Happy Hour 3-6pm and them 9pm-12am
    One great place has HH 44-9pm Mon thru Thursday

On Saturdays if I don't have plans I usually hit both happy hours
    Last Saturday I spent 68cad all day and had a bunch of beers and two good meals
    Cobba likes this.

Tonight there is no girlfriend to eat with me so I decide to cook at home..... eat alone ..... eat healthy 55555553BBEC864-0601-4B78-8661-BFBE4AF64AA4.jpgA6C25D83-6E27-4660-88EF-2B01E07485C0.jpg

Tonight there is no girlfriend to eat with me so I decide to cook at home..... eat alone ..... eat healthy 55555553BBEC864-0601-4B78-8661-BFBE4AF64AA4.jpgA6C25D83-6E27-4660-88EF-2B01E07485C0.jpg
    Your meat pies look store bought, 're-heated' at home. On par with IF's scrambled left-overs ... good bachelor food but not up to TD's high standards .. ok, got it?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Didnt you mention earlier you could cook....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    2 "dogs eyes"..gotta love that 55

Don't mind a decent gourmet pie now and then but prefer a sausage roll.

Torry at the DUP makes a great curry mince pie.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

I was all hyped up about Torrys pies but was disapointed. Maybe im too fussy or just had a bad day. Im back in late Nov will give them another go.

Cobba DUP = Down under pub. its our hang out in Chiang mai
    PeteGill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    2 "dogs eyes"..gotta love that 55

Don't mind a decent gourmet pie now and then but prefer a sausage roll.

The old man in work had homemade sausage rolls

I was heading downstairs at 8am to get a banana and yogurt but he offered me a sausage roll

It was great but felt like a brick in my stomach all day

So sausage roll great
    Just maybe not at 8am 5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I was all hyped up about Torrys pies but was disapointed. Maybe im too fussy or just had a bad day. Im back in late Nov will give them another go.

Cobba DUP = Down under pub. its our hang out in Chiang mai
    I was left less than impressed with the pie I had there the previous trip. Did not even bother going in last trip.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I've only had his curry pies. Had 3 on Oz day 55 as did a few others.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS