Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: - Dieting While Living In Thailand

- Dieting While Living In Thailand

I notice how the majority of most BM's claim they almost always tend to shed the pounds/kgs while in LOS but I thought there might be some discussion..

I had made a thread over a year ago on PI about a 60 Day Street Food Only Diet without any cheating. Basically this is a chicken/meat/rice only diet and it worked VERY well and I had a full set of abs popping out in about 2 months which went pretty easy on my wallet too.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Kow mun guy in the morning
    BBQ chicken for lunch
    Pad kra pow for dinner.......Thats me taken care of.55555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I lost weight initially in LOS,then went to a seefood diet along with plenty of beer drinking piled it on but now back to where i started 6 years ago.

The temptation of nights out at restaurants and bbq`s,bar "birthday parties","catching up" for a beer regularly isn`t the best for ones health as evidenced many times amongst the expat community.

Been through all of that now and kinda like being back to my correct weight and don`t miss the over eating,beer swilling and having my pocket pi55ed in 555
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Yeah if you stick to the local food it's pretty easy to drop some weight. Smaller portions and generally healthier food help a lot. I mostly stick to the local cuisine but throw in a farang feed once a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    I notice how the majority of most BM's claim they almost always tend to shed the pounds/kgs while in LOS but I thought there might be some discussion..

I had made a thread over a year ago on PI about a 60 Day Street Food Only Diet without any cheating. Basically this is a chicken/meat/rice only diet and it worked VERY well and I had a full set of abs popping out in about 2 months which went pretty easy on my wallet too.
    very interesting supmate

seems like a very good idea, but for me personally it would be hard due to the fact that im a big piss head 555 i'll give it a try but i don't like my chances of losing weight
    Last edited by josho; 5th July 2013 at 22:59.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    apart from breakfast i only eat when im hungry in los... as opposed to have a small lunch and supper when im at home...also seem to notice that i eat less in los...perhaps to do with the climate

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ or leaving more room for alcohol
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    I was about 75 kilos back in Nov and dropped about 10 kilos in 6 months. Been holding steady around 65 kilos since April. I don't diet but I do eat the local, non western food on offer. Don't do street food (bbq) very often unless you are lumping in those mom and pop shops that sell noodle soup or curries in big pots. Rarely on the grog unless it's a special occasion.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    I was about 75 kilos back in Nov and dropped about 10 kilos in 6 months. Been holding steady around 65 kilos since April. I don't diet but I do eat the local, non western food on offer. Don't do street food (bbq) very often unless you are lumping in those mom and pop shops that sell noodle soup or curries in big pots. Rarely on the grog unless it's a special occasion.
    Really? From your posts it seemed to me that you were out every night. 55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    When I go to LOS i often drink every night (til i almost fall) and still manage to lose 14-15 pounds every trip. I do eat a lot of streetfood and seafood while in LOS. But the occasional Burger and Pizza on Soi Sansabai is hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    he is out every night... just doesn't drink alcohol too often these days...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Mostly on sodas. I've only been drinking the hard stuff for Nicke's bday, the end of Mai Thai bar and the two weeks that BM Nightcrawler has been in town (because we had open bar privileges at the go-gos in Soi Seadragon)... other than that I've been relatively tame, 555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Cadet Gold
    I lose -1 kg per week I am in LOS even though I go out drinking every day. I think there are 2 reasons for that. 1: The heat makes me want to eat less and 2: The spicy food will make you full quicker. I have been wondering if I can get a prescribed LOS trip from my doctor for health reasons

A third reason could be all the exercise I get in my hotel room

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I eat a lot less in LOS , I rarely snack and stick to two or three meals a day , mostly chicken or fish dishes ... But I do drink a hell of a lot more alcohol and mixers than I ever would at home ... Usually after a few weeks am the same weight I left home ....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Unfortunately I discovered two really good Italian restaurants in Pattaya...nuff said..
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Funny I think I eat more sugar in LOS than in Oz but it prob is not so.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Funny I think I eat more sugar in LOS than in Oz but it prob is not so.
    sugar is in everything here though...its used as a taste enhancer and is balanced with salt/fish sauce/lime/chili/MSG etc in savoury dishes...even bread has loads of sugar in it here

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    sugar is in everything here though...its used as a taste enhancer and is balanced with salt/fish sauce/lime/chili/MSG etc in savoury dishes...even bread has loads of sugar in it here
    Can't eat the bread as it tastes discusting.

Yes sugar it is in most cooking but must be small amounts overall??

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Mostly on sodas. I've only been drinking the hard stuff for Nicke's bday, the end of Mai Thai bar and the two weeks that BM Nightcrawler has been in town (because we had open bar privileges at the go-gos in Soi Seadragon)... other than that I've been relatively tame, 555
    And that's what does it when it comes to weight. The grog's the biggy. And bad carbs like bread, which I never saw Thais actually eating. Found it pretty strange. Bread tends to be a staple in just about every corner of the planet. They do put away the rice but that's not as bad.

Did you come off the hooch cold turkey? Tried that once. Had hands shaking a bit during the day. Anxiety, restlessness, you name it.

Gonna try and ease off it now. Bit of wine at nights and that's about it.
    Last edited by Bacon; 8th July 2013 at 21:46.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Did you come off the hooch cold turkey?
    Yeah, no problems. Now going out to almost every night is another story... I have to find something else to keep me preoccupied at night, 555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast