Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy

Thread: High Pressure Wok Burner

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar

High Pressure Wok Burner

For any of you guys getting serious with your Thai cooking. You need to get yourself one of these. Ning and I have it sitting in the kitchen on a chopping board to protect the bench from the heat.

High Pressure Burner

You can get them for about A$150

They have Automatic Ignition and sound like a jet engine when powered up. This thing will cook a stirfry in less than a minute. The one in the video seems tamer than our though.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Looks good, My GF sister in BKK has something very similar and worked a treat. I cooked on our normal gas stove (no wok burner) the other night and was surprised how long it took to cook in comparison to when in BKK at the GF's sisters house. I think i will be investing in this for when Noy comes over. it will get good use from me as I try to go camping as much as possible and that will be a good addition to the kit.

WHich leads me to another question, Have you or anyone else ever brought their TG Camping? How did they go with the idea of it all?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Yeah, Thip loved it... it was the only Total Fire ban day we had this year and the ranger turned up at 6am to tell us we couldn't light a fire... we ended up leaving early so we could eat!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Yeah, Thip loved it... it was the only Total Fire ban day we had this year and the ranger turned up at 6am to tell us we couldn't light a fire... we ended up leaving early so we could eat!
    Isn't that just classic timing 55555

Years ago we were camping, total fire ban had been in place for weeks. It was pi..sing down, we had to put a tarp up to be able to keep the gas burner lit, guess who turned up to make us put it out... the ranger 5555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Isn't that just classic timing 55555
    It was worse than that, the kids had gotten up with the sunrise and were mucking around in the stream we were next to... I thought that it was a good opportunity for a cuddle (if you know what I mean) next thing I hear this "Gday kids are your parents awake"
    Spot likes this.

It was worse than that, the kids had gotten up with the sunrise and were mucking around in the stream we were next to... I thought that it was a good opportunity for a cuddle (if you know what I mean) next thing I hear this "Gday kids are your parents awake"
    Better the Ranger than a random lunatic with a gun... 555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Hey condo do a clip of your one mate its worth a look.55555
    Fire station standing by. 555555

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Hey condo do a clip of your one mate its worth a look.55555
    Fire station standing by. 555555
    Will do tonight if I get a chance

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Maybe he was looking for a 3 sum?? 5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I can't seem to locate one of these HP Wok burners anywhere in the UK. Only the smaller camping type appliances . :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I can't seem to locate one of these HP Wok burners anywhere in the UK. Only the smaller camping type appliances . :-(
    Have you tried China Town? It's the kind of thing you only find where Asians go to buy stuff for their restaurants.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Got ours on Ebay.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Well I managed to find something that should do the job on eBay. It's not high pressure but it's designed for woks. I also got myself a larger steel wok and seasoned it this afternoon. I can't wait now to get cooking outdoors.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Well I managed to find something that should do the job on eBay. It's not high pressure but it's designed for woks. I also got myself a larger steel wok and seasoned it this afternoon. I can't wait now to get cooking outdoors.
    Im guessing this is the low pressure one. I have had one for years, and use it with the steel wok.
    Not in the same league as the power one but quite ok for cooking. Mrs C uses it for soups but is scared of the gas so I do that bit for her.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Thanks for all the help guys!!
    Yep thats the one I have ordered and it should be here in a couple of days. I have read some good reports on its performance and I think it will be ok for my limited cooking skills.
    The High pressure ones are real McCoy, but that one will have to wait until my next trip, where I will pop one into my suitcase. They don't seem to stock them in the UK for some reason, although if I were to pay for shipping and import duties, I could order a genuine Thai one from the USA. There are also plenty of Western made HP burners available in the USA, Oz, and some Euro countries, but they will work out expensive after importing.
    Anyway, I will give this Foker a try and report back soon.

Warming the wok
    Last edited by Rockitt; 24th May 2012 at 02:48.