Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix

Thread: Can someone explain Thai Cooking

  1. #1
    Platinum supmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    897

    Can someone explain Thai Cooking

    Why do I feel so full from it...I literally feel disgustingly full all the time and my skins pouring out heaps and heaps of oil its disgusting...what is their style of cooking? All I eat is street food and occasionally fried rice. I just feel like my stomachs always soaked in heaps of oil I just feel bloated all the time.

    This is coming from an american who eats mcdonalds DAILY at home and feels just fine / unlimited amount of hunger at home

    Here I just can't find it in me to keep eating...I feel nautious every single meal as if I've aten too much or its backed up in my stomach...someone please give me a solution or better strategy to be able to eat 6 times a day.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

  2. #2
    Cadet Gold BangkokSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    ........
    Here I just can't find it in me to keep eating...I feel nautious every single meal as if I've aten too much or its backed up in my stomach...someone please give me a solution or better strategy to be able to eat 6 times a day.
    so you want 6 meals a day and are asking how you can stop disliking the thai food so you can do that. Is that what your asking about?

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    it gets more and more strange with ever post 555

  4. #4
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    ~ ...someone please give me a solution or better strategy to be able to eat 6 times a day.
    Either GO HOME or visit Macca's 6 times daily ... not rocket science.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  5. #5
    Cadet Gold dlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gosford
    Posts
    482
    Get some fruit in your diet, I read your food intake in another thread and not one fruit was mentioned off memory. Pineapple is great for your training, so are banana's.
    Also as was suggested increase your water intake.

  6. #6
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,004
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    This is coming from an american who eats mcdonalds DAILY at home and feels just fine / unlimited amount of hunger at home

    .
    I think you feel sick because you are addicted to sugary McDonalds... now you are going cold turkey... everything will make you sick...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  7. #7
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,283
    Spose it is a little like atkins in its outcome.
    I think if you take something away either carbs fat or sugar you lose weight.
    Did atkins totally worked..... Did the just thai food worked also.
    Had a friend who cut out fat but ate jelly lollies lost wieght.
    .

  8. #8
    Platinum supmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    897
    Honestly just trying to keep it simple...eat as many calories as possible prioritizing protein / carbs then micronutrients.

    Just eating all the grilled meat..all the fat/grease or what Im thinking the (oil is marinated in?) is just filling me up way too fast and long..

    Any suggestion? I really don't want to cook at home..or go to supermarket..
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,666
    Substitute other protein rich foods instead of meat. Eating chunks of flesh every day is not good for your system.

    I don't have a list but there's a ton of stuff out there with high levels of protein that is much better for you. Even eggs are better than eating a lot of meat everyday.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,362
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    Honestly just trying to keep it simple...eat as many calories as possible prioritizing protein / carbs then micronutrients.

    Just eating all the grilled meat..all the fat/grease or what Im thinking the (oil is marinated in?) is just filling me up way too fast and long..

    Any suggestion? I really don't want to cook at home..or go to supermarket..
    My guess is that you are just overeating..
    Trying to keep a western bodybuilders diet in the tropics..?

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Either GO HOME or visit Macca's 6 times daily ... not rocket science.
    Hang on - that would greatly exceed his housing budget of 3000 Baht/month!

  12. #12
    Platinum supmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    My guess is that you are just overeating..
    Trying to keep a western bodybuilders diet in the tropics..?
    I don't understand?
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    swallowing less semen will most likely help with your problem 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

  14. #14
    Platinum supmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    swallowing less semen will most likely help with your problem 555
    Yeah I don't care about lbs anymore...just think that was a unfortunate side effect from my binge last year. Once I got here...took in everything sober and buried all my epic memories I pretty much let it all go and became back to my normal self. Just a phase..a substance induced phase may I add.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    Yeah I don't care about lbs anymore...just think that was a unfortunate side effect from my binge last year. Once I got here...took in everything sober and buried all my epic memories I pretty much let it all go and became back to my normal self. Just a phase..a substance induced phase may I add.
    only busting them dude

    i think it possibly is all the oils they use

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Grilled chicken, pork etc on a charcoal open BBQ should have most fat, oil, drip out?

  17. #17
    Platinum supmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Grilled chicken, pork etc on a charcoal open BBQ should have most fat, oil, drip out?
    Yeah but thai ppl insist on making the chicken taste like candy lol
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

  18. #18
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28
    Thais use a lot of sugar in there cooking and a lot of condiments, street food could possibly loaded with MSG, since your a garbage guts your just trading one bad diet for another, you will get use to it if you live long enough.

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,805
    Yeah they do use a lot of sugar in some of their foods. And yes the BBQ stuff is way to sweet.

    I almost always pile on a few pounds when in Thailand. Then again my dinner is almost always some sort of coconut milk based curry so that can't help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •