The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 233 of 237 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4729
Like Tree2537Likes

Thread: What are you eating ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Yeah I don’t eat the shit and when I do the shopping I don’t buy it but it always seems to find its way in the cupboard......55
    That does not surprise me after seeing what is offered in an Asian food market...

OZZYGUY likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    You consider Spam a treat ....??? 555
    55..well for them (OZ +J's Kids) perhaps..but not me

I remember buying tins of food for camping trips when we were kids...including spam, bully beef (a kind of corned beef in a tin) sausages and veges in a tin, tuna, baked beans etc etc....man we used to stink up the tent back then...555

I hardly ever eat anything out of a can these days...maybe kidney beans for a pot of chilli which I like to make once in a while...I won't drink anything out of a can either..perhaps those camping trips left an indelible stamp on my "culinary psyche"...555
    Chob and Stillearly like this.

for those who have never seen it.....

Last edited by bacwaan; 10th January 2019 at 12:03.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    That does not surprise me after seeing what is offered in an Asian food market...

Believe it or not and as much of a nature buff as you are so I am sure you know

But those have so much more nutrition than spam

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    55..well for them (OZ +J's Kids) perhaps..but not me

I remember buying tins of food for camping trips when we were kids...including spam, bully beef (a kind of corned beef in a tin) sausages and veges in a tin, tuna, baked beans etc etc....man we used to stink up the tent back then...555

I hardly ever eat anything out of a can these days...maybe kidney beans for a pot of chilli which I like to make once in a while...I won't drink anything out of a can either..perhaps those camping trips left an indelible stamp on my "culinary psyche"...555
    That’s because I never even thought of it
    But I never eat out of a can either

The only thing is sometimes corn when it’s not summer and there is no corn on the cob

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I do , baked beans , soups , sardines , tuna , tomatoes...

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I do , baked beans , soups , sardines , tuna , tomatoes...
    Oh yeah tuna

But they are coming in sealed bags now and it seems fresher that way

I hate soups out of cans
    Actually for one of the rainiest cities in the world Vancouver sucks for soup!
    In NYC they have places that only sell soup

Oh about once a year I go old school and get a can of Spaghettios

This crap kid pasta I used to eat by Heinz 5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Hey if it is good enough for Bear Grylls 5555

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Unfortunately they are heavily deep fried, often in shit oil (polyfats, old and overcooked to black..carcinogenic) and then doused in salt...the animal protein factor is great..but I won't eat them because of the preparation rather than the idea of them bieng an insect/cricket etc...

mind...I wouldn't eat the spiders even if they were the healthiest thing on earth...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Beef cheeks are so nice when done well. Just melts in your mouth. Red wine sauce, feta and mash. The only thing that could have topped it was a cigar and a blow job.

Last edited by Bacon; 10th January 2019 at 17:15.
    bacwaan and Stillearly like this.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

^ for me the best cut on the animal...my mum used to cook them for us when were kids as the old man loved them, but we would turn our noses up at them....stupid children...cut fwd 20 odd years and I had them again at my uncles house in France..slow cooked in red wine with carrots, celery, garlic and onions (+ a few other herbs and spices..+ a couple of peache halves which were taken out and eaten separately afterwards with a glass of dessert wine) they were reduced down overnight until they were sticky and so sweet....just how Mum used to cook them..and I couldn't get enough...

Funnily enough on the same trip I was taken to one of Paris' grand Bistros by a family friend...where the house specialty was stuffed pigs trotters..just like mum used to make as well...man I scoffed 2 serves of those fuckers one straight after the other...same again waiter

I couldn't wait to get back to OZ and have Mum make both dishes again for me...which she happily did one sunday...and she watched over me eating both...trotters first, followed by the cheeks, followed by the peaches with a dollop of honeyed, spiced, whipped cream which she added...with a huge smile on her face...555

Since then they were regulars on the menu whenever I visited home again..along with her lamb shanks..and whole baked schnapper in sea salt crust...
    Last edited by bacwaan; 10th January 2019 at 18:18.
    justcruzing1 and Bacon like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    A result of being US Army occupied in WWII I am afraid...go anywhere in the Pacific Islands and its the same...there are usually a couple of spam dishes centrepiece on any banquet table..Samoa and Tonga in particular
    Dont they ever !
    I was deemed a special guest at a Fia Fia ( feast ) in Neuifu in Tonga - and they gave me a bread and butter plate of something that didnt look too good.
    When I asked what it was they showed me it was the jelly fat that surrounded the Spam in the can.
    A Kiwi I knew that had worked in exports said that the Spam that goes to Tonga , Samoa , and The Cook Islands has less meet and more fat than the NZ/Aus stuff because thats how they wanted it..

Jesus it was fcukin awful..
    bacwaan likes this.

Out for a basic 300 baht ( for 3 of us ) lunch with the tg and Som..
    A friend cooked it at a beach side tent.
    Very good it was to.

kaptainrob, bacwaan and Tingtong like this.

^ I am guessing that it's not the same Anda I know..he'd be a bit young to produce this delicious (and inexpensive) looking meal...555

^ I am guessing that it's not the same Anda I know..he'd be a bit young to produce this delicious (and inexpensive) looking meal...555
    Yes , NE has a friend from Chiang Rai called 'Bee' or 'Nong Bee'.
    And she has a 4 year old boy named Anda .
    Nong Bee has 3 restaurants here , mainly doing Lana food.
    bacwaan likes this.

ah...the "other" Anda and Mum...funny story there...at your 60th BP I was standing having a beer and a chat with Linc...and there was a kid standing just by us who I assumed was his boy Anda...anyway Linc went off to the loo or bar somewhere so I leant down and asked him if he was Anda (in Thai) and he confirmed he was...after a wee bit he put his arms out for me to pick him up so I did..and we continued on having a nice little chat...

anyway after a couple of minutes this nice lady came over and stood next to us all friendly and smiling..she introduced herself and we had we chat as well...with him still in my arms I asked her if she knew Anda....and she said yes, he is my son.....could have knocked me down with a feather...Bloody Linc had arrived back by then too and didn't say a word...555

Imagine doing that with a strangers kid back in AUS..you'd be crucified....555
    justcruzing1, Chob and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ah...the "other" Anda and Mum...funny story there...at your 60th BP I was standing having a beer and a chat with Linc...and there was a kid standing just by us who I assumed was his boy Anda...anyway Linc went off to the loo or bar somewhere so I leant down and asked him if he was Anda (in Thai) and he confirmed he was...after a wee bit he put his arms out for me to pick him up so I did..and we continued on having a nice little chat...

anyway after a couple of minutes this nice lady came over and stood next to us all friendly and smiling..she introduced herself and we had we chat as well...with him still in my arms I asked her if she knew Anda....and she said yes, he is my son.....could have knocked me down with a feather...Bloody Linc had arrived back by then too and didn't say a word...555

Imagine doing that with a strangers kid back in AUS..you'd be crucified....555
    Sounds like a bloody nice kid and one anybody would be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Sounds like a bloody nice kid and one anybody would be proud of.
    Both Andas are lovely boys...friendly, smart, chatty and handsome young fellas...they will both do OK in this world I am sure

^ for me the best cut on the animal...my mum used to cook them for us when were kids as the old man loved them, but we would turn our noses up at them....stupid children...cut fwd 20 odd years and I had them again at my uncles house in France..slow cooked in red wine with carrots, celery, garlic and onions (+ a few other herbs and spices..+ a couple of peache halves which were taken out and eaten separately afterwards with a glass of dessert wine) they were reduced down overnight until they were sticky and so sweet....just how Mum used to cook them..and I couldn't get enough...

Funnily enough on the same trip I was taken to one of Paris' grand Bistros by a family friend...where the house specialty was stuffed pigs trotters..just like mum used to make as well...man I scoffed 2 serves of those fuckers one straight after the other...same again waiter

I couldn't wait to get back to OZ and have Mum make both dishes again for me...which she happily did one sunday...and she watched over me eating both...trotters first, followed by the cheeks, followed by the peaches with a dollop of honeyed, spiced, whipped cream which she added...with a huge smile on her face...555

Since then they were regulars on the menu whenever I visited home again..along with her lamb shanks..and whole baked schnapper in sea salt crust...
    I never had beef cheeks but pork cheeks is a my favorite dish in the world