Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 5203
Like Tree2797Likes

Thread: What are you eating ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Its Philipinas who are puppy dogs ...

Thai ladies are Alley Cats ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    went for a meal with a mate and his Thai family , had some tiger prawns, the girls peeled them , gave us the meat and sucked on the heads .. perfect 555
    Exactly the same happened the only time I took NE to Aus.

Somebody once famously said , "Theres no accounting for taste !"

I go back to Aus and stay with a great old mate , and invite my best mate and his daughter, and my daughter ( both the girls have known each other since babies) down to the fish co-op where EVERYTHING comes straight off the boat , and you can order a table and sit looking over the harbour.
    Nice.
    So , since none of the 2 young ladies really wanted the Pacific oysters I really wanted , I defer to their tastes and order 2 kgs of Hunter river large prawns. Not the "kingies" as me and old mate agree the biggest ones lose a little of the taste.

Its an extra $10 aud ( 5 quid ) for the table , with all the presentation , white linen and long white glasses and all that ...
    I order 2 bottles of Hunter Valley Semillion , in ice buckets , and the girls like that , but NE purses her lips after 1 sip and looks like she ate a lemon ...555

Then they bring out a huge plate and center it on the table.
    I can see NEs ravenous expectations dashed , but she is forever the Thai Lady on holidays , and she just grins like its a trick , then gives me a look.

The next waitstaff is quick to pour a , what looks like a gallon of prawns from a silver jug onto that big plate .

And NE is salivating and peeling prawns before they had finished pouring them ! 555

The girls/old mate are sitting there a bit surprised and amused , and before you can blink theres 5 big peeled prawns on my plate that shes bitten the legs off and is munching on them , and the heads are on her plate already.
    The daughter , who has always had an opinion on everything , and always assumes a man must be always exploiting a woman goes , "Oh Dad ..."
    I shrug and smile ...

NE goes , "Oh , luuk sao hew , um , ungry nah ?" ...and does the same for her..
    Daughter goes , "Ahh , I didnt mean it like that and .."

NE says ," I can make fass , not habb to talk ..."

Within another minute all of us have 5 large prawns peeled and NE is looking down at her pile of prawn heads with relish and starts sucking away...

My daughter back then , near 10 years back , and at that time wanting to be an accusive feminist says , "Does my Dad always make you eat the prawn heads Bee ?"

And NE looks at her sincerely and says , "Yes , you Pappa wery good man to me daughter ...he Know Im love that one and him always give for me , you can see Im like too mut !"

Old mate and His daughter bust out laughing.
    My daughter is wondering if this is some sort of put on.

But of course NE relishes every head and crunches up every tail on her rock hard teeth ... all with no idea why no Australian wouldnt do the same ...555
    Last edited by Chob; 15th June 2019 at 21:37.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I love your stories, Dean. I can just picture that happening. 555

I'm spoiled where I live and can have crabs or prawns any time I want them. Crabs are a bit of a pain to crack open, and I throw away the prawn heads because I don't have someone like NE to eat them. 555

Im a firm believer that all those heads and bones etc should be dumped back at sea as fish food.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Im a firm believer that all those heads and bones etc should be dumped back at sea as fish food.
    I'd be in favour of dumping our own dead into the sea as well, except I'm not sure whether we're going to poison all the fish or introduce all sorts of diseases or not.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I'd be in favour of dumping our own dead into the sea as well, except I'm not sure whether we're going to poison all the fish or introduce all sorts of diseases or not.
    Depends where they come from originally I guess - whether they're farmed and full of who knows what, or from a clean ocean area and simply cooked without being tampered with prior.

I've said much the same thing many times. If I actually had my own choice, and it was legal, and I could get someone to do it, I would like my dead body to be ground up into paste and get dumped into my home river so the trout would have something to feed on. It would only be fair after all the fish I've eaten. 55

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Depends where they come from originally I guess - whether they're farmed and full of who knows what, or from a clean ocean area and simply cooked without being tampered with prior.
    Those human farms are full of surprises... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Tomohawk cut at the new Steak hot spot in Vancouver

It was really good but I took about 25% of it home for Quincy and most of his was all fat

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ you ate all but a quarter of that mother by yourself or did you split it?....

I cooked one recently for friends..it was just over 1kg and it was split between 3 of us...cost me about the same in baht as it was kilos iirc...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ you ate all but a quarter of that mother by yourself or did you split it?....

I cooked one recently for friends..it was just over 1kg and it was split between 3 of us...cost me about the same in baht as it was kilos iirc...
    It was 50oz and was between 5 guys
    We also had an amazing whole chicken cut up

Plus sides and salads

The tomohawk was 4,500baht
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Lamb shoulder. No semally. Was beautiful.

bacwaan, Chob and Ian Forbes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ oooh dat's pertty....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Just had asparagus tips , olive oil , salt n pepper and a few mins on the griddle - yummy

my cousin wraps them in pancetta before putting them on BBQ , very good

My Thai Partner would not eat sea foods for months after the tsunami in case they had tasted human flesh !!!
    For other remarks:-Prawn heads often house the tastiest part to be sucked in Tom yum and curries, even bbq'd.
    Picture a Bit of chicken for lunch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the Spring because of fresh asparagus. It even grows wild in some locations. I grew up loving fruit and veggies. As a child I used to get up really early and sneak out to rob the locals gardens of fresh vegetables. I never took too much from any one garden, just a couple of carrots and some peas off the vine. I got caught a few times but all I ever got was a scolding. I think the owners secretly laughed about it because I was doing their thinning that all gardens needed.
    Quarky likes this.

I often make this quick and easy meal. It doesn't matter if I cook the potato and mushroom first or the meat, onion and sweet pepper first. It takes about the same time and all goes together in the end.

I nuke a potato for 5 minutes and then slice up half for one meal. I fry the sliced potato with Lawry's salt and then add sliced mushrooms. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Ground lean beef and finely chopped onion is fried until done and then sweet red pepper chopped up and added. That is put aside in a bowl until I've done the fried potatoes and mushroom, and then it's all fried for a minute together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is that a channel island crab.
    My reason for asking is that I remember going to Channel Islands St Peters Port when I was about 8 and remember goingnto local fish market, watching the traders get the crabs ready for sale and memory was the size of the claw and the really dark red colour. Very similar to yours

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Is that a channel island crab.
    My reason for asking is that I remember going to Channel Islands St Peters Port when I was about 8 and remember goingnto local fish market, watching the traders get the crabs ready for sale and memory was the size of the claw and the really dark red colour. Very similar to yours
    We get two types of crab , Spider ( in my pic ) and Chancre ( will find a pic )