Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Food that shuts you up.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Food that shuts you up.

MW made a pad kra pow tonight that I have named pud mark (speak a lot) pad kra pow.
    It shut me up peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt but so aroy was really having trouble speaking.5555555

Was thinking those that eat loads of chilli know how addictive it is but what is the most brow watering mouth numbing and nose running thing you have ever eaten?

I can't say... but it wasn't food...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    That was the Pad that was KRAPOWWWW!!!...5555

A few that come to mind...As a youngster living in Africa, the Pakistani curries, my Dads weekly favourite always brought out the sweats but tasted awesome. Another one whilst in Arkansas on business was invited to a "Chiles'" restaurant ..cant remember what I ordered but the side dish which was shared between me and my Mexican host was a bowl of fresh Jalapeno chiles...damn that was spicy...(not so bad now that I am more accustomed to Thai foods) Last but not least...Sala Thai Restaurant in BKK serves a nasty Tom yum goong that makes your toes curl..super spicy and too hot for the average newbie falang ....you know how it is..the first spoonful takes your breath away!!...damn good tho!!! Its the meal that keeps coming back....even the next day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    That was the Pad that was KRAPOWWWW!!!...5555
    Was this morning.555555

Quote Originally Posted by bobdown48 View Post
    A few that come to mind...As a youngster living in Africa, the Pakistani curries, my Dads weekly favourite always brought out the sweats but tasted awesome. Another one whilst in Arkansas on business was invited to a "Chiles'" restaurant ..cant remember what I ordered but the side dish which was shared between me and my Mexican host was a bowl of fresh Jalapeno chiles...damn that was spicy...(not so bad now that I am more accustomed to Thai foods) Last but not least...Sala Thai Restaurant in BKK serves a nasty Tom yum goong that makes your toes curl..super spicy and too hot for the average newbie falang ....you know how it is..the first spoonful takes your breath away!!...damn good tho!!! Its the meal that keeps coming back....even the next day!!
    When you are accustomed you just need more it is addictive.
    My mate from the UK used to eat Vindaloo all the time and it was hot and I would avoid my lips while eating...He was at the time adding chili which I thought how could anyone do that...
    But now a few years down the track I understand....
    But MW gets this twinkle in her eye when she cooks sometimes....."Owaan how many chili you want??" I know going to be phet.5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    When you are accustomed you just need more it is addictive.
    My mate from the UK used to eat Vindaloo all the time and it was hot and I would avoid my lips while eating...He was at the time adding chili which I thought how could anyone do that...
    But now a few years down the track I understand....
    But MW gets this twinkle in her eye when she cooks sometimes....."Owaan how many chili you want??" I know going to be phet.5555
    i've always liked spicy food, long before i went to Thailand
    and i can handle spicy
    but sometimes food can be too spicy where it takes away from the taste

and i love spicy food when i am drunk

spiciest thing i have ever tasted was at a casual Korean restaurant in Vancouver
    a spicy chicken
    they asked if we can east spicy and we said of course, my wife is from Thailand
    and my wife thought it was too spicy!!
    it was insane
    we only ate half of it
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 11th November 2013 at 12:25.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    i've always liked spicy food, long before i went to Thailand
    and i can handle spicy
    but sometimes food can be too spicy where it takes away from the taste

and i love spicy food when i am drunk
    I think spicy is far better than the mostly bland NZ diet I had. Australia gives you the world of choice for all things spicy.
    I am glad I had some training prior to ever going to LOS.555555

Drunk and spicy totally agree is this why kababs have become a 3 o'clock delicacy??

I think spicy is far better than the mostly bland NZ diet I had. Australia gives you the world of choice for all things spicy.

Drunk and spicy totally agree is this why kababs have become a 3 o'clock delicacy??
    You might enjoy revisiting NZ .... food quality or shall we say, 'cuisine art' has leap-frogged Australia in the last decade. Not putting down Oz, both have fabulous produce and restaurants but NZ has really come a long way from "last to leave turn out the lights" days.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

there is the flip side too
    Canada's casual food is horrendous
    pizza, breakfast sandwiches, etc...
    so they are so used to adding hot sauce to everything

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    You might enjoy revisiting NZ .... food quality or shall we say, 'cuisine art' has leap-frogged Australia in the last decade. Not putting down Oz, both have fabulous produce and restaurants but NZ has really come a long way from "last to leave turn out the lights" days.
    I agree, especially central Auckland... you are hard pressed to find non-Asian food... 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    You want real heat, try all the sauces they make out of the new designer chilies. Some of them come at 1.5 million scoville heat units, and aren't really for direct consumption.

A lot of these come with warning labels.

Watch this guy try some. What he describes seems pretty painful 5555

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Nothing wrong with bland... it indicates a pure tongue... my eyes water when I add salt...

Somtum phet phet woop

Not so when I was there but in truth I have not been back to NZ for 20 years....Was speaking from my youth.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    there is the flip side too
    Canada's casual food is horrendous
    pizza, breakfast sandwiches, etc...
    so they are so used to adding hot sauce to everything
    I never really ate pizza till I was maybe 30 as my mum had lived in Italy and when she came back she made pizza regularly and to put it nicely it was repulsive...You should never empty a tin of Watties spaghetti onto a pizza base.
    I could not understand why people would like to eat pizza? 55555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    You might enjoy revisiting NZ .... food quality or shall we say, 'cuisine art' has leap-frogged Australia in the last decade.
    555...wherever did you read that Rob....555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I never really ate pizza till I was maybe 30 as my mum had lived in Italy and when she came back she made pizza regularly and to put it nicely it was repulsive...You should never empty a tin of Watties spaghetti onto a pizza base.
    I could not understand why people would like to eat pizza? 55555
    Jesus. That's sacrilege! Although I did see a Noggie put ketchup on a pizza that had pineapple on it...55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Jesus. That's sacrilege! Although I did see a Noggie put ketchup on a pizza that had pineapple on it...55
    My experience scarred me for life.55555
    In honesty I most likely would not have eaten anyway as I did not like cheese.......Seem to have gotten over that one.......Where is my Castile Blue??
    As for ketchup...Tomato sauce as its called here I used to put that on everything!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    My experience scarred me for life.55555
    In honesty I most likely would not have eaten anyway as I did not like cheese.......Seem to have gotten over that one.......Where is my Castile Blue??
    As for ketchup...Tomato sauce as its called here I used to put that on everything!
    Ketchup tomato sauce same same hover is a vacuum cleaner.

An experience for me was going from LA to San Diego on a bus. For aprox. 50 miles on each side of the road was Heinz (Ketchup) tomato farms. What the bus driver was saying. I asked about mechanical harvesters. He politely said "No sir we have Mexicans"
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore"