Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent steak in Pattaya?

Platinum

Decent steak in Pattaya? And Roast Dinner?

Anyone recommend a decent steak joint in Pattaya. I go out every week with friends and have a 14oz angus steak, so don't want to mess up my weekly diet
    Last edited by NOMIS; 3rd March 2014 at 06:51.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIS View Post
    Anyone recommend a decent steak joint in Pattaya. I go out every week with friends and have a 14oz angus steak, so don't want to mess up my weekly diet
    I went to a restaurant in that little covered Soi next to Soi Diana. You know it? Has tailors, massage shops and restaurants and Papayago(?) at the end of it. Well opposite the steak house is another place... dunno what its called... but I ordered Roast Beef there... for only about 250 baht. Instead of a roast dinner... I got the most gorgeous rare steak! Kept going back.... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I went to a restaurant in that little covered Soi next to Soi Diana. You know it? Has tailors, massage shops and restaurants and Papayago(?) at the end of it. Well opposite the steak house is another place... dunno what its called... but I ordered Roast Beef there... for only about 250 baht. Instead of a roast dinner... I got the most gorgeous rare steak! Kept going back.... 555
    Trying to think, Papayago is at the end of the beer bars on soi diana and then theres the snooker/pool hall there aswell?

ay? So theres a steak house and you went in the restaurant opposite? 55

Trying to think, Papayago is at the end of the beer bars on soi diana and then theres the snooker/pool hall there aswell?

ay? So theres a steak house and you went in the restaurant opposite? 55
    Yeah thats the area. Tried the steakhouse... was more expensive.... and the steak was better across the road... it was strange. You couldn't order steak. But could order roast beef.... which came as the most succulent cut...

Platinum
    The steak, 300 grams which is 10oz. Guess that's a rump. 340 Baht with fries and a sauce. Seems like good value. Some of the other food looks good too. Have you eaten here alot? Very just around the corner from soi 10 aswell

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Yes , found it last trip , thought the food was great , wine was pretty reasonable as well

Platinum
    Also Roast dinner / carvery? Anyone 7 days a week, used to eat at Robins nest alot but they only had one going on a Sunday and never really knew what day it was!

Also Roast dinner / carvery? Anyone 7 days a week, used to eat at Robins nest alot but they only had one going on a Sunday and never really knew what day it was!
    Try that place I mentioned... ask for a steak... and you'll likely get a roast... 555

Platinum
    Try that place I mentioned... ask for a steak... and you'll likely get a roast... 555
    This place sounds awful confusing! 555

Remember when I was in Phuket and went out for a meal with the family ordered a steak said it came with chips, had the tiniest steak and a blob of what was meant to be mash potato which was cold!

This place sounds awful confusing! 555

Remember when I was in Phuket and went out for a meal with the family ordered a steak said it came with chips, had the tiniest steak and a blob of what was meant to be mash potato which was cold!
    I'm gonna go back there... every meal I had was nice... and inexpensive.

Have you ever asked if you can bar fine a waitress in a restaurant? I never have... but you do get cute ones... and I always wondered the etiquette... 555

Platinum
    Never asked, bit of a tricky one as can imagine getting a **** service if you offend her 55. Nearly shagged a girl that worked in a hotel I was staying at, she was so hot kicking myself for not doing it, but she was a little too mao!
    Also remember a girl in the Irish times when me and Nicke and a few other BMs went for a carvery. With a little green Heineken dress on we were all drooling and trying not to stare. 555
    Last edited by Quarky; 3rd March 2014 at 07:04. Reason: tidied language

Platinum
    Our Location Beefeater Steak House & Pub in Pattaya

Is this the expensive place? and you went to the one on the opposite side of the road?

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9307...ptCozUEusw!2e0

Diana cofee shop?

^Language in L1 Nomis... 555.

I would ask at the end of the meal so I didn't risk ruining the atmosphere during my meal. But some of them are stunning. I heard in some restaurants in Bangkok you can bar fine them... but they are quite expensive as the restaurant needs waitresses a bit more than bars need bar girls I guess...

Our Location Beefeater Steak House & Pub in Pattaya

Is this the expensive place? and you went to the one on the opposite side of the road?

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9307...ptCozUEusw!2e0

Diana cofee shop?
    Yep that's the place. Its quite nice in there. Try that place as well... and then go directly opposite.... and try them... 555

Not sure if it was called a Coffee shop...it sort of seemed Hungarian or something... 555

Platinum
    Yep that's the place. Its quite nice in there. Try that place as well... and then go directly opposite.... and try them... 555

Not sure if it was called a Coffee shop...it sort of seemed Hungarian or something... 555
    Not sure if i agree with your method! 555

So you've just told me where to get a combined roast and steak dinner.........

Not sure if i agree with your method! 555

So you've just told me where to get a combined roast and steak dinner.........
    Just saying I ordered what I thought was a roast dinner... and got a delicious steak. But everything else came as advertised on the menu... 555
    Last edited by Quarky; 3rd March 2014 at 07:24.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Have you ever asked if you can bar fine a waitress in a restaurant? I never have... but you do get cute ones... and I always wondered the etiquette... 555
    This is a different forum isn't it? By now on most other Thai forums there would be a list of guys claiming how "you can buy any TG " etc or telling how they never pay for it and detailing all the TG's from different professions they have done for free ...yawn...

That said, I'll have a beer or two with my meals at the food court in the market alongside On Nut sky train station and people watch a jug of beer away whilst Mrs M does the rounds thru the market. It is hard to believe that the waitresses there (and at our fav restaurant down on Bang Na Road) wearing those sprayed on Heineken uniforms they seemingly unzip to the navel don't know what God gave them that body for ...555

IMHO it would be possible but not in the same errr business like manner of a beer bar or an agogo ... you would need to be able to speak at least "taxi thai" and then ask her if she wants to come eat with you after she finishes work etc ...

For me it seems to be more trouble than its worth ... I'd prefer the "clarity" of the bars..

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Who'd be a waitress. Minimum wage, getting hit on, and then no tip...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I get so frustrated trying to find places in Thailand on Google maps. Best to just ask when there I reckon. I've also found nice, out of the way places by just exploring.

And when you do find good places, make sure you try and remember how to get back there!

Stepped into this little Italian place in Phuket somewhere, tucked away down some narrow soi. Not much to look at on the outside but all the right smells where coming out and I could see plenty of people inside. I thought that was a good sign, so I sat down. The food was amazing. Great atmosphere too with all these Italians singing and dancing. I thought I was in Italy.

Couldn't wait to get back there the next night, but I couldn't find the place again. Spent a couple of hours one afternoon walking around before giving up.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast