The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 233 of 237 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4729
Like Tree2537Likes

Thread: What are you eating ?

  1. #4641
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Yeah I don’t eat the shit and when I do the shopping I don’t buy it but it always seems to find its way in the cupboard......55
    That does not surprise me after seeing what is offered in an Asian food market...

    OZZYGUY likes this.

  2. #4642
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    You consider Spam a treat ....??? 555
    55..well for them (OZ +J's Kids) perhaps..but not me

    I remember buying tins of food for camping trips when we were kids...including spam, bully beef (a kind of corned beef in a tin) sausages and veges in a tin, tuna, baked beans etc etc....man we used to stink up the tent back then...555

    I hardly ever eat anything out of a can these days...maybe kidney beans for a pot of chilli which I like to make once in a while...I won't drink anything out of a can either..perhaps those camping trips left an indelible stamp on my "culinary psyche"...555
    Chob and Stillearly like this.

  3. #4643
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    for those who have never seen it.....



    Last edited by bacwaan; 10th January 2019 at 12:03.

  4. #4644
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    That does not surprise me after seeing what is offered in an Asian food market...

    Believe it or not and as much of a nature buff as you are so I am sure you know

    But those have so much more nutrition than spam

  5. #4645
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,036
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    55..well for them (OZ +J's Kids) perhaps..but not me

    I remember buying tins of food for camping trips when we were kids...including spam, bully beef (a kind of corned beef in a tin) sausages and veges in a tin, tuna, baked beans etc etc....man we used to stink up the tent back then...555

    I hardly ever eat anything out of a can these days...maybe kidney beans for a pot of chilli which I like to make once in a while...I won't drink anything out of a can either..perhaps those camping trips left an indelible stamp on my "culinary psyche"...555
    That’s because I never even thought of it
    But I never eat out of a can either

    The only thing is sometimes corn when it’s not summer and there is no corn on the cob

  6. #4646
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,994
    I do , baked beans , soups , sardines , tuna , tomatoes...

  7. #4647
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I do , baked beans , soups , sardines , tuna , tomatoes...
    Oh yeah tuna

    But they are coming in sealed bags now and it seems fresher that way

    I hate soups out of cans
    Actually for one of the rainiest cities in the world Vancouver sucks for soup!
    In NYC they have places that only sell soup

  8. #4648
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,036
    Oh about once a year I go old school and get a can of Spaghettios

    This crap kid pasta I used to eat by Heinz 5555

  9. #4649
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,151
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Believe it or not and as much of a nature buff as you are so I am sure you know

    But those have so much more nutrition than spam
    Hey if it is good enough for Bear Grylls 5555

  10. #4650
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Believe it or not and as much of a nature buff as you are so I am sure you know

    But those have so much more nutrition than spam
    Unfortunately they are heavily deep fried, often in shit oil (polyfats, old and overcooked to black..carcinogenic) and then doused in salt...the animal protein factor is great..but I won't eat them because of the preparation rather than the idea of them bieng an insect/cricket etc...

    mind...I wouldn't eat the spiders even if they were the healthiest thing on earth...555

  11. #4651
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,393
    Beef cheeks are so nice when done well. Just melts in your mouth. Red wine sauce, feta and mash. The only thing that could have topped it was a cigar and a blow job.

    Last edited by Bacon; 10th January 2019 at 17:15.
    bacwaan and Stillearly like this.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

  12. #4652
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    ^ for me the best cut on the animal...my mum used to cook them for us when were kids as the old man loved them, but we would turn our noses up at them....stupid children...cut fwd 20 odd years and I had them again at my uncles house in France..slow cooked in red wine with carrots, celery, garlic and onions (+ a few other herbs and spices..+ a couple of peache halves which were taken out and eaten separately afterwards with a glass of dessert wine) they were reduced down overnight until they were sticky and so sweet....just how Mum used to cook them..and I couldn't get enough...

    Funnily enough on the same trip I was taken to one of Paris' grand Bistros by a family friend...where the house specialty was stuffed pigs trotters..just like mum used to make as well...man I scoffed 2 serves of those fuckers one straight after the other...same again waiter

    I couldn't wait to get back to OZ and have Mum make both dishes again for me...which she happily did one sunday...and she watched over me eating both...trotters first, followed by the cheeks, followed by the peaches with a dollop of honeyed, spiced, whipped cream which she added...with a huge smile on her face...555

    Since then they were regulars on the menu whenever I visited home again..along with her lamb shanks..and whole baked schnapper in sea salt crust...
    Last edited by bacwaan; 10th January 2019 at 18:18.
    justcruzing1 and Bacon like this.

  13. #4653
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,970
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    A result of being US Army occupied in WWII I am afraid...go anywhere in the Pacific Islands and its the same...there are usually a couple of spam dishes centrepiece on any banquet table..Samoa and Tonga in particular
    Dont they ever !
    I was deemed a special guest at a Fia Fia ( feast ) in Neuifu in Tonga - and they gave me a bread and butter plate of something that didnt look too good.
    When I asked what it was they showed me it was the jelly fat that surrounded the Spam in the can.
    A Kiwi I knew that had worked in exports said that the Spam that goes to Tonga , Samoa , and The Cook Islands has less meet and more fat than the NZ/Aus stuff because thats how they wanted it..

    Jesus it was fcukin awful..
    bacwaan likes this.

  14. #4654
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,970
    Out for a basic 300 baht ( for 3 of us ) lunch with the tg and Som..
    A friend cooked it at a beach side tent.
    Very good it was to.







    kaptainrob, bacwaan and Tingtong like this.

  15. #4655
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    ^ I am guessing that it's not the same Anda I know..he'd be a bit young to produce this delicious (and inexpensive) looking meal...555

  16. #4656
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,970
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ I am guessing that it's not the same Anda I know..he'd be a bit young to produce this delicious (and inexpensive) looking meal...555
    Yes , NE has a friend from Chiang Rai called 'Bee' or 'Nong Bee'.
    And she has a 4 year old boy named Anda .
    Nong Bee has 3 restaurants here , mainly doing Lana food.
    bacwaan likes this.

  17. #4657
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    ah...the "other" Anda and Mum...funny story there...at your 60th BP I was standing having a beer and a chat with Linc...and there was a kid standing just by us who I assumed was his boy Anda...anyway Linc went off to the loo or bar somewhere so I leant down and asked him if he was Anda (in Thai) and he confirmed he was...after a wee bit he put his arms out for me to pick him up so I did..and we continued on having a nice little chat...

    anyway after a couple of minutes this nice lady came over and stood next to us all friendly and smiling..she introduced herself and we had we chat as well...with him still in my arms I asked her if she knew Anda....and she said yes, he is my son.....could have knocked me down with a feather...Bloody Linc had arrived back by then too and didn't say a word...555

    Imagine doing that with a strangers kid back in AUS..you'd be crucified....555
    justcruzing1, Chob and Ian Forbes like this.

  18. #4658
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ah...the "other" Anda and Mum...funny story there...at your 60th BP I was standing having a beer and a chat with Linc...and there was a kid standing just by us who I assumed was his boy Anda...anyway Linc went off to the loo or bar somewhere so I leant down and asked him if he was Anda (in Thai) and he confirmed he was...after a wee bit he put his arms out for me to pick him up so I did..and we continued on having a nice little chat...

    anyway after a couple of minutes this nice lady came over and stood next to us all friendly and smiling..she introduced herself and we had we chat as well...with him still in my arms I asked her if she knew Anda....and she said yes, he is my son.....could have knocked me down with a feather...Bloody Linc had arrived back by then too and didn't say a word...555

    Imagine doing that with a strangers kid back in AUS..you'd be crucified....555
    Sounds like a bloody nice kid and one anybody would be proud of.

  19. #4659
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Sounds like a bloody nice kid and one anybody would be proud of.
    Both Andas are lovely boys...friendly, smart, chatty and handsome young fellas...they will both do OK in this world I am sure

  20. #4660
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,036
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ for me the best cut on the animal...my mum used to cook them for us when were kids as the old man loved them, but we would turn our noses up at them....stupid children...cut fwd 20 odd years and I had them again at my uncles house in France..slow cooked in red wine with carrots, celery, garlic and onions (+ a few other herbs and spices..+ a couple of peache halves which were taken out and eaten separately afterwards with a glass of dessert wine) they were reduced down overnight until they were sticky and so sweet....just how Mum used to cook them..and I couldn't get enough...

    Funnily enough on the same trip I was taken to one of Paris' grand Bistros by a family friend...where the house specialty was stuffed pigs trotters..just like mum used to make as well...man I scoffed 2 serves of those fuckers one straight after the other...same again waiter

    I couldn't wait to get back to OZ and have Mum make both dishes again for me...which she happily did one sunday...and she watched over me eating both...trotters first, followed by the cheeks, followed by the peaches with a dollop of honeyed, spiced, whipped cream which she added...with a huge smile on her face...555

    Since then they were regulars on the menu whenever I visited home again..along with her lamb shanks..and whole baked schnapper in sea salt crust...
    I never had beef cheeks but pork cheeks is a my favorite dish in the world

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •